Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best lvling spec from 85-90?

So, I just resubbed after 4 months off to level my last two toon's to 90. My hunter is up next and I was wondering is there is a best leveling spec? Also is there a better AOE spec then the others? I find farming the larva on TI to be a good way to level and plan on doing it a bit on this hunter.
    Everyone's an atheist, some people just take it one god further.

You can't kill a debt collector and you shouldn't kill a child-Mall Security

Survival hands down, serpent spread is too good, you just go on a long range and keep kiting the larvae while your serpent sting kills them, it's really easy, I would also recommend getting the archaelogy gun 463+8 makes a beast 471 gun that will kill very fast. Did it about a month ago and it's totally worth it.

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.
    As aforementioned, survival is the best spec for soloing on Timeless. MM and BM's AoE pales in comparison to Serpent Spread.

As above, farming those larva is cake as a hunter. Drop ice trap, ToTH+MS will rek them.
    Log Reviews @
    Nnug#6921-Twitter-Stream

Thanks for the info. I will have to look up that gun.
    Everyone's an atheist, some people just take it one god further.

You can't kill a debt collector and you shouldn't kill a child-Mall Security

Quote Originally Posted by Rainistal View Post
    Survival hands down, serpent spread is too good, you just go on a long range and keep kiting the larvae while your serpent sting kills them, it's really easy, I would also recommend getting the archaelogy gun 463+8 makes a beast 471 gun that will kill very fast. Did it about a month ago and it's totally worth it.
    If u think Beast Cleave pales in comparison to serpent's spread, u haven't seen it in action. The larvae will be in cluster, get ur pet cat out as BM, MD on him and keep multishot every 4 seconds. u will be amazed with the result. Beast cleave doesnt do dotting, it pays instant. and yes, with bing BM, u dont even need to kite. just stand there and let ur pet eat the larvae.

beast mastery works also, just have misdirection glyph.

BM scales much better with Gear, so with Leveling gear SV should win out hands down since the base damage of SV is higher.

Sv is the best way to go if you are lvling.

For farming on TI if you plan on pulling multiple packs at the same time and kiting, go surv. For single packs at a time on TI or questing, then go BM.

Get spirit bond, MD and mending glyphs. Spirit bond as talent, and if you're on TI larvae binding arrow will be useful for those times they get a bit too close and haven't procced your trap or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Noima View Post
    For farming on TI if you plan on pulling multiple packs at the same time and kiting, go surv. For single packs at a time on TI or questing, then go BM.

Get spirit bond, MD and mending glyphs. Spirit bond as talent, and if you're on TI larvae binding arrow will be useful for those times they get a bit too close and haven't procced your trap or something.
    If u really pulling multiple packs, u will find BM most suitable. glyph mending + MD, MD on ur pet, let it aggro crazy amount of mobs, keep beast cleave up, heal pet, and win! nothing pulls and keeps agro, like a BM pet

Brewmaster
    I think what all the conflicting information tells you is: Both BM and Surv are excellent leveling specs. It's just personal preference.

Which spec you pick makes so little difference it's not even worth discussing. The time you took to make this thread likely slowed down your leveling process more than any spec choice would.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Which spec you pick makes so little difference it's not even worth discussing. The time you took to make this thread likely slowed down your leveling process more than any spec choice would.
    This, pretty much. Surv has serpent spread, BM has beast cleave, and MM has Bombardment + Thrill of the Hunt which makes Multi costs 10 focus. You can spam that crap like crazy and with more than 5 or so, its proccing constantly.
    TAZI-BEAR ... da Beast

Past level 70, survival all the way.

Uh.... you're farming TI pre-90? /doubt

SV or BM, whichever you enjoy. Won't make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazienne View Post
    MM has Bombardment + Thrill of the Hunt which makes Multi costs 10 focus.
    It costs 0
    Log Reviews @
    Nnug#6921-Twitter-Stream

The benefit of MM is that your milti-shot will daze the maggots, with thrill of the hunt, it's slower but there's next to no risk.
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.

there's basically none with SV(entrapment) or BM(MD to pet) either.
    Log Reviews @
    Nnug#6921-Twitter-Stream

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Uh.... you're farming TI pre-90? /doubt

SV or BM, whichever you enjoy. Won't make a huge difference.
    Stop doubting, it is easy with a BM hunter. Both SV and BM are even. Serpent Spread and Beast Cleave are both excellent against the grubs. Spec your pet Tenacity and the Thunderstomp helps with Beast Cleave (I Prefer BM) and your Mend Pet ticks harder. You can easily farm there at lv 87*. If you can kill packs reliably and it isn't farmed out by other players, you can top 11 million an hour. I've done it (leveled from 87-90) with 4 classes.