Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tauren, rarest of priest races?

I have never played a priest before, and I have never had a tauren either. So I thought of playing a tauren priest to stand out a bit. Is it just me or are tauren the rarest of priests? I honestly can't remember even seeing one in game before.

They are new, and tauren shouldn't be allowed to be priests (or paladins) lorewise, so hopefully people don't play them because they're heretics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermont View Post
    They are new, and tauren shouldn't be allowed to be priests (or paladins) lorewise, so hopefully people don't play them because they're heretics.
    They are allowed, what you smokin?
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Keyword "shouldn't"

Statistically they're the lowest besides pandaren (if you separate them by faction.) It's not really surprising if you ask me, tauren just seem too...physical to be priests. People tend to think of dainty races when they're making priests, and tauren are just too imposing.

It's a mixture of things. Models are meh which makes the gear look meh on them. Cow in cloth isn't to appealing to most it seems, and I agree with those sentiments. I get they wanted to diversify the race/class combos, but Tauren Priests aren't a thing. You see a ton of the Tauren Paladins for the same reason you used to see a lot of Tauren Warriors. But yeah... Tauren Priests are bad!

I guess I'll wait until the new player models come with Warlords of Draenor.

Big moo cow look silly in cloth dress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Big moo cow look silly in cloth dress.
    By silly, you mean amazing!

Before I faction changed to Alliance, my priest was a burly moo cow man! I race changed him as soon as he could become a Tauren. Tauren just look so awesome in cloth transmogs and priests are the only cloth class a Tauren can be, so it's perfect

But yeah, OP. I'd wait till the new models come out. The new tauren model makes me long to go horde again.

Deleted
    I actually liked the lore that Blizzard came up with for Tauren Priests. I chose a Tauren for almost only that reason.

Since shoulder armor becomes massive on male Taurens it's interesting to see some of the awesome cloth transmogs on them. Sadly most helms/cover don't translate well to Taurens.

Yes, you'll get some weird looks for playing a Tauren Priest, but I still like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also the fact that it appears that a lot of players like to play female characters as Priests, and fem cows are perhaps the least popular female choice period, along with female Dwarves.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    They are, and there's a good reason why. It looks incredibly silly.

Shouldn't be too surprising considering their racials suck and there is undead...

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    There's also the fact that it appears that a lot of players like to play female characters as Priests, and fem cows are perhaps the least popular female choice period, along with female Dwarves.
    I have never seen a female Tauren Priest... That would be a great looking character, too, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

I'm just waiting for the day when they let me roll a tauren rogue.

I think shadow cows are adorable.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Hydro/advanced

Awww doesnt he look adorable in that xmog. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    i'd expect the US average to be something obese
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Irdaq/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because Tauren spellcasters look stupid.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by irdaq View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Hydro/advanced

Awww doesnt he look adorable in that xmog. lol
    That is seriously impressive!! I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

If I was horde, I think I'd choose female Tauren over other races. I seem to go with the stranger choices. My rogue is dwarven female.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.