Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[WoD] Saving Grace

Do stacks of the Saving Grace debuff reduce the healing of Saving Grace itself as well?

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, absolutely. I haven't done much with the talent, but it appears to be a filler "oh shit" type cast for a fight where there is massive spike damage and you know you can benefit more with single target then otherwise.

Great synergy say with a Holy Paladin and Resto Druid. They keep the pad and pass the heals around, you snipe the tank and any other spike.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I much dislike talents that have some side effect, tax or the like....I can't really imagine using that talent in its current state with the current healing model as it is.

Deleted
    I agree in that I don't like spells with a tax like this. I feel it would make *much* more sense to have its mana cost significantly increase instead or simply have the mana cost of all spells increased for 10s.

Oh, that would make it far more usable. Not a healing tax but a mana tax for that spell specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I much dislike talents that have some side effect, tax or the like....I can't really imagine using that talent in its current state with the current healing model as it is.
    From a game design perspective this is the best sort of spell, as it creates decision making.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah a very easy decision for me...to not choose it.

I feel like this is going to be obscenely good for PvP, snipe it between CCs and you probably wont even have to deal with the downside since you'll be sitting a poly for 80% of the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tachycardias View Post
    From a game design perspective this is the best sort of spell, as it creates decision making.
    Too bad not taking it isn't actually a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    I feel like this is going to be obscenely good for PvP, snipe it between CCs and you probably wont even have to deal with the downside since you'll be sitting a poly for 80% of the debuff.
    To be honest, PvP is the only place where this talent has a chance. And even then, it's competing with Words of Mending, so it probably won't get picked there either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    To be honest, PvP is the only place where this talent has a chance. And even then, it's competing with Words of Mending, so it probably won't get picked there either.
    It might be able to undo massive burst from the enemy team in a matter of 2-3 instant GCDs.. with no cast times to interrupt, no mana cost, so after 10s you can go back ham with healing without even having scratched your mana pool.

Don't know.. looks good on paper.. but might be either OP as hell or get skipped by everyone.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    It might be able to undo massive burst from the enemy team in a matter of 2-3 instant GCDs.. with no cast times to interrupt, no mana cost, so after 10s you can go back ham with healing without even having scratched your mana pool.
    I thought the debuff lasted 1min? 1 minute is too much (about a fifth, to a tenth of a boss encounter), and 10s actually seems like too little :P.
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the debuff lasted 1min? 1 minute is too much (about a fifth, to a tenth of a boss encounter), and 10s actually seems like too little :P.
    No, it's only 10 seconds. http://wod.www1.wowhead.com/spell=152116

Edit: the debuff is the only thing that stacks (10%-99% healing reduction), the duration is always 10 seconds.

Yeah, with only 10s debuff duration it's like they're asking for raids to abuse 2-3 priests rotating through 0 mana SG spam. :P
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Yeah, with only 10s debuff duration it's like they're asking for raids to abuse 2-3 priests rotating through 0 mana SG spam. :P
    It's not free, it costs 3% of your base mana. Still not very significant, especially for the amount it heals I suppose.

Deleted
    its plain bad tbh

currently, all of the holy talents are bad. hopefully blizzard reworks them or atleast tunes them right.

Well, what should I take as holy then?
    Prayer of Mending doesn't seem that great, so Words of Mending can't be that good either, can it?
    And Clarity of Purpose... I've only done 5-mans on the beta, and I really disliked this talent there. Maybe it will work better in raids...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really unimpressed by the 100 talents, Clarity of Purpose is potentially the best one, smart-ish aoe heal that increases in effectiveness when people are low, but it just doesn't work with most of our passive abilities that proc from and/or are affected by Prayer of Healing. Serendipity does reduce its cast time, but does not reduce its mana cost. Clarity does not proc Divine Insight either, so that's a lot of synergy lost there. Mending, well I use that for most testing bosses, it just doesn't feel as though it warrants a talent point....should be a tier bonus or a passive.

As for saving grace, well I'm not even going to go there for pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Well, what should I take as holy then?
    Prayer of Mending doesn't seem that great, so Words of Mending can't be that good either, can it?
    And Clarity of Purpose... I've only done 5-mans on the beta, and I really disliked this talent there. Maybe it will work better in raids...
    Words of Mending is literally just free healing. That will always be your default choice with the current talents.

PoM is amazing as Holy, it can be anywhere from 5% at the very low end to 15% at the top of your healing. "Doesn't seem great" = Doesn't actually use it correctly, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    No, it's only 10 seconds. http://wod.www1.wowhead.com/spell=152116

Edit: the debuff is the only thing that stacks (10%-99% healing reduction), the duration is always 10 seconds.
    Do the stacks wear off separately?
    eg.
    0:01 - cast SG; 1 stack
    0:05 - cast SG; 2 stacks
    0:11 - 1 stack (1 fell off)
    0:15 - 0 stacks (1 fell off)

or
    0:11 - nothing happens
    0:15 - 0 stacks (2 fell off)