Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What I do is focus on one mount at a time.

EG: I want Invincible's Reins, I go and solo ICC on all my characters until eventually one week it drops. When it drops, I start on say, Onyxia's Lair.

It stops you getting burnt out and demotivated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    Uhh, what? Onyxia has ALWAYS dropped her head, its a quest item that lead to getting a ring or a neck, at 60 and at 80. How wouldn't you know what he meant, you clearly had killed Onyxia before...
    The Kid thought the Ony mount icon looked like her head...

I'm sitting at 88 kills here no drops :/

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    What I do is focus on one mount at a time.

EG: I want Invincible's Reins, I go and solo ICC on all my characters until eventually one week it drops. When it drops, I start on say, Onyxia's Lair.

It stops you getting burnt out and demotivated.
    Really no reason to focus on only one a week given the gear we have. Granted, I probably wouldn't try to farm EVERY mount every day. If I remember correctly I focused on dungeon and rep mounts first before trying raid stuff but that was because I started doing this at the end of Wrath and beginning of Cata. Started farming for Ashes after my Druid got geared enough to do the kite through instance strat (plus fire kitty). Even then I didn't see Ashes until ToT I think.

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Ashes - 34 kills in total to see the mount drop
    Onyxia 117 kills in total to see the mount drop
    ZG panther around 30-40 kills in total to see the mount drop
    Blue proto 94
    Anzu - 70

And yeah, Kael'thas is the MAIN TARGET YO
    ashes like 40-50
    onyxia, 2nd kill on dk alt
    zg panther around 20, got raptor in like 6
    blue proto 150
    anzu 2

still 430~ no stratholme, 165 no stonecore, isn't rng fun xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I was running TK on two toons for about a year - one week I decided to just go for the pets to sell on AH. And kablooey, Ashes is mine. I swear, Blizz can tune in on our thoughts and motivations to make stuff happen when we least expect it (no tinfoil hat - just kidding).

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my friends farmed TK as normal, and I thought "what the hell" and joined him. He DC'd before the boss died, the mount dropped and I waited for him to come back on.. When he did come back we noticed I couldn't trade him the mount (I logged out to make sure I could trade it to him!). He was mad. Then he went and killed Ony and got that mount, so we're even.

Doesn't seem too bad to me.

It's just RNG. You're having bad luck.

I got mine in 32 kills, You can skip all the bosses, it has no effect on drop chance. As soon as you zone into TK the mount is either on KT or it isn't, simple as that.

The mount is a 2% drop chance, It's actually on the higher end of the scale compared to some other mounts that are still available to farm(Fiery Warhorse's Reins comes to mind at 0.9% drop chance, I believe the lowest in the game)

Hang in there, You'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Really no reason to focus on only one a week given the gear we have. Granted, I probably wouldn't try to farm EVERY mount every day. If I remember correctly I focused on dungeon and rep mounts first before trying raid stuff but that was because I started doing this at the end of Wrath and beginning of Cata. Started farming for Ashes after my Druid got geared enough to do the kite through instance strat (plus fire kitty). Even then I didn't see Ashes until ToT I think.
    I have a lot of characters I could run the various raids with and I found after running Karazhan 13 times, then Onyxia's Lair 13 times, then Firelands I started to get burnt out really really quickly.

That said, GUESS WHO JUST HAD INVINCIBLE DROP!

RNG.
    I've done it on and off for a couple of years on different chars. Got it on my rogue on the first try a week ago.

I've been just focusing on karazhan 5x a week, and it hasn't been a good expansion of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    Uhh, what? Onyxia has ALWAYS dropped her head, its a quest item that lead to getting a ring or a neck, at 60 and at 80. How wouldn't you know what he meant, you clearly had killed Onyxia before...
    The mount icon is Onyxia's head as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    I've been just focusing on karazhan 5x a week, and it hasn't been a good expansion of luck
    I feel your pain. I did it on 7 characters at least for well over a year. It was ridiculous how many attempts it took. lol

Got mine last week, about 50 kills total I'd guess... It wasn't something that I was farming on a constant basis. It isn't all that of a rare drop, it was of course back in the old days as Kael'thas was a boss people generally didn't go back to kill once they had gotten attuned, he was too much of a pain in the ass (and back then you had to clear to get to him).

It's a mount I always wanted, I was amazed by it during TBC, but now it's so common that its hard to be so excited about it. With the Karazhan mount, I got that a while back but a friend of mine got it in his first Karazhan run in TBC, he was only level 68 at the time and they were only going in to do Attunmen, as he wouldnt be able to tank anything further! hah.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Gratz on Invincible. I'll try that again in WoD. Got LK down, but it just takes too long for my taste.

KT dropped my ashes on the 14th kill. Had a shitty Flex raid (still went for the Thok trinket at the time) and decided to go cool off on KT. Ran past the other bosses. Wondered if that would impact my chances, but dismissed it since RNG would probably prevent Ashes from dropping for years to come anyway. And then to my big surprise it dropped..

Anyhow, happy hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Wait... you can skip Al'ar? Damn, I've been wasting my time each week. Now I need to get my alts able to kill him so I can farm him on more than just the Warlock (the four aides take out most of my toons still)
    You ever spread them out? Pull Kael, run out of the room before the gates seal. Run to the entrance, wait for Thaladred (a long time). Kill him there. Kill Sanguinar there, too. Run up, about halfway back to Kael's room, kill Caperian. Run all the way back to Kael's room right outside the gate, kill Thaladred. Kill all the weapons, and now you have time to burn down each one of the four adds instead of battling them all at once - you'll kill Thaladred first, by that time Capernian will be back, kill her, etc etc.

I farmed Ashes on 4 different toons every week for probably about a year - I got burned out a little bit and quit all of WoW for a few months [not because of the mounts]. Finally got my Ashes on this past Tuesday. I screamed SO loud.

Onyxia took 3 kills; Blue Proto-Drake took 1.

Still working on Attunemen and Anzu
    Last edited by Alexandrina; 2014-05-08 at 08:34 PM.

I saw it drop on my 148th kill. I was running it on and off since the start of MoP until two guildies got it on their 4th and 7th kills. Then I started running it on all 7 of my 90s, every week for about 7-8 weeks before I finally saw it drop.

I thought Ashes was a cool mount until I got it and realized it meant yellow/pink streams of color in my face the whole time I'm flying

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    You ever spread them out?
    Too much work if you ask me. I used to just kill the 3 melee/engineer at the back end of the room (behind KT), and killed the caster at the entrance of the room -> pop shield buff on the staff when she activates & burn down, then the rest follows afterwards.

Funnily, I got both KT mount & Karazhan mounts in a month on a twinked out lvl 85 disc priest alt (with 410 ilvl).

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    I thought Ashes was a cool mount until I got it and realized it meant yellow/pink streams of color in my face the whole time I'm flying
    That is exactly my issue with some of the mounts in the game... bloody trailing particles straight into the face making me feel half blinded and almost giving me a headache. I always have to tilt the camera a bit sideways when using those.

Took me 78 kills I believe. It's just random.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!