Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    Too much work if you ask me. I used to just kill the 3 melee/engineer at the back end of the room (behind KT), and killed the caster at the entrance of the room -> pop shield buff on the staff when she activates & burn down, then the rest follows afterwards.
    I didn't ask you.

It's a viable strat for someone who just said their alts keep dying while they try to kill Kael'thas. Obviously it's too much for some people, some people don't need it, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    Too much work if you ask me. I used to just kill the 3 melee/engineer at the back end of the room (behind KT), and killed the caster at the entrance of the room -> pop shield buff on the staff when she activates & burn down, then the rest follows afterwards.

Funnily, I got both KT mount & Karazhan mounts in a month on a twinked out lvl 85 disc priest alt (with 410 ilvl).
    Before all the MoP gear for 80 and 85 spreading out the bosses through the instance made things much easier to handle especially because you didn't have to deal with Conflag and Remote Toy at the same time. Nowadays I wouldn't bother with this even on a fresh 90 depending on class and spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    I've been just focusing on karazhan 5x a week, and it hasn't been a good expansion of luck
    Thatwas the only one I have ever farmed. When dropped the second time and I was alone I frowned

Deleted
    Ashes of alar - 1 KILL
    Rivendare mount - 1 KILL
    Karazan mount - 1 KILL
    Ravenlord mount - 3 KILLS
    Onyxia mount - 11 chars farming her for 10 months.
    ZG Mounts....... been farming it on 2 chars for since release. /WRIST

Here's my (silly) tip: make yourself not bothered about getting a mount, and it will drop. Over the years this is how I have seen my mounts drop haha, obviously it's down to RNG, but the mounts I want I have not got, the mounts I have thought "yeah that would be cool, I'll go kill it" I have got.

I.e., I want Anzu and the ZG raptor horrendously badly, I have wanted Anzu since TBC, and I have never even seen it drop before. It's such an old mount now, a lot of people have it, but I want it. And it never drops. Then I thought about soloing Kael'thas, maybe 10 weeks in it dropped. Same with ony, didn't expect it, it dropped. Got bored one night, solo'd UP once and the protodrake dropped haha.

It's silly I know... but just stop yourself getting hyped up for the mount. I rage every day I kill anzu now, I want that mount horrendously bad and I'll never see it :P
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
    Here's my (silly) tip: make yourself not bothered about getting a mount, and it will drop.
    That's how I felt when I did my KT kill for Ashes. I'd been doing it every week for a long time, and that week I'd totally forgotten about it. Thought I might as well do it even though it never drops (at 2:30 AM on Wednesday, 3 hours before server maintenance), ran in there and it dropped.

Deleted
    Yea it's random, I got mine on the 9th kill.
    But on the other hand it took me 8 years to get the f*cking eye from Ragnaros.

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    Really? Of course not. Killing him over and over does not increase the drop rate.
    But the probability that the mount will have dropped goes up with every kill. Going for an 1% drop chance mount with 3 toons for a year will yield a probability of about 81.52% that you got the mount in that amount of kills.

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Ashes - 34 kills in total to see the mount drop
    Onyxia 117 kills in total to see the mount drop
    ZG panther around 30-40 kills in total to see the mount drop
    Blue proto 94
    Anzu - 70

And yeah, Kael'thas is the MAIN TARGET YO

I find this so funny it took me 2 tries for onixia and 1 for malygos. I assumed they were super common. Phoenix on the other hand has been a many year process.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like 7~ attempts for me, and then on the 8th attempt:

-.-

Ony's mount took forever though.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    I thought Ashes was a cool mount until I got it and realized it meant yellow/pink streams of color in my face the whole time I'm flying
    Lol yes its very annoying isn't it.

It took me a while average seams to be around 50 - 60 kills though i did it 3x a week for a while i think it took around the 70 mark for me.

I am at around 50 or so kills, no luck yet. However, it if it makes you feel any better I've been farming Glaives every week for over a year now and I have seen 7 off-hands, 0 main hands.