Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    im in the same situation as OP. my only healing experience is some priest pve healing, mostly lfr. tried out monk early mop but did not understand much.

started pvp a few months ago with my hunter and find it really fun. been thinking of trying a healer but dunno which.
    im a really terrible pvp'player who easily panics.

after reading this thread, i think monk could be it, is that correct?
    (have all classes except druid)

i want an easy class to learn. i dont aim for high ratings just some bg's/rbg maybe 2s.

thanks in advance and sorry for hijacking your thread which i thought was a nice one. let me know how you'll be going.

Holy priest is a lot of fun right now. Constant speed boost through Feathers, Psyfiend Fearbot en big instant cast heals. Once you get the hang of it its really fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Holy priest is a lot of fun right now. Constant speed boost through Feathers, Psyfiend Fearbot en big instant cast heals. Once you get the hang of it its really fun to play.

i... i dont even..... nvm.

if shamans and druid wouldnt be over the top, yes priest would be fun.

Also your Fear is pretty much useless, since 90% of the team has a shaman. You have to force 2x tremor, pvp trinket, etc. And by pushing for fear you have to move away from your pillar, and with the amount of cc in the game... you wont be playing the game for quite some time after this.

Deleted
    In the 3v3, the only real competitive bracket, shamans are currently the best healer by quite a margin.

If your just thinking of doing battlegrounds or RBGs, just play whatever you find the most fun to play, as neither are competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruh View Post
    Also your Fear is pretty much useless, since 90% of the team has a shaman. You have to force 2x tremor, pvp trinket, etc. And by pushing for fear you have to move away from your pillar, and with the amount of cc in the game... you wont be playing the game for quite some time after this.
    What helps with this is if you wait for your partner(s) to cc before you come out from behind a pillar. If you can spare the globals -- which priests are good with IMO -- then drop a feather and invis first. Point is though, priests are great when they are able to augment their partner's cc. A priest trying to cc by themselves is quite hopeless if the opponents are competent though. Just need some coordination and it becomes fun again, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    How are priest? I ask about them because I just realized I dont' have any heirloom caster gear other than cloth. I dont' mind having to grind out for mail or leather casting gear, but it would take a few days.
    I just started playing a holy priest and it's a lot of fun. Sooo much utility.

Quote Originally Posted by badaku View Post
    I just started playing a holy priest and it's a lot of fun. Sooo much utility.
    I agree. Go for the holy priest, spec into FDCL (massive amount of procs) and stack crit. Lots and lots of instant cast free big heals.

Yup it doesn't necessarily have to be the current FOTM healer, if you're starting just now. Go for the most fun one and learn to play it, since you probably won't be going for the high ratings in this season anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001 View Post
    All healers are viable in PvP currently. Play what you think will be fun. If you're going for glad, which it doesn't sound like you are, research it on:
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-0-0-0.html

I have all healers other than Shaman, I just hate their playstyle. Druid and Monks are fun because of mobility. Disc and HPal are fun because of their "tanky" feel. I have not tried HPriest but I know they are considered the better Priest healer by many due to, basically, Guardian Spirit and Chastise. Can't freaking wait for Chastise to be useless in WoD. Sorry, I digressed. But, until 2k and probably even 2.2k any healer is viable, although as stated with varying comps as options.

Have fun and welcome to healing: it can be annoying, learning to "juke" interrupts and silences but it's a very fun aspect of the game!
    ps is better than guardian the problem with disc is that it doesn't work with dampening - you cant top anyone off quickly, have to cast too much (almost no instants). shields are too weak. plus disc got nerfed a lot, no more shadow burst spells, no more divine hymn.

it's always funny to see things like 'viable for 2k' ... this statement is completely useless to anyone. it depends on how good you and your teammates are.
    any caster has to juke interrupts, not just healers. (okay mages only ever have to cast polymorph I guess but especially then (and even if half your polys are instant) it's important to fake cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryah View Post
    What helps with this is if you wait for your partner(s) to cc before you come out from behind a pillar. If you can spare the globals -- which priests are good with IMO -- then drop a feather and invis first. Point is though, priests are great when they are able to augment their partner's cc. A priest trying to cc by themselves is quite hopeless if the opponents are competent though. Just need some coordination and it becomes fun again, lol.
    i do pretty decent, i think i know how to play my class. sadly the priest is not the healer who can spare globals. feather and invis is standart. but everone will know what you are up to.... every team can and will try to stop you from fearing

Quote Originally Posted by Peruh View Post
    i do pretty decent, i think i know how to play my class. sadly the priest is not the healer who can spare globals. feather and invis is standart. but everone will know what you are up to.... every team can and will try to stop you from fearing
    That's exactly why I say you need to cross cc first. Anyway, use it or don't

Quote Originally Posted by Aryah View Post
    That's exactly why I say you need to cross cc first. Anyway, use it or don't
    you dont know what youre talking about.

90% of the games its just not worth pushing for fears.

Well I am going to say this because I was a rogue and went to heals. I chose paladin. I do not regret it, although I would have loved to learn a Shaman for arenas. I do not like Paladin for arenas even though I am capable at the 1900-2000 rating mark. I have a TON more fun in BG's.

Now if you look at the top 50 healers in RBG ratings (this doesn't really mean anything, but still good to note) there are 19 Holy Paladins, MW Monks are 2nd, then Druids, then Shamans, then Holy priests, and 1 Disc priest.

I love the paladin for the procs and burst healing. The mobility is great. I do have some trouble being CC'd in arenas, it is tricky on how to use your CD's correctly to avoid sheeps/scatter shots etc, cause if you are caught, you will have to waste your bubble to get out which sucks for the most part. And if that happens, youre pretty much going to win the match or die horribly unless the other team are baddies and wont train you.

Druid and Shaman have great moves to stay out of CC for the most. Why they have the highest ratings in arenas imo. I do not think Paladins are the most "fun", I think that the druid will win that with all the wild stuff they have. You will never get bored. I find the Paladin fun cause it is so hard to kill them, and just when you think you can, we bubble and start it all over. I have, when I was fully geared, taken on 4 different players in front of Ironforge. So definitely not a boring class.

I think my main problem is this...I do not tank, but I love to DPS. (I am strictly pvp) I just do not find Ret fun at all...so I would need another 90 to switch around my playing. and Prot sucks in RBG's, so I cant play that spec either.

Also....I bought ALL CLOTH heirlooms, used it on my paladin, shaman, druid, I do not care about the benefits of correct gear when I am getting extra xp. Just use the cloth on your paladin and do a ton of dungeons, you'll level up in no time.
    3436 Resilience | 2161 RBG | 2108 3's