10+ Year Old Account

Arms vs. Fury Weapon Scaling Question

So I'm almost done leveling a warrior alt with the intention of raiding as a dps. I've managed to get two heirloom polearms from Garrosh on my main. I'm aware that fury generally does higher damage, but I've heard that arms scales better with weapon damage. If this is the case, I'd probably have about a 450 item level with a 561 weapon. Should I go with arms? And if so, around what item level would fury become viable?

Yes you're going to want to go Arms. Fury will break even somewhere around 530 and pull ahead around 540-550ish.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    Yes you're going to want to go Arms. Fury will break even somewhere around 530 and pull ahead around 540-550ish.
    Also, that only counts for single target. As soon as there is a second target to cleave Arms pulls ahead again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    It's not even ilvl so much as the amount of Crit you have. Fury with sub-30% Crit just isn't fun to play.

As for the OP you're going to want to look into when you're best replacing an Agility weapon for a Strength weapon. I'd imagine Flex Sha/Garrosh weapons would be the earliest that this would be worth doing (lower weapon damage should be countered by the gain in Strength + Crit on either of those weapons) but not familiar enough with simC to test that idea.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    It's not even ilvl so much as the amount of Crit you have. Fury with sub-30% Crit just isn't fun to play.

As for the OP you're going to want to look into when you're best replacing an Agility weapon for a Strength weapon. I'd imagine Flex Sha/Garrosh weapons would be the earliest that this would be worth doing (lower weapon damage should be countered by the gain in Strength + Crit on either of those weapons) but not familiar enough with simC to test that idea.
    If i recall correctly weapon damage outscales str by far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Weapon Damage>Stats for Arms. If you got a 561agi weapon, it will be better than a 559 weapon with Strength.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    If i recall correctly weapon damage outscales str by far.
    I wasn't arguing against that. However, the Agility polearms have Mastery+Haste on them which means he's missing two primary Crit sources on his weapons; that can be a good 3%+. As such I'm not sure how much weapon damage outweighs the combined effect of Strength+Crit as while there's a decent chunk of Mastery on them, Mastery is worthless if you're not Enraged (fresh toon probably won't have 25%+ Crit unless decent Timeless Isle gear rolls). Then there's Haste which is garbage for Fury at all gear levels but an ok stat for Arms.

Arms is always ahead on AOE fights, on single target Arms is ahead until probably around 540 ish. Fury is really really gear dependant, where as Arms is good right the way through from level 10 to dinging 90, up through all your gearing Arms is superior right up until you hit that upper level of gearing and Fury will start to pull ahead and then pull far ahead as you improve gear further(single target).

Weapon damage > everything for a Warrior. Arms or Fury.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4