Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I was looking at Divine Star. Jesus... thats something you wouldnt expect even in 2004.....................
    Again, I just don't understand the problem. If you want fancy graphics, play some other game?

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Again, I just don't understand the problem. If you want fancy graphics, play some other game?
    If you dont care about visuals at all, go back to ultima online?

OT: theres no excuse for such a shitty job. No matter what you think.
    Last edited by Musta; 2014-05-09 at 02:07 AM.

But there is. It's called being lazy. People at Blizz have a phd in that.

Deleted

Well, there is a very good excuse for the "shitty job" since the visual is irrelevant. Nobody in their right mind would look at their character to see how many orbs they got; there are addons which tell us this. The visual fades over time, yeah, that is an artifact from pre MoP and they will fade once again in WoD.

The caring about visuals is a relative term, not absolute.

If I did not care about visuals, why not play blindfolded? Why even have eyes?

I never played UO.

I have played MUDs, and rogue-like games of which I still play this one:

You can play it too, by using telnet to nethack.alt.org there is even an Android port.

The funny thing? This game fits the definition of dungeon crawler more accurate than Diablo 3.

So don't start referencing to visuals from other game from a different time and age. There are games with very good gameplay out there, but not the most astonishing flashy visuals, and vice versa.

Well, there is a very good excuse for the "shitty job" since the visual is irrelevant. Nobody in their right mind would look at their character to see how many orbs they got; there are addons which tell us this. The visual fades over time, yeah, that is an artifact from pre MoP and they will fade once again in WoD.

The caring about visuals is a relative term, not absolute.

If I did not care about visuals, why not play blindfolded? Why even have eyes?

I never played UO.

I have played MUDs, and rogue-like games of which I still play this one:

You can play it too, by using telnet to nethack.alt.org there is even an Android port.

The funny thing? This game fits the definition of dungeon crawler more accurate than Diablo 3.

So don't start referencing to visuals from other game from a different time and age. There are games with very good gameplay out there, but not the most astonishing flashy visuals, and vice versa.
    Visuals matter. Period. They MADE it matter. Otherwise I would not play WoW. Being lazy is not an excuse, the game is improving in all areas. Your argument contradicts itself since you play also.

And claim its irrelevant because you find it irrelevant or call it irrelevant because you play other shit its just a falacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    But there is. It's called being lazy. People at Blizz have a phd in that.
    They seen like having a special place for Spriests in there.

Deleted
    Visuals matter. Period. They MADE it matter.
    I agree, visuals matter. Some matter more than other. This visual you mention, does not matter, in the sense that the visual itself works great it is just not accurate in the literal sense. Part of the accuracy issue is going to be addressed in WoD.

Otherwise I would not play WoW. Being lazy is not an excuse, the game is improving in all areas.
    Assuming Blizzard agrees with you its very likely not a matter of laziness, but of priorities.

Your argument contradicts itself since you play also.
    So the fact I play WoW means I must care about visual quality of certain effects you also care about? What a load of rubbish. If you're talking about say characters models, yes, I would say they matter. You see orcs and gnomes all the time. This suggestion from you, I don't see how it is important. Personally, all I see is a priest in shadowform an that is me and for the rest I don't even care much about my gear. I don't even see how you can put it in the same context (and yeah, you did that by putting all visuals in the same priority).

And claim its irrelevant because you find it irrelevant or call it irrelevant because you play other shit its just a falacy.
    Yeah scroll up a few posts and eureka it is you who started about other games (Ultima Online); not me.

I agree, visuals matter. Some matter more than other. This visual you mention, does not matter, in the sense that the visual itself works great it is just not accurate in the literal sense. Part of the accuracy issue is going to be addressed in WoD.

Assuming Blizzard agrees with you its very likely not a matter of laziness, but of priorities.

So the fact I play WoW means I must care about visual quality of certain effects you also care about? What a load of rubbish. If you're talking about say characters models, yes, I would say they matter. You see orcs and gnomes all the time. This suggestion from you, I don't see how it is important. Personally, all I see is a priest in shadowform an that is me and for the rest I don't even care much about my gear. I don't even see how you can put it in the same context (and yeah, you did that by putting all visuals in the same priority).

Yeah scroll up a few posts and eureka it is you who started about other games (Ultima Online); not me.
    Your claims. Not mine.

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

This for Orbs, but with Shadow Tint.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post

This for Orbs, but with Shadow Tint.
    Anything is better than the actual ones, even nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    You people have have your settings for wow set to potato, the orbs are beautiful, the detail when they spawn from the ground is great.

I made a video when they changed them from foot orbs on the beta 4 years ago to what they are now, and even with my low record detail they look great

If you don't like it, use the raven glyph, leave the default ones alone.
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    You people have have your settings for wow set to potato, the orbs are beautiful, the detail when they spawn from the ground is great.

I made a video when they changed them from foot orbs on the beta 4 years ago to what they are now, and even with my low record detail they look great

If you don't like it, use the raven glyph, leave the default ones alone.
    I run everything on ultra and still ugly. Man that animation is terrible....

On a side note, I would love to see our old Shadow Apparitions (When they were first introduced in Wrath). Having an army of shadows walking towards my enemies; I felt like a total badass! Special quests or unique quests around the priest class in general would be even more rewarding. *eyeballs the warlock's greenfire quest*

ALL Im saying is that we could use some graphical improvement. We fall WAY behind on effects and on creativity compared to the others. MB barely have anything. Just saying is time to revisit the shadow spells visuals, they've done it for almost other class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Personally, I think they're cool. I just wish that they floated around the head instead of around the entire character, so they'd be more like verdant spheres (cca wc3)
    Me too. I wouldn't mind a glyph of burning shadow, where instead of orbs we get more shadowy, a la destruction warlocks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swaylol View Post
    On a side note, I would love to see our old Shadow Apparitions (When they were first introduced in Wrath). Having an army of shadows walking towards my enemies; I felt like a total badass! Special quests or unique quests around the priest class in general would be even more rewarding. *eyeballs the warlock's greenfire quest*
    Yeah it was great, until you suddenly got copied Tarecgosa's Visages from Skymirror running around. Still got a video of Sandstone Drake Shadowy Apparitions walking towards Stormwind target dummies.

Deleted
    I'd love if our shadow orbs would be replaced with a larger shadow for each orb in our shadowform.
    you know, something to indicate we're getting stronger by our shadowform taking up more space, instead of showing orbs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavenyo View Post
    I'd love if our shadow orbs would be replaced with a larger shadow for each orb in our shadowform.
    you know, something to indicate we're getting stronger by our shadowform taking up more space, instead of showing orbs.
    That would be neat
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Moar purple smoke! High Def plz

A permanent purple smoke bomb around us so no one can hit us.