Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gotham TV SERIES - What a joke

Okay, seriously, just stop with this bs. I just saw the trailer for this spinoff series. Its like an over the top soap opera wanna be action series. Clearly another money-laundering series like Agents of SHIELD. The trailer is so effing cheesy it made me wanna gag. I wouldnt be surprised if this show would eventually be cancelled. Sure it will garner a lot of audience in its pilot like Agents of Shield did, but it will slowly die out because lets face it, it was only made because of Chris Nolan's reputation of the trilogy. Im really start to lose faith in Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Okay, seriously, just stop with this bs. I just saw the trailer for this spinoff series. Its like an over the top soap opera wanna be action series. Clearly another money-laundering series like Agents of SHIELD. The trailer is so effing cheesy it made me wanna gag. I wouldnt be surprised if this show would eventually be cancelled. Sure it will garner a lot of audience in its pilot like Agents of Shield did, but it will slowly die out because lets face it, it was only made because of Chris Nolan's reputation of the trilogy. Im really start to lose faith in Hollywood
    Wow someone is bitter. You know other people like different things. Heres some advice for you, if you have an opinion, keep it to yourself.

Deleted
    ...Clearly another money-laundering series...
    Welcome to every TV series ever

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Wow someone is bitter. You know other people like different things. Heres some advice for you, if you have an opinion, keep it to yourself.
    Exactly this. I logged in for the first time in 5 years to comment on this.
    If you actually bothered to watch Marvel Agents of Shield you would know it ties in with the movies. The current story is actually really enjoyable and follows on from Captain America 2.

If you're losing faith in hollywood, stop watching?

Also i dont think you understand what money laundering is.

Everyone is entitled to their opinon, and if you looked at the census of Agents of Shield the pilot had 17 million views and the latest episode had only 8 million views which in the television realm is considered a failure

Everyone is entitled to their opinon, and if you looked at the census of Agents of Shield the pilot had 17 million views and the latest episode had only 8 million views which in the television realm is considered a failure
    No I actually like the show. Again, everyone wanted the show to be like the movies. They aren't. So the people stopped watching. If you don't like the show stop watching simple as that. Otherwise like I said, its your opinion, keep it to yourself, WE DON'T CARE.

Deleted
    Okay, seriously, just stop with this bs.
    Why? Is it your money they spend on making this project? If you dont like the scripts they are using, write your own and send it in, obviously you know better.

Clearly another money-laundering
    Well duh. The filmmakers and crews also need a steady flow of cash to survive the filmmaking jungle. It isnt a glamourous living for the hard workers in that industry.

Ergh, it's set in Bruce Wayne's childhood, so it's in prequel territory. Ie nothing really good can happen because that would mess up the backstory.

Basically it's Smallville for Batman? NTY.

Clearly another money-laundering series like Agents of SHIELD.
    Can only assume you meant money-grubbing. Unless you think DC comics is a front for the mob.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-05-07 at 09:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You guys know what money-laundering means right?
    Aye, I just assumed he meant a fast cash income. Doubt he actually meant criminal laundering.

trust me on this one, this shows will be canceled just like Agents of shield will be eventually because of the loss of audience

Quote Originally Posted by Daftwood View Post
    Aye, I just assumed he meant a fast cash income. Doubt he actually meant criminal laundering.
    and yes thats what i meant

Deleted
    trust me on this one, this shows will be canceled just like Agents of shield will be eventually because of the loss of audience
    And how does this affect you, so that you need an entire thread to discuss it?

Quote Originally Posted by Daftwood View Post
    And how does this affect you, so that you need an entire thread to discuss it?
    it doesnt affect me, it affects the reputation of the batman genre

People watch TV? ew... what a waste of money. I will not pay to have someone else randomly subject me to what they want me to see.... I WILL however chose to subject myself to something I prefer to be subjected to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You guys know what money-laundering means right?
    Yeah, was thinking the same thing. Would be hilarious if people used a TV series titled Gotham to launder money though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

it doesnt affect me, it affects the reputation of the batman genre
    Hey it survived Birds of Prey.

Not to mention Joel Schumacher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

No I actually like the show. Again, everyone wanted the show to be like the movies. They aren't. So the people stopped watching. If you don't like the show stop watching simple as that. Otherwise like I said, its your opinion, keep it to yourself, WE DON'T CARE.
    Apparently you do care why else would you post and disregard his opinions?.

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Apparently you do care why else would you post and disregard his opinions?.
    exactly the point, thank you

But seriously, I care about the batman series just as everyone else does. But i ask you why you think they decided to make this into a tv series. Was it necessary? Is there enough story and budget to make it part of the batman realm or is it just based off the success and reputation of Chris Nolan's batman series? Would this have been made if Chris Nolan never made his trilogy? I just feel like its being made for the wrong reasons. YOu cant blame me for saying that Agents of shield wasnt made for the same reason just the same as it hasnt exactly been sucessful for up to par as it was expected to be compared to the Avengers.
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2014-05-07 at 10:13 AM.

It surprises me just how worked up people get over the most trivial of things.

Change the Channel.

VIOLA! SKY FALLING SEQUENCE DISABLED!
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post

Change the Channel.

VIOLA! SKY FALLING SEQUENCE DISABLED!
    its not about changing the channel because you dont like it, You cant help but know that theyre probably theyre making it into a tv series for the wrong reason. Sure Ill watch the pilot to take the chance, but lets face it, we all know why theyve made it into a tv show. whether we can admit it or not

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post

Not sure if you are just pulling random numbers or facts out of your ass, but 8 Million views is nowhere near a failure.

South Park which is still a commercial Success and has been for years averages between 2-3 Million viewers per an Episode.

8 million would mean it is actually one of the top viewed programs.

Im not puling out of my ass, i actually researched it,

looking at the percentage it has dropped since the first season and seeing its on ABC and not a cable television, if it continues to fall at this rate, it wont be making any profit and will be canceled.
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2014-05-07 at 10:18 AM.

its not about changing the channel because you dont like it, You cant help but know that theyre probably theyre making it into a tv series for the wrong reason. Sure Ill watch the pilot to take the chance, but lets face it, we all know why theyve made it into a tv show. whether we can admit it or not
    Because people like watching T.V. shows about Characters they like, thus it will garner them good ratings?

HOLY SHIT I ADMITTED IT, I DUN GOOFED!

had only 8 million views which in the television realm is considered a failure
    Not sure if you are just pulling random numbers or facts out of your ass, but 8 Million views is nowhere near a failure.

South Park which is still a commercial Success and has been for years averages between 2-3 Million viewers per an Episode.

8 million would mean it is actually one of the top viewed programs.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!