Returning player - need some clarification/tips

So I've finally decided to make longer break from WoW and was thinking of trying GW2 again to fill up my spare time. Last time I played was for around 1-2 months after launch and from there I assume lots of things changed, especially this Megaserver thingy. Since it was so long, and that I never made max level, I plan on deleting all my chars and starting anew.

Now, my question is, does Worlds/servers matter now at all, apart from WvW? Since deleting my Char(r)s will open me for free transfer (I think) I'm wondering if there is any reason to choose between them. Should I just take the ones most active in that regards, to reap extra bonuses, or is there is more to it? Any recommendation?

Info: I'm euro (polish) player and currently located in Underworld. Which seems to be... not even just bad, but complete rock bottom in that area. If I wanted to take more part in fights later on, I don't need to be in 'top top winning team', but I'm certain I don't want to be constantly rolled over, got enough of that as Alliance random bger :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the new megaserver technology, choosing a home world only matters for WvW now. Be aware that there is a tournament going on right now and if you transfer during the tournament you will be locked out of WvW for the rest of the current match and all of the following one. You can still go into the new EotM map which is actually really great for leveling and gaining wxp, karma, achievements and loot.

To get the tournament rewards you need to complete the meta achievement and you will be rewarded according to the world you were most active on during the tournament.
    Valar morghulis