Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes confirmed!

From the official pokemon YouTube account:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywGS...ature=youtu.be

Looks like I will be buying a 3DS after all

Really hoping this means a return of the pokemon contests. That and having a mon follow me around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what they meant by "New World". Hopefully it's Ruby and Sapphire with some of the new areas connected in some way. Ruby and Sapphire were my last Pokemon games before X and Y.

Mega Metagross and Salamence!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, guess I know what i'm going to save up for... A 3/2DS
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

My memory is hazy but I don't remember that gen having much in the way of endgame material. I loved my Ruby back in the day but I just don't feel excited by this. Especially since it's so easy to get all the Pokemon from that generation via trading in X / Y anyways.

I'm not sure what this could really add beyond new Megas.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    My memory is hazy but I don't remember that gen having much in the way of endgame material. I loved my Ruby back in the day but I just don't feel excited by this. Especially since it's so easy to get all the Pokemon from that generation via trading in X / Y anyways.

If they do to these what they did to Heartgold/Soulsilver it will be amazing. They added a LOT in those remakes, and I would consider them probably the two greatest remakes of any video game...ever.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post

They might enhance it like they did in HG & SS. Past the Kanto, 2nd gen didn't have much to do after. The remake changed that IMO.

My only hope is some focus on the side activities that will have more longevity than amie.

Ah, okay. I never played the Gold/Silver remakes. I've been out of the loop for a long while. I think the last thing I played before X/Y was Platinum.

Looking forward to new info.

After the recent monstrosity (X & Y) I might give this a miss. I'll wait for end-game reviews before I buy it.

Would like to see a more developed Pokemon Battle Frontier personally.

The first pokemon game in my life, I didn't bother loading up past the Pokemon League.

Deleted
    Oh my god, been waiting for this for so long

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    After the recent monstrosity (X & Y) I might give this a miss. I'll wait for end-game reviews before I buy it.

Would like to see a more developed Pokemon Battle Frontier personally.

The first pokemon game in my life, I didn't bother loading up past the Pokemon League.
    Umm, X/Y is awesome, maybe pokemon is not your thing.

I agree that X & Y were quite boring after pokemon league. I'm not too sure what was missing compared to the others but I played Black for quite some time longer

Quote Originally Posted by Flexed View Post
    Oh my god, been waiting for this for so long

- - - Updated - - -

Umm, X/Y is awesome, maybe pokemon is not your thing.
    I've been following Pokemon since the first cards came out. I've played and completed every game. X & Y in my opinion were awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theratzil View Post
    I agree that X & Y were quite boring after pokemon league. I'm not too sure what was missing compared to the others but I played Black for quite some time longer
    Black was very good. Spent a good 300+ hours on that.

I also agree that X / Y ground to a halt post league. It was basically "Go get the Mega Stones!"

aaaaand then you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    I've been following Pokemon since the first cards came out. I've played and completed every game. X & Y in my opinion were awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Black was very good. Spent a good 300+ hours on that.
    Funny, I've been playing them since they first came out as well and I X and Y were the most enjoyable games of the series I have played since Red and Blue.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Funny, I've been playing them since they first came out as well and I X and Y were the most enjoyable games of the series I have played since Red and Blue.
    It's almost like people want different things out of the same game.

Amazing.

OT:

Super stoked. Team Aqua/Magma are pretty much the greatest kind of crazy villain. Even better if they keep the deviated storylines between the two games.

Maybe this will mean that we get Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald (though will Emerald really be necessary if they make Rayquaza available in both) instead of X/Y 2 this time. With these being released on 3DS, there will likely be a lot of crossover with XY, and more push the subscription storage box. i just hope that you do not have to use the boxes to trade between the series. That is my only real concern.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    It's almost like people want different things out of the same game.

Amazing.

OT:

Super stoked. Team Aqua/Magma are pretty much the greatest kind of crazy villain. Even better if they keep the deviated storylines between the two games.
    They will likely keep the deviated storylines, I don't see why they wouldn't (I mean...more reason for someone to buy BOTH, right? Sound business plan!)

Now, they gave in to all the Hoenn remake demands AND right now Nintendo just lost nearly half a billion dollars....I think it is time they give in to the demand for a Pokemon MMO. Release it on the WiiU and watch as all their negative sales skyrocket...

After the recent monstrosity (X & Y) I might give this a miss.
    What? lol.

The only real thing about X and Y that was a bummer were that there wasn't much of an endgame.

Deleted
    Sounds nice. As others have said, hope they add more endgame content etc. Hope they keep the training system they introduced in X/Y. Really liked being able to EV train the mons i wanted to 100% keep in my group from the time i got them.