Transmogging LFR items

Hi, don't know if anyone cares about it. But i spend many hours on farming LFRs only because i like the color of the tiers or weapons better, knowing that i won't be able to get those specific items again, when WoD comes.

It's a problem that i think have been discussed when MoP came regarding the Dragon Soul stuffs, for eg i also would be happy if i could farm the Druid DS set of LFR color.

In my opinion it's OK if an item/set/weapon/mount is going to be unavailable due to the hardness of the acquiring in that specific expansion (like the Challange gear/mount being removed or Immortal title), but it's clearly not OK with the LFR items. Rewarding players with the sometimes better-looking items just because they started subbing or made their character earlier, doing LFR which required about 0 skill even the previous expansion.

I think a system should be added that allows characters getting those items after a new expansion comes. There are several thing i can think about like:
    • Being able to convert raid into the LFR format in older raids allowing you to go back with a little raid and farm those items
    • Some kind of new Transmog option, like buying the right to transmog to LFR item if you have a better quality of that specific stuff
    • An LFR vendor, who gives the LFR item at the price of the better equivalent, or the normal/heroic tier token, so basically you're giving up on power to get flavor, but you also have to actually farm that item, like all the Normal and Heroic items too

I know it will be different looking stuff in WoD, but still, after WoD is over you can't get those items (which you may find awesome as it's all subjective), and their acquirement wasn't about heroic fightning with a cutting-edge boss or steadfastness of purpose farming something, but just queuing LFR at the right time.

So anybody feels the same way, or what other ideas could you think of?

Make a JP vendor that sells statless, transmogable gear, IMO. It'd be nice to to have something to use JP on since I already have a full set of PvP and heirloom gear. Hypnotic dust is free gold I guess.

What's a priest gotta do to get the mace off of Siegecrafter/IJ around here? Damn agility weapon. The green goes so perfectly with my gear.

They've said they're adding a way to get into LFR versions of older LFR instances.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    They've said they're adding a way to get into LFR versions of older LFR instances.
    I remember something like this too, but haven't seen any actual word on how it will be implemented. Seemed something like we know this is an issue and we will handle somehow sometime. Like with tabards and now it was told that in the first patch there won't be account-wide tabards.

Quote Originally Posted by wombats23 View Post
    Make a JP vendor that sells statless, transmogable gear, IMO. It'd be nice to to have something to use JP on since I already have a full set of PvP and heirloom gear. Hypnotic dust is free gold I guess.

What's a priest gotta do to get the mace off of Siegecrafter/IJ around here? Damn agility weapon. The green goes so perfectly with my gear.
    Good idea. And yeah it also sucks that you can't roll on not-for-your-class-items. I would bring some 2H for my Felguard :P
    Last edited by Koloss; 2014-05-02 at 12:02 AM.

Well, that escalated quickly!

Watcherguy

Still speculating if they're vendors or queuers.