Page 1 of 2
LastLast

why isnt blizz working on warcraft 4?

Now that they have the engine of heroes of the storm they can easily make war4, all they need is lore. Maybe they think strategy games arent popular anymore and they want to stay competitive by creating a moba?

Deleted
    We don't know if they have been working on it, just nothing announced.

But their RTS team is still working on the last expansion for StarCraft 2, after that who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we need a new Warcraft game. WoW is fine for continuing the universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Now that they have the engine of heroes of the storm they can easily make war4, all they need is lore. Maybe they think strategy games arent popular anymore and they want to stay competitive by creating a moba?
    The engine they use for HotS is the same as the one they use for Starcraft 2, just slightly altered to fit with the genre.

Who knows if they're working on WC4 or not. But I'm pretty sure WoW is far from over for a WC4 to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think we need a new Warcraft game. WoW is fine for continuing the universe.
    But with war4 they can add new characters and lore to the warcraft universe to keep WoW going, they are doing it with books, but nobody reads books, by releasing a new strategy game they can get more fans for their warcraft franchise.

Deleted
    WoW is far more profitable, and WC4 would step on WoW's toes. Not in terms of audience but in terms of story. That said, while we're off an another planet WoD could have been a good place to slot it in. I think we'll either get one after WoW (So not for a looong time) or one that serves to bridge a timegap in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would conflict with WoW, since they're carrying on the Warcraft story inside of it. I think it would be really cool to integrate a single-player Warcraft RTS into the MMO somehow and have them work side by side but I'm not hopeful.

There's no doubt a WC4 would sell well (look at D3/SC2 sales!) but the conflicts. It would not be easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    But with war4 they can add new characters and lore to the warcraft universe to keep WoW going, they are doing it with books, but nobody reads books, by releasing a new strategy game they can get more fans for their warcraft franchise.
    Nobody reads books? Maybe you don't, but plenty of people do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    We don't know if they have been working on it, just nothing announced.

But their RTS team is still working on the last expansion for StarCraft 2, after that who knows.
    Pretty much this, they still have SCII to finish, and they won't replace their current RTS line (SCII) until its finished. We have to remember that SC just replaced WCIII a few years ago, and like any other company Blizz won't realease a competitor to one of its own products until the time comes.

After that... Perhaps not even Blizz knows yet what they are going to do. But i admit that WCIV could be on the list to replace SCII.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more interested in an HD remake of the previous WarCraft games like they did with Age of Empires or whatever. I mean they already have some of the work done there by releasing (or promising to release? I haven't been paying attention to what they've done over in SC2 since Blizzcon) HD models of a lot of the WC3 units for the SC2 editor.

I loved WarCraft 3. I really did. I personally feel that WarCraft 3 is superior to StarCraft 2, but I don't think a WarCraft 4 is necessary and honestly I really don't even want to see it because they'd likely make it more in the style of StarCraft which I dislike. WarCraft 3 basically turned into "Yeah the only reason you're playing this is for the shite moba custom games." and they've got Heroes of the Storm to fill that niche, and they've got StarCraft to cover RTS. If anyone that wasn't cheating was still playing WarCraft 3 ladder, I'd still be playing that as well. WarCraft 4 in the style of StarCraft with more of a focus on fast paced no micro required combat and building 15,000 bases instead of a heavily micro focused game with a decent sprinkle of macro would just break my heart.

they are doing it with books, but nobody reads books
    Well damn I must be doing it wrong, because I read a lot of books. Not the WoW books, granted, but I do quite a bit of reading and so do most of the people that I associate with.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2014-05-07 at 05:21 PM.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

What do you think Garrisons are? OK, so you can't choose where in the zone you build, and there's only two races, but other than that it's practically next gen RTS!

You know that the engine of heroes of the storm is basically exactly the same as the SC2 map editor?

I can't wait for Blizzard to re-release Orcs vs Humans and Tides of Darkness. Well I hoping for War2 also, just not sure if it's actually happening.
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

WC4 would have to be about Argus / Nethrezim / Other lands through dimensional portals and WOW could stick to Azeroth / Outland till about level 130ish when WOW 2 would make us go to Argus

10+ Year Old Account
    If they WERE to release a new RTS based on the Warcraft universe, it wouldn't be based on future/current WoW, but rather on something from the past, like maybe the Aqir vs Trolls, or the old Pandaria with Mogu vs Mantid vs Allied races (Pandaren, Jinyu, Hozen, ect).

Also remember that the SC2 team lost ppl for HotS, so their RTS's will be coming out slower now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    For RTS, Blizzard is focussing on StarCraft2. Since WorldOfWarcraft is continuing lore, I doubt they'd create a Warcraft 4. How would they handle story?
    I suppose they could just have the core game with no story and have it a more of an Arcade Game experience.

Deleted
    Why do people think we need another warcraft game to continue the story of WoW? o.o

Pretty much what most of the comments here said. Story wise it cant be done untill wow is turned off :P . And i think they actually talked about this in a blizzcon or so, that they dont have plans to do a warcraft 4 while wow is still here

10+ Year Old Account
    Story has nothing to do with it.

They can only afford so much competition from themselves. They could release it in tandem with WoW. But if they released it during WoW and SC2 LotV, it would be too much of a distraction from their own franchises at that point. They know how much double-dipping they can get away with.

They should task the people formerly working on Titan on WC4 after Warlords bleeds the next generation of subs.
    Last edited by Callace; 2014-05-07 at 05:36 PM. Reason: typo