Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The devastating realization that I am old and fat.

At my place of work yesterday, I had a traumatic experience. My coworker/friend "beandipped" me.

Apparently this is the act in which you put your fingers in a position as if you were holding a chip,and then flick the underside of someone's tit up as if you were dipping said imaginary chip in beandip. You then proclaim, "beandip!"

I was appalled by how much "beandip" there was. The unexpected gravity of my tit falling back into place afterward was jarring to say the least.

I am a bit past middle-aged (around 50), but have always been a youthful and fairly healthy manchild all of my life. This experience however made me realize I now have mantits and I don't know what to do from here. Do I go through a mid-life crisis and fight it, or do I gracefully accept my mantits and embrace the lazy decadence of old age?

What age, if any, do you think it is appropriate to stop worrying about your appearance?

10+ Year Old Account

No moobs

Full head of hair

/flex

Deleted
    You can't do anything about getting older but there is no upper age limit to getting fit, start today. Check out this guy for great advice on general fitness, this guy is also older than you are OP.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/

Who said old age has to be lazy?
    Accept the impact of aging that you can't change, but be careful not to include things you can. And if you aren't happy with something that you can change, then make a change.

Woah woah woah. This is a lawsuit we have here. Call up a lawyer. There's no sexual harrassment at the workplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Work out and drink orphan blood.
    If I drink enough orphan blood can I forgo actual physical exertion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    If I drink enough orphan blood can I forgo actual physical exertion?
    You can exercise a lot or diet, a combination of the two is preferable.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only you were as young as you seem on these forums...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    If only you were as young as you seem on these forums...
    My fight against maturity has spanned decades, I will die a manchild if I can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't be worried about your appearance: you should be worried about your health. Bad looks won't kill you.

diddle, I do believe you have become my new favourite person on this forum lol
    Fanboy (Fanboi): A Term used when someone disagrees with you on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate your counterpoint back so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming you into silence and thus them winning through dominance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    At my place of work yesterday
    The only thing you are working on is diabetes. lololololol.

Meah when I hit 50 I am giving up on eating healthy, anything over 60 just does not really appeal to me, I plan to enjoy my life to the fullest and exorcise and healthy eating just are not fun or enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    The only thing you are working on is diabetes. lololololol.
    The project is indeed ahead of schedule.

Deleted
    As a person in his early 20'ies at the top of his physique and handsomeness, I do not believe that I will become old and fat, I will stay like this for the rest of my life, untill I die in some sort of extreme-sports accident.

I do feel sorry for you, my condolences.

Also, don't be ashamed for how you look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    As a person in his early 20'ies at the top of his physique and handsomeness, I do not believe that I will become old and fat, I will stay like this for the rest of my life, untill I die in some sort of extreme-sports accident.

I do feel sorry for you, my condolences.

Also, don't be ashamed for how you look.
    he should feel ashamed about how he looks, IF his looks are genuinely disturbing himself. No better way to kick off old habits than to kick yourself in the ass knowing you need something to change. Just be sure you are changing for the right reasons (healthier lifestyle..etc.)

It took myself 23 years to notice that i was living an unhealthy lifestyle. i was fat. overweight (despite me being 6 feet 9 inches tall) and was not happy with myself.

i had plenty of people tell me "you look great, you don't look fat...etc. while in reality, i knew that i was fat, i had no control over what i ate, how much i ate..etc. and i became depressed over it.

I finally hit a tipping point and i was like "i need to change in order to live a healthier lifestyle" and i did. i bought myself a food scale, starting counting calories, and i started working out.

lost 40 pounds so far and still going for 30 more. It's definitely hard but i had to take a long look at myself and i knew i had to change.

Best of luck to you OP, you are the only person that can change the things in your life, Age has no factor in you working out and losing weight!
    Last edited by Darkrulerxxx; 2014-05-07 at 06:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Somehow this sounds to me that you won't live very long and you even yourself kind of know it. o_O
    If you parachute without a parachute during the next two years:
    - you will not become old
    - you will not become fat
    - you will stay the way you are now for the rest of your life
    - you will die in some sort of extreme-sports accident
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Everyone ages at different speeds. But that doesn't mean you can't stay in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Meah when I hit 50 I am giving up on eating healthy, anything over 60 just does not really appeal to me, I plan to enjoy my life to the fullest and exorcise and healthy eating just are not fun or enjoyable.
    You say that now, but when you get older you quickly realize that it is very beneficial. I know many people who are over 60 and are in such bad shape that they can't do much of anything. But then I also know people over 60 who keep care of themselves and are out and about and able to enjoy a lot of stuff because they're healthy and fit.

I'm not saying some one who isn't, can't, but more often than not people who don't care tend to pay the price when they age. It can affect how they live or want to live.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2014-05-07 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to exercise to spend time in the gym to be healthy, just stop eating chocolate/ fizzy drinks and your fat will melt away in months >.<

What age, if any, do you think it is appropriate to stop worrying about your appearance?
    People really shouldn't care at any age I've seen both male and female friends suffer from anorexia and bulimia because they didn't look how they were 'supposed' to >.<

Deleted
    If it takes you someone to fiddle with your body to realize you've got weight issues you more likely need glasses too.