Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    If it takes you someone to fiddle with your body to realize you've got weight issues you more likely need glasses too.
    You could say I was diddled.

/rimshot

I'd say at around 50 you've usually been doing the same things for 50 years, so if you are fat, it may have been a long time coming. That said, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that if you never realized you were fat, you really might not be that overweight. How big are we talking here?

On the topic of getting fit, you can always start slow. Think of a place you like, and start going on twenty minute walks there. It doesn't have to be some remote wilderness trail or a park, it can be anywhere from downtown to your basement. As long as you're moving. Every bit of food you eat without exercising is just being converted into energy that you're not burning. What happens to that energy? It gets stored away for later. You have to start burning those stores.

I've been a type one diabetic for ten years, and I never really cared about fitness that much until recently. It really is amazing how much of a difference being health conscious makes. Just by exercising and actually thinking about what I ate in a day, my control improved dramatically, and I went from "This could lead to some real problems in the future.", to "You should lead a long and happy life".

10+ Year Old Account
    You should never give up on being healthy and fit. Unless you just don't give a rat's ass about dying at an early age and/or living a some what miserable life. There are plenty of men and women who are past the age of 80 who are still fit and working/running on a daily basis. It's never to late to stop.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

As much as I'd like to start eating healthy and working out for the sake of my family, the temptation to just go out in a drug/food fueled blaze of hedonistic glory is hard to resist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    My fight against maturity has spanned decades, I will die a manchild if I can help it.
    Right there with ya...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I plan to enjoy my life to the fullest and exorcise
    Taking up the priesthood?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    As much as I'd like to start eating healthy and working out for the sake of my family, the temptation to just go out in a drug/food fueled blaze of hedonistic glory is hard to resist.
    Pick the right drug, and the weight thing will sort itself out. Probably more-so than you'd like, but hey, sacrifices.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Pick the right drug, and the weight thing will sort itself out. Probably more-so than you'd like, but hey, sacrifices.
    Doing the research seems I just need a good coke dealer and the weight will melt right off

If I drink enough orphan blood can I forgo actual physical exertion?
    The point is you get plenty of exercise trying to catch them in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

It's never to late to step up and do something.

My grandad is 67 and every day he walks to his allotment to do his gardening and it's roughly 4 miles there and back. Just go for a walk every morning and every evening, it doesn't matter how far just go as far as you can then turn back and the next day try to go a little bit further, in time you'll find yourself losing some weight. But ultimately life is what you make of it no matter how you turn out, ask yourself.

Do I care? > No > Whatever, carry on with your life.
    Do I care? > Yes > Talk walks every day and in time you'll see results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did she flick the moobs on your head or the eyes on your chest?

I've had man boobs since high school and it sucks. I'm 29 now and have been going to the gym for a few months and it's helped. I still have moobs but I could care less.

My father is 51 years old and has a very healthy fisique . He did sports and worked hard in his youth. He has no extra fat as i can see. Manboobs are just your fault, i am afraid, not just age.

Get pec implants and get on diet pills. Fund it by suing for sexual harassment.

- - - Updated - - -

Doing the research seems I just need a good coke dealer and the weight will melt right off
    Meth, not coke. In the current climate, your safer and cheaper with meth then you are coke. Just FYI. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Did she flick the moobs on your head or the eyes on your chest?

I've had man boobs since high school and it sucks. I'm 29 now and have been going to the gym for a few months and it's helped. I still have moobs but I could care less.
    There is a condition due to lack of Testostrone in the age range you are talking about that can cause that fyi.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2014-05-08 at 04:40 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

My fight against maturity has spanned decades, I will die a manchild if I can help it.
    Your not alone in this struggle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diet and workout. It's not the most enjoyable thing to do initially but it's well worth the time and effort.

I just started back on it recently and it's going well. You have to have a lot of self control but it's worth it.

I got fat and lazy after I got out of the Marine Corps. Time to change that shit up.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Meah when I hit 50 I am giving up on eating healthy, anything over 60 just does not really appeal to me, I plan to enjoy my life to the fullest and exorcise and healthy eating just are not fun or enjoyable.
    Begone thy evil manboobies! In the name of the father, the son, and the holy low carb diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Talking to people on eg, this forum makes me feel old sometimes.

And I should really join a gym. But I could be playing WoW with that time instead...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Talking to people on eg, this forum makes me feel old sometimes.

And I should really join a gym. But I could be playing WoW with that time instead...
    I'm anxiously waiting for August. Moving from this middle of nowhere town in the countryside to a semilarge city. Finally some civilized services, like movie theater and A GYM!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

O_o beandip is a thing?

easy to fight being too fat anyway, the real question is whether you care bout it or not.

Deleted
    Your coworkers are weird.

Really though, being old is no big deal. How healthy you are far more important. You see people who are like pretty old, but they've stayed in shape and been healthy and stuff and are far more mobile, active, etc etc, and even attractive in some cases than someone much younger who doesn't really bother. Don't focus on weight too much, it's a symptom, not a cause. If you stay active, and eat healthily and stuff weight will disappear no problem.

Take it step by step though as people have said. It's really difficult to go from being a slob to eating nothing but salad and running 20 miles a day or something. But like, maybe fix your eating a week at a time. Like, on your first week, change one meal into something healthier. On your second week change another meal into something healthier. On the third week, maybe change what you drink to healthy stuff. On the fourth week, cut out snacks, on the fifth week change your third meal (if you eat 3 meals? do people still do this?) to something healthy.

Then do the same for exercise. Maybe evne do them at the same time if you are in a hurry. Like on your first week, maybe go for a walk / run twice a week for 30 minutes. On your second week increase it to every other day. On the third week increase the time to 45 minutes. On the 4th week try doing it every day but one, or something. I don't reallly know exercise routines but I'm sure you can find some good ones on the internets.

Make a calendar too. Put it on your fridge, design the calendar yourself on paper or something, make it pretty. Put when you are going to do what on there so you know what date you should be upping your eating / exercise regime.

Also, I found making a punishment for yourself that you can't get out of a good way to keep me in line. Last year I went on a healthy eating thing with my ex and we did basically this. As a punishment for failure, if either of us broke the rules, they would have to jump in this manky gross canal just down the road from my house, and the other one had to force them to do it. In the end we failed because it was easter and we forgot and ate tons of chocolate, so both had to jump in in our pyjamas. It was awful. But like, if you don't have a canal, do you live with anyone? Write a letter to your boss, saying you are quitting your job because you have to go into rehab for a heroin addiction. Put it in an envelope and give it to someone who lives with you. Ask them to put it in the post if you don't keep up with your regime.