Disgusting Oozeling and raiding

I know it will sound retarded to a lot of people, but someone in my raid said that the aura from this pet is extremally bad for PVE, since it gives me less resistance.
    I know we dont have the status resistance in the game anymore, so my question is: anyone knows if i can use this pet safelly and be green and happy while raiding? Or i shouldnt use it, because it can make me less resistant?

Oozeling's Disgusting Aura
    100 yd range
    Reduces master's resistances by 20.

Thanks for any kind of help here =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Resistances aren't really a thing anymore. It used to lower defense, which was a bit worse. Go be happy and green, if loosing 20 resistance has a detrimental effect to your raid, you have other problems :3
    ShadowJester: the picture is definitely not fel magic, I mean look at that happy little face in that crystal. I'm not 100% on this, but I think they were fooled into thinking it was Bob Ross magic, just some happy little absorbing of some happy little magic

10+ Year Old Account
    Resistances have been pretty much removed. It was important up to WotLK, but there are no more resistances. Even the available +resist stuff does nothing in a raiding enviroment. So yea, you can use the Disgusting Oozeling as much as you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Resistances are still a thing. They're just an invisible mechanic now, like weapon skill, defense rating, and others. (source; I'm pretty sure this is still relevant, but correct me if I'm wrong)

+res gear still works for sure. They had to nerf the Mirror of Broken Images in MoP because it was still really, really good for early progression on high spell damage fights (such as Stone Guards, Elegon, and Will of the Emperor). We can infer from this that -res still works and that the Oozeling will have some effect on spell damage taken. Since it's only -20, it's probably not a big deal, but it's still something.

Unless there's real, concrete evidence that -20res has absolutely no effect on damage taken, I wouldn't use the pet.

Afaik Mirror really didn't have much use even in T14 heroics. It even had very little use in Dragon Soul (Yorsahj heroic only?). The effect simply wasn't enough to compare to other trinkets that were available.

Quote Originally Posted by Equalizer View Post
    Afaik Mirror really didn't have much use even in T14 heroics. It even had very little use in Dragon Soul (Yorsahj heroic only?). The effect simply wasn't enough to compare to other trinkets that were available.
    Mirror had a lot of use through the entire expansion. It was the one trinket every tank kept for certain fights in every tier.

I would put it this simple - if you guys are trying to get a good realm kill (top ten-twenty), I'd say drop that trinket. Otherwise, if you are semi-casual/somewhathardcore, I realy dont see how -20 res can mess up a raid for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I would put it this simple - if you guys are trying to get a good realm kill (top ten-twenty), I'd say drop that trinket. Otherwise, if you are semi-casual/somewhathardcore, I realy dont see how -20 res can mess up a raid for you.
    It's a pet, not a trinket. If your raid leader is saying it's holding you back during an encounter, he has other problems to deal with.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    It's a pet, not a trinket. If your raid leader is saying it's holding you back during an encounter, he has other problems to deal with.
    Ups sorry, I ment pet, was kinda late so my brain mixed it up with the trinket someone linked..

But yeah, in the end its probably vise to listen to your raid leader (Sucks to be benched because you want to be green).
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Equalizer View Post
    Lei shi heroic was made completly laughable due to a 1 minute -40% magic dmg reduc CD (basicly, DP for everyone!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not going to have much of an effect at all while raiding - but at the same time, would it be so difficult just to put it away while you raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Resistances have been pretty much removed. It was important up to WotLK, but there are no more resistances. Even the available +resist stuff does nothing in a raiding enviroment. So yea, you can use the Disgusting Oozeling as much as you want.
    This is not true at all. I used full frost resist gear on Lei Shi.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Resistances are still a thing. They're just an invisible mechanic now, like weapon skill, defense rating, and others. (source; I'm pretty sure this is still relevant, but correct me if I'm wrong)

+res gear still works for sure. They had to nerf the Mirror of Broken Images in MoP because it was still really, really good for early progression on high spell damage fights (such as Stone Guards, Elegon, and Will of the Emperor). We can infer from this that -res still works and that the Oozeling will have some effect on spell damage taken. Since it's only -20, it's probably not a big deal, but it's still something.

Unless there's real, concrete evidence that -20res has absolutely no effect on damage taken, I wouldn't use the pet.
    This, resistances for a fact work at lvl 60, I've tested them, I wouldn't be surprised if they still worked at max level. There's not much of a reason to find out right now, but I wouldn't be surprised at some point if there's a boss down the road that has mechanics that can be cheesed through resist gear. Not all of the gear works, I suspect that green gear with resists does nothing, but epic resist gear definitely still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    If your raid leader is saying it's holding you back during an encounter, he has other problems to deal with.
    Yeah, OP you should probably not worry about getting a food buff either. I mean, if not having food buff is holding you back, you have other problems to deal with.

It can make the difference, but in 99% of scenarios it won't.
    Stay salty my friends.

So much wrong here it hurts. Blizzard removed negative resistances a long time ago. Having the pet out will reduce your resist all of 0 to 0 aka no effect. It's pure flavor and you should feel free to use it when and wherever you want.