Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    And they are also useable on the ground, I fail to see what the issue is.
    They'll all look quite derpity unless blizz goes back and adjusts the running animation to be the primarily used form.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    They'll all look quite derpity unless blizz goes back and adjusts the running animation to be the primarily used form.
    Except that the holiday mounts all have the same animations on ground as in the air.

Does this mean they will also trash the engineering mounts? Helicopters are built for flight. The carpets? Note they are called "Flying carpets", what about all later bosses incl HH mount? Hey would anyone like to grind for two weeks to get their hands on a cute little green horsie?

- - - Updated - - -

And they are also useable on the ground, I fail to see what the issue is.
    So is a 747 if you chop the wings off. Would you want one?

- - - Updated - - -

And they are also useable on the ground,
    They are FLYING mounts, built for, designed for and intended to FLY.

Derp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    still be able to use them. Just not in WOD content.
    This. How hard can it be to figure this out? They won't be removed or anything, because older content (TBC/Wrath/Cata) still requires flying mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Then use a less derpy ground mount.

Anyway, what's the problem with people here? Too big, proud and arrogant to ride a horse/wolf again?
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2014-05-08 at 03:44 AM.

Aehl, stop being a spaz. No mounts are going away. All obtainable mounts will still be obtainable in WoD. Except for the Kor'Kron wolf off Garrosh.

This has been a 'key feature' of 6.0 since it was announced at Blizzcon. Coming in and freaking out isn't changing anything. If you want to do that I'm sure the other 560000000 threads about WoD flying are ripe for your comments.

This. How hard can it be to figure this out?
    Would you go running back to BC content? How many people will be in Outland, or Northrend? Few. They will all be in the corrent content. And thats where this issue occurs. Being able to fly all the way up to current content then boom you are permanently grounded.

Er..no thanks. They are flight mounts and I want to use them for flight in ALL content, past AND present.

- - - Updated - - -

Aehl, stop being a spaz. No mounts are going away. All obtainable mounts will still be obtainable in WoD. Except for the Kor'Kron wolf off Garrosh.
    This has been a 'key feature' of 6.0 since it was announced at Blizzcon.
    Blizzcon said flight at 6,1 , then they changed their minds. If the mounts are not going away,.,.who will want them? Will you spend weeks or months grinding for the Ashes for it to sit on the ground? If the mounts remain then they should do what they were intended to do.

Fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    I wonder if my Ashes of Al'ar will gain legs.
    The argent hippogryph, at least when it came out, didnt have a run animation so it would just hover across the ground. pretty stupid honestly.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

They will be spawned one by one and shot in the head, then chopped up and canned and used to feed orphans in Orgrimmar and Stormwind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Unless I missed it they didn't say no flight past 6.0. They HAVE said they would look at the feedback before 6.1 hit and make a decision then. Again pointless conjecture and spazing abound.

Spraxle:" they still have a flight mount in th store modelled for WOD and the mount involved in the CE is a flight mount also for WOD..where there will be no flight.

You dont see a disconnect here?

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    This. How hard can it be to figure this out? They won't be removed or anything, because older content (TBC/Wrath/Cata) still requires flying mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Then use a less derpy ground mount.

Anyway, what's the problem with people here? Too big, proud and arrogant to ride a horse/wolf again?
    I personally use the grand armored wyvern as it looks good running as much as flying Still, don't you think it's rather shitty for blizzard to have made so many blizz store flying mounts just to turn around and say players won't be able to use them in WoD?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Would you go running back to BC content? How many people will be in Outland, or Northrend? Few. They will all be in the corrent content. And thats where this issue occurs. Being able to fly all the way up to current content then boom you are permanently grounded.

Er..no thanks. They are flight mounts and I want to use them for flight in ALL content, past AND present.
    "I want, I want..."

We have had no-fly stuff in previous content before. Quel'danas, Dalaran (before it got changed), Wintergrasp, Tol Barad, Isle of Thunder, Timeless Isle. None have been a problem.

Just suck up your arrogance and use that god damn ground mount.

Unless I missed it they didn't say no flight past 6.0. They HAVE said they would look at the feedback before 6.1 hit and make a decision then. Again pointless conjecture and spazing abound.
    Then reread Bashiok's posts. They have gone back on 6.1 (Blizzcon) and now said "wait and see" which is a non answer. The topic here is will these mounts remain. Yes. Will they be of any use to anyone ,or will anyone want them if all they are useful for is to join the other hundred or so ground mounts people already have?

Why would I or anyone else grind for HH when it cant fly and when I already have all the horsies, yaks, turtles etc I can get and have already?

Deleted
    I personally use the grand armored wyvern as it looks good running as much as flying Still, don't you think it's rather shitty for blizzard to have made so many blizz store flying mounts just to turn around and say players won't be able to use them in WoD?
    I call that sweet irony. People who spend cash on extra vanity mounts deserve a little slap in the face.

We have had no-fly stuff in previous content before. Quel'danas
    Been to IQD recently? No. No one else has either.

Dalaran (before it got changed), Wintergrasp
    Dead pvp zone.

Tol Barad
    Dead zone.

Isle of Thunder
    Dead zone.

Timeless Isle
    Take away the loot pinata and you have a dead no flight zone.

None have been a problem.Just suck up your arrogance and use that god damn ground mount.
    I bought and worked for mounts in order to fly. Thats why I have them. Flight. I didnt spend close to two months grinding for the Netherdrakes for them to waddle on the ground.
    Last edited by Aehl; 2014-05-08 at 03:57 AM.

They've already said they're going to enable flying mounts in no fly zones..they just won't be able to fly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Been to IQD recently? No. No one else has either.

Dead pvp zone.

Dead zone.

Dead zone.

Take away the loot pinata and you have a dead no flight zone.

I bought and worked for mounts in order to fly. Thats why I have them. Flight. I didnt spend close to two months grinding for the Netherdrakes for them to waddle on the ground.
    Oh don't be so dramatic. I'm pro flying too but I'm fine with Draenor not having it for a little while. Permanently however... different story.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

How many threads does this need....

Good thing about Invincible... It looks good as a ground mount and as a flying mount.

I am excited about my druid being able to run at mount-speeds with a glyph though, I had forgotten about that until it was mentioned again here.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Should people that bought flying mounts on the blizz store get refunds, and perhaps everyone get some free gametime for time wasted grinding for certain flying mounts? I personally was against flying when it was introduced in bc, but it seems a bit late to pull the rug out from under us.
    Last edited by diddle; 2014-05-11 at 10:23 AM.