Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Is it worth it? Up to you. I would see if you can still test them out on the PTS or watch some videos of them in action. Only you can decide if it is worth it to you. I have the SL souls since I bought SL. That would be a great way for you to get them as well. If you can still find a box somewhere, it's about $20 I think. Some Wal-marts and Game Stops still have some, but it is no longer being made so quantities are limited and it is getting harder and harder to find. I did find a Game Stop in my area recently that had it in stock. I would gladly check to see if they still have it and if you want to PM me and send some cash to PayPal I'd be happy to pick it up for you.

If that option is not available to you, I would hold out a bit anyway, recently I suggested on the forums a bundle that had both, as well as a bundle with 2.7 and some Vials once 3.0 hits. Ocho stopped in the thread and said he would pass that suggestion along. So I would wait either until you are sure you are going to use them and see if any additional deals have popped up.
    Hmm...do you know if the physical copy of Storm Legion has any perks besides the souls? If so, I might need to check the price, I think I remember seeing one at our local Best Buy recently.

Not really sure I can afford it though, especially if it's only the souls, I'd just grind out some platinum and buy REX with it to get the souls if that was the case. Both souls are sounding really good now.

I'll keep an eye on the store to see if your suggestion gets put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Hmm...do you know if the physical copy of Storm Legion has any perks besides the souls? If so, I might need to check the price, I think I remember seeing one at our local Best Buy recently.

Not really sure I can afford it though, especially if it's only the souls, I'd just grind out some platinum and buy REX with it to get the souls if that was the case. Both souls are sounding really good now.

I'll keep an eye on the store to see if your suggestion gets put in.
    It is most definitely worth it. Along with souls you get more character slots per server and bag slots unlocked account wide. As F2P each bag slot must be unlocked separately for each character. I know I also got credits at the conversion, do not remember if that was for the box purchase or for months subbed afterwards. Someone else may have the answer. Either way, the bag slots alone make it worth it IMO.

Woot new souls!

next update needs spell animations and visuals for everything. Because seriously, there isn't any.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    next update needs spell animations and visuals for everything. Because seriously, there isn't any.
    As long as there are mechanics and red stuff to get out of I can get over me looking epic while I cast 1 spell out of 20 people in a raid.

I'll second this. Of the spell/skill effects that exist, some of them could really use improvement, but there's far too few of them altogether IMO. Besides, it's another great avenue for microtransactions :P Also, I would dearly like it if they did another animation pass on the Harbinger skills...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gonterf View Post
    I'll second this. Of the spell/skill effects that exist, some of them could really use improvement, but there's far too few of them altogether IMO. Besides, it's another great avenue for microtransactions :P Also, I would dearly like it if they did another animation pass on the Harbinger skills...
    I'd love this, trying out the new liberator soul i barely saw any spell animations at all. Physician on the other hand has some fantastic ones

The performance would be crippling. I don't know if you are aware of what it is like being in a 20 raid but literally mobs look like glowing christmas trees. I have no idea what any boss in Rift looks like because all I ever see are spell effects and UI widgets.

I really don't think this suggestion is in the cards for Rift in any grand way. The way Rift performs and looks is very likely going to stay relatively the same till the end of product life.

Sorta need to not care about the visual effect and concentrate on the statistical operation of Rift. Which are the main game mechanics and also possible. Like I just don't think 20 man raids or 40-60 person open world events are going to handle properly otherwise.

Heck, even in 5s the framerate can be tanked depending on who is doing what (mages are insufferable).

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The performance would be crippling. I don't know if you are aware of what it is like being in a 20 raid but literally mobs look like glowing christmas trees. I have no idea what any boss in Rift looks like because all I ever see are spell effects and UI widgets.

I really don't think this suggestion is in the cards for Rift in any grand way. The way Rift performs and looks is very likely going to stay relatively the same till the end of product life.

Sorta need to not care about the visual effect and concentrate on the statistical operation of Rift. Which are the main game mechanics and also possible. Like I just don't think 20 man raids or 40-60 person open world events are going to handle properly otherwise.

Heck, even in 5s the framerate can be tanked depending on who is doing what (mages are insufferable).
    An option to turn down player spell effects would be in order then. However that would classify as optimizing the game at the same time and yea that is not going to happen anytime soon.

Well, yea. Not going to happen.

It's sorta irrelevant too. At least in terms of mechanics. Rift isn't an action game, so it's not like players need to see/visualize attacks to avoid them and what not. As someone said, as long as you have indication circles/lines it really doesn't matter.

We could play Rift with all graphics turned to blocks and stick figures and it would still function perfectly from a mechanical standpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you guys tried Settings > Interface > Combat > Hide other players hit FX option?

I know you would think an option like that would be in graphics settings but... yeh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Have you guys tried Settings > Interface > Combat > Hide other players hit FX option?
    I've used that setting for years, iirc. It's not a big difference for me. Though I do not have as much trouble running Rift as others seem to have. Rift runs fine for me though relatively worse than higher fidelity games.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-05-11 at 08:28 PM.

We could play Rift with all graphics turned to blocks and stick figures and it would still function perfectly from a mechanical standpoint.
    True, but you have to agree visuals and animations have a part in how souls or specs in general in games feel/play out for people. I'm sure if warrior souls didn't all look the same (for the most part) you would be slightly happier since they wouldn't be so assimilated.

True, but you have to agree visuals and animations have a part in how souls or specs in general in games feel/play out for people.
    I don't, because it's not true. There are RPGs and statistical progression models that have classes but no actual graphics.

I'm sure if warrior souls didn't all look the same (for the most part) you would be slightly happier since they wouldn't be so assimilated.
    I am disappointed that Warrior souls operate similarly.

In truth, I am not even sure what the spell animations for Warriors look like. I never look at my character- I am usually looking at meters, UI, real time damage and threat & health percentages against my phone's stopwatch. Sometimes I forget what my character race is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to change the subject, but I guess I had really bad timing coming back into the game. I started my 50-60 grind at the start of last weekend, didn't have enough platinum left over from two years ago to buy any REX, and now by the time I've gotten enough to buy some, the price has jumped from 900 plat to 1250 plat per REX because of the new souls.

I'm guessing this type of thing happens any time there is a major event like this? Does anyone have a guess at how long it might take for the price to go back down?

I'm guessing this type of thing happens any time there is a major event like this?
    It happens whenever a big cash shop item goes on sale- awesome mounts, costumes, souls, etc.

Usually takes a few weeks to balance out. Max level players make tons of plat almost accidentally. There are like no gold sinks of significance in Rift other than housing and maybe crafting/socketing.

Most people I know playing the game spend their plat on trinkets, mounts and cash shop items. You just have nothing else to spend plat on really.

It'll bounce back in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Not to change the subject, but I guess I had really bad timing coming back into the game. I started my 50-60 grind at the start of last weekend, didn't have enough platinum left over from two years ago to buy any REX, and now by the time I've gotten enough to buy some, the price has jumped from 900 plat to 1250 plat per REX because of the new souls.

I'm guessing this type of thing happens any time there is a major event like this? Does anyone have a guess at how long it might take for the price to go back down?
    First time I have noticed any significant raise in price. Also, depending on what you want, ask in chat for a gifter. This is often cheaper plat wise than if you bought rex anyway. I recently bought the new souls for 3k plat, would have taken 4 REX, so even on a day they were selling at 900p would have been 800p more. Only drawback is you get no loyalty.

However, yes, in any player given economy in any game, ever, anywhere, prices will fluctuate.