Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mage DPS for ilevel

Hello fellow magi!

I've recently returned to the game after a year+ hiatus to roll a frost mage main.

I'm just getting back into raiding and wondering what my dps should be like for 537 ilevel (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Aprisol/simple).

I stepped into normal last night with a basic food buff + flask (no pots) and was averaging around 130k dps for most of the first 6 bosses.

Noxxic is telling me that for 536, theoretical damage should be ~270k dps....which I find hard to believe.

I'm following rotation guides I've found on icy veins...is there something I'm missing?

Anywho, thanks for you help in advance.

i think that 270k would include having meta and cloak, which you dont. I would would just pound away until you can get mostly flex/normal gear before you worry about max dps and work on those legendaries!

Noxxic is shit, I wouldn't trust it for enchant suggestions let alone simulated DPS. Even the best damage simulators are inaccurate. It is impossible to simulate damage in a typical raid scenario, theoretical damage assumes you're standing still for the entire duration attacking a target dummy with zero mechanics involved. 130K for 537 is fine, it'll go up once you get used to the rotation. Some fights it will be higher, some it will be lower.

Reforge out of hit, you're 1.5% above where you want to be.

Deleted
    Akraens Guide for reforging etc etc are the best we have at the moment/ Icy Veins has a very good guide just it doesn't really tell you to snapshot. Snapshotting your mage bomb is probably one of the most important factors affecting your dps.
    There is a guide on snapshotting on the icyveins forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    At 536 at MOST with Cloak and gem I would expect 170k. Without, 140-155k. You are more than fine, Noxxic is crap, don't trust it, and Akraen does indeed have a great Frost guide.

what about a 550 item level? with meta and cloak

Quote Originally Posted by Berlinia View Post
    Akraens Guide for reforging etc etc are the best we have at the moment/ Icy Veins has a very good guide just it doesn't really tell you to snapshot. Snapshotting your mage bomb is probably one of the most important factors affecting your dps.
    There is a guide on snapshotting on the icyveins forums.
    I've been using the default askmrrobot frost mage template for reforging.

I'll take a look at this other guide all of you have pointed me towards. Thanks for your help everyone =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    what about a 550 item level? with meta and cloak
    200-230k.

560ilevel 260-290k

570ilevel 300k+

Quote Originally Posted by Nebs View Post
    Noxxic is shit, I wouldn't trust it for enchant suggestions let alone simulated DPS.
    Just came in here to agree with this. Never ever trust Noxxic for ANYTHING.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    The only thing that I have seen being correct in Noxxic is that Engineering is the best proffesion xD
    Juuuust that

10+ Year Old Account
    Never trust Noxxic, always trust Akraen. Yessssssss /strokes cat.

After you read my guide, just let me know (post there, not here, mods will likely close this thread) if you have any questions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Never trust Noxxic, always trust Akraen. Yessssssss /strokes cat.

After you read my guide, just let me know (post there, not here, mods will likely close this thread) if you have any questions.
    Please make a foto of yourself sitting and I am gonna place a white cat on your lap and a huge kings chair behind you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berlinia View Post
    Please make a foto of yourself sitting and I am gonna place a white cat on your lap and a huge kings chair behind you!
    I actually already own the following:

1 cat
    1 medieval tapestry on my wall
    17 swords from varying historical periods
    1 very large chair
    1 2-floor 360-degree stonework chimney
    1 monocle
    1 evil genius sportcoat (that's what I call it, it's a light gray and I'm generally too ashamed to wear it because I look like an evil genius with it on)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I actually already own the following:

1 cat
    1 medieval tapestry on my wall
    17 swords from varying historical periods
    1 very large chair
    1 2-floor 360-degree stonework chimney
    1 monocle
    1 evil genius sportcoat (that's what I call it, it's a light gray and I'm generally too ashamed to wear it because I look like an evil genius with it on)
    That could make for one amazing picture!!!!

Deleted
    Depends on the trinkets much more than lege cloak and meta gem really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebinnaattori View Post
    Depends on the trinkets much more than lege cloak and meta gem really.
    Uh... wanna substantiate that?

This thread made my head explode THANKS A LOT
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Akraen is new Dr. Phil: Have you read my book? Have you seen my tape?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    Akraen is new Dr. Phil: Have you read my book? Have you seen my tape?
    Essentially. I've been in "let's train others how to read" mode for months now. My guide has really held up, and answered every question people keep making new threads to ask. Maybe they don't refer to it because of, y'know, it not being stickied. So glad that WoD Alpha discussion thread is stickied, it's very helpful to people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    200-230k.

560ilevel 260-290k

570ilevel 300k+
    If you know your stuff, you can do more, I have a 553 fire mage (no meta or cloak) and i do 270-280k single target sustained, 510k burst.