Started playing again...

I played beta and then about 2 months of launch and burnt out, got two characters to 41 on Belsavis (Sniper and Marauder) and just gave up.

Any way... been watching Clone Wars and decided to try again! My biggest problem (apart from everything now seems to have this looming shadow of credits) is how slow combat feels. That 1.5 second GCD really makes a difference. I also suck, I just get dropped by packs of mobs unless I concentrate on my Marauder -_-
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you lower level than the mobs? In this game, even a level makes a big difference, ideally you don't want to be fighting same-level enemies even if you can help it, let alone one level higher. Sure you can do it, but if you're rusty, might be something you can try -- picking fights with lower level enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright.

Is this like a blog post, or are you looking for help with something specific?

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    I played beta and then about 2 months of launch and burnt out, got two characters to 41 on Belsavis (Sniper and Marauder) and just gave up.

Any way... been watching Clone Wars and decided to try again! My biggest problem (apart from everything now seems to have this looming shadow of credits) is how slow combat feels. That 1.5 second GCD really makes a difference. I also suck, I just get dropped by packs of mobs unless I concentrate on my Marauder -_-
    The slow combat gets much better when you get all your attacks later on. It feels much more fluid.

But on your mob problem:

I know your pain about a marauder. Mine was with the rep side sentinel. (same class for all intents and purposes)

Sentinel and marauders are rather squishy. What I did before I got the ewok companion treek was leveled with the ship droid.

Yea, yea I know. WTH would you do that? Cause if you add gear to him, he's a very good healer and he pretty much only heals. He has no real attacks. It made leveling my sentinel so much easier till I got the real healer companion later.

Just having a decently geared pocket healer made leveling so much easier and taking on more then a few mobs so much better. It also let me have little downtime between fights having to heal up for the next encounter.

People forget about the ship droid but if geared a little and you dont already have a healer, he's worth having around.

I will add this though. It's worth every dime to get the new ewok companion Treek. She can be a tank or healer and uses AIM gear and you can start using her at level 10 I think. You get a pocket healer or tank right off your starter planet. While she can be a little annoying with what I remember how much she talks, it was still worth every dime to unlock her for every toon.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For your Sniper use this build: http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/impe...p/talent-build

Ambush, Snipe, Series of Shots, and Takedown all proc Followthrough. Start with Ambush and Followthrough, then use Snipe to proc Followthrough (can require 2 Snipes), and Takedown whenever it becomes available. Feel free to add Series of Shots whenever you like. As long as Doc is your companion, and he is relatively well equipped, you'll do fine.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post

Use your defensive cooldowns. Marauders and Sentinels are squishy bastards. You need to use the defensive CDs that are less than a minute regularly. It should be part of your rotation or else you will die all the time.

I just get dropped by packs of mobs unless I concentrate on my Marauder
    How big are these packs? Should nly be able to survive small groups of about 2-4 enemies depending on their strength and your gear level, obviously if you out level/ gear the area you can withstand more, but on level content you should only be able to take on the groups that kinda stand together anyway.