Poll: should LFR loot be Epic or Rare?

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Now thats something highly subjective.
    I know. I just choose not to draw the arbitrary line. If LFR isn't endgame, then neither's Normal or Flex.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

When you start to worry about the quality of other player's gear more than your own you look insecure. Stop placing so much self-worth on video game loot.

And if you absolutely HAVE to lord over the people around you get Heroic gear in every slot and let your ilvl speak for itself instead of trying to diminish other player's gear to make your own seem better in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    When you start to worry about the quality of other player's gear more than your own you look insecure. Stop placing so much self-worth on video game loot.

And if you absolutely HAVE to lord over the people around you get Heroic gear in every slot and let your ilvl speak for itself instead of trying to diminish other player's gear to make your own seem better in comparison.
    Well that can be turned right back at you. If people shouldnt worry about the quality of other players gear, then what are you worrying about? Stop placing so much self-worth on video game loot.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Deleted
    I really don't think it matters what color any piece of gear is to be honest, all gear could be green for all it matters. If all items in game didn't have a color and were literally just white or whatever you wouldn't even notice. Only time the colour actually means something is when you get a random drop off a mob in the outside world and you see the purple colour and know its rare. Apart from that its all item level these days.

If LFR was to get rid of gear completely, I would run it once or twice just to see the fights and how the story progresses. After that, I would unsub until the next expansion. Don't really have too many of my friends left that play so there's no reason for me to progress onto the next level of raiding. On top of that, it's difficult to find a guild with decent people in it who aren't a bunch of d-bags.

With loot in LFR, I would keep my subscription a little while longer just to get what it has to offer and then unsub.

Blizzard might get an extra month or two out of me that way. Multiply that by how many people are of a similar mindset and you might have a lot of money at stake. I'm sure that plays into their thinking.

Deleted
    Current system is fine. LFR should drop epics, but not as good as normal ones.

LFR does need to have a lot better loot than heroic dungeons, and the tier set bonuses need to match. (Some people have really shit luck with normal & hc tier tokens.) It needs to be a viable way to gear up your alts and fill gaps in the main character's gear.

I don't really fancy the TBC system where you had to carry EVERY new character through Kara to gear it for Gruul, SSC, TK... especially when the loot you needed usually never dropped. Imagine having to run your alts through the steaming pile of shit that's Pandaria raids just to be able to enter SOO. No thanks. And back then we had "Kara guilds", "SSC guilds,", BT guilds"... and so on, which led to shameless guild hopping when selfish shitbags joined guilds to get boosted in Kara, only to leave the guild after getting the gear they wanted and applying for a higher level guild. We don't need that kind of people either.

Maybe it's precisely that kind of people who hate LFR so much? You are expected to personally work a little bit for your gear instead of being carried?
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2014-05-12 at 03:10 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's a game, not a politic statement, you don't have to go all political correct.
    Competition is a powerful driving force to keep on going and trying.

anything that encourage player to go the extra mile is good for the game. If higher difficulty level have its own "color", it will have the effect on some player (not all) to go and get that color. Player that would otherwise felt complete and may unsub waiting for the next progression patch.

I think different colors for different difficulty is good. Heck, give the purple color for the LFR and anoth color for normal and heroic. Give a grey color to heroic gear, and i can garantee you, grey will become the new prestige color. Don't do it though, grey is ugly, some sort of red or yellow for heroic gear would be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I know. I just choose not to draw the arbitrary line. If LFR isn't endgame, then neither's Normal or Flex.
    You just drew an arbitrary line.

In either way, what is endgame is fairly subjective. To me there are three possibly answers to that.

1. Any max level content
    2. What for a specific player is the final content for him. For example a friend of mine neither played PvP or PvE, for him the content he enjoyed was Fishing and Cooking, so in his case, his endgame was professions.
    3. The last content in a specific area. That means that for example Arena/RBG is the endgame of PvP, Heroic Raiding for PvE etc. Whatever content that marks the finish of a certain area of the game basically.

Personally I am leaning towards a mixture between both 2 and 3. That is where I draw my line.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    No? Are you struggling with reading? I said give the best loot to a wide variety of endeavours, not just HC raiding.
    I would be fine with that. As long as those endeavours required the same amount of work and skill, which I am guessing you would be against.

Rare. Bring back epics to an epic standard. You should have to work for it to get epic gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    I would be fine with that. As long as those endeavours required the same amount of work and skill, which I am guessing you would be against.
    Lord no, I agree wholeheartedly.

Theres no real reason that an equivalent to HC raid gear can't be at the end of one big bind on pick up grind, or an achievement based clear of tough dungeons or whatever. I'd love it if there was TBC style HC's and sets like the tailoring stuff they had back then (which took forever to grind the cloth for but was well worth the effort) and i am far from the only one.

The thing is, such content isn't double gated - which HC raiding is. First HC raiding is tough content and second the community itself gates HC raiding because most of them are insular and exclusionary (and rationally so, it makes sense to only recruit people who you already know can play.)

Deleted
    Legendary.

Deleted
    LFR-gear should be blue or rare-quality.