Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Yeah but Vancouver doesn't have THE QUEEN and A REALLY BIG CLOCK TOWER.
    So? Both are pointless without FREEDOM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Ain't any jobs in small towns.
    Depends. My relatively small town has two factories, both offering really nice salaries in an attempt to compete with one another. We get people commuting from out of state to work here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but Vancouver doesn't have THE QUEEN and A REALLY BIG CLOCK TOWER.
    We kind of do

Canada only really left the Empire because all the cool kids were doing it. We still have the queen on our money, still put u's in colour and honour (and use British (UK) english in Windows), and still frenemy our French brethren (but it's mostly just for sport).

The lack of a big clock tower is Vancouver's greatest weakness, clearly
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    How satisfied/happy are you with the place where you live? (I don't mean your dwelling, residence etc, but rather, your city/town)

I'm just wondering, would you like to move to another place? if so, why?
    I like the city i live in, but the exact location of where i live is a bit sad. Is in between the places i want to go. If i was 2 km to 3 of the sides i would be very happy though with it all overall
    In he long run i probably want to move out of Copenhagen entirely. I prefer less crowded, and more nature, but it is certanly nice to have everything within walking distance.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    We've got only a few people here, in the middle of what I consider to be the best part of Finland with lakes and forests all around

It's still a pretty urban town with pavement everywhere, some 7-story buildings (not exactly skyscrapers, I know), fast roads, and so on. Three large grocery stores in the center of the town, two smaller ones in the outskirts, two very large general stores, a kebab place, a chinese restaurant, a couple grills, a couple dozen specialty boutiques (sheets and drapes, clothing, electronics, office supplies and other such stores), bus station, a planned rail bus station, swimming hall, an indoor hockey rink, a couple outdoor hockey rinks, a few football courts, indoor and outdoor volleyball courts, badminton courts, weight lifting and such, several pubs, library, church - which, if nothing else, is a beautiful building, grade schools, high school, college (no campus though), cross country ski tracks, running tracks, an outdoor track and field stadium, and outdoor market every Friday, and a ton of other things I'm sure I'm forgetting.

All that for a town of 6000 or so people, although, we did merge with the neighboring township, and they've got more stuff. I just personally still don't consider them to be of the same town.

We're about an hour away from a couple bigger towns, a few hours from Helsinki. All in all there's very little I think this place is missing. The one thing almost all people who move away complain this place doesn't have is people, and I definitely don't mind that at all.

So yeah... 10/10.

Forgot the obvious; a paper mill. It doesn't stink though, isn't too loud, and with the red bricks looks decent when you go past. Has even some nice architecture. But yeah... That's a part of where I live, although not the entire town. I just think it's beautiful.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-05-08 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    We kind of do

Canada only really left the Empire because all the cool kids were doing it. We still have the queen on our money, still put u's in colour and honour (and use British (UK) english in Windows), and still frenemy our French brethren (but it's mostly just for sport).

The lack of a big clock tower is Vancouver's greatest weakness, clearly
    On the other hand, Vancouver doesn't have David Cameron, so... Maybe that's worth a clock tower or two.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    9.5/10

I can do just about everything in a 3 hour radius. Plenty of money (I'm a software engineer), plenty of culture (too much culture), tons of nature, you can be just about any type of person here, you just have to be tolerable that everyone else wants to be just about any type of person.. I'd prefer to be in the forest more, I guess for a few million I could live ~45 minutes away and it would basically be the same, then it'd be a 10/10.

I live in a small town by the sea, meaning the weather changes constantly and the wind is constantly blowing from the west, aside from the fact that it is a pretty fucking boring town with a population of 5959 it is nice and mostly quiet.

I know this isn't about residence or whatever, but I really don't like the house i live in.. It was build in 1936 and apparently the sewer system underneath my house is in complete disrepair as it haven't been touched in almost 80 years.. the result, rats have free access to my house and i swear those fuckers always find new points of entry when i place traps around the ones they normally use..

I would definitely like to move Out from my town even Europe, so girls from other continents, please, LF Invite!!

I live in The Netherlands, and I really am happy to have born here, and to live here. Racism/discrimination in the country has been increasing again lately, but you'll find that this happens pretty much anywhere you go.

The city I live in is boring though. I'd much rather live in Amsterdam, but because of circumstances I can't afford to move out just yet.

So overall, 8/10. 10/10 if I'd live in Amsterdam.

10+ Year Old Account
    7/10 but going to 5/10 really fast.

I live in a small village in the most southern province of the Netherlands. It's calm, surrounded by lovely forests, but alas there are no mountains here. I like mountains. The weather here is always shit. We didnt even have snow this winter. Not one single snowflake.

But there is one massive problem: Immigrants. You can bash me all you want for all I care, but you cant ignore the fact that immigration is becoming a massive problem. You'd think they would stick to a city, but now not even small villages are safe from these people. Polaks, romanians, bulgarians, turks... and crime has also increased. Gee I wonder why. A colleagu of mine got his house broken in not too long ago. And he was not the only victim to get robbed.

Oh well. Could be worse I guess.
    Last edited by Sainur; 2014-05-08 at 10:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    9/10. I live in a suburb close to a big town so I have everything I need. I want some nature and fields and forests and lakes to swim in? Nps, all around me within walking distance. I need things from town like big hospital, big library, big shopping mall, or just a walk in the old town? Nps, hop into a car or in public transport and you are there in 15 minutes. This is the best combination imo. I love the peacefulness of where I live but I am not missing out on the potential benefits living in a city provides. Would be 10/10 if my country wasn't so poor, that is the only negative thing. Rich suburban areas like the one I live in are sometimes broken into, neighbors had their yard gate automatics stolen recently, we had a break-in last year too. I understand though, some people are so poor that they get desperate :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    I want some nature and fields and forests and lakes to swim in?
    That pretty much describes the areas and nature around where I live in a nutshell.

Seriously though, I'm probably never going to understand how people can live in a city... I visit the nearest city about 9 miles away from where I live 4 days a week, for college and stuff, but thats about as much as I can handle. I hate cities. They make me feel uncomfortable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I envy you

It is pretty nice, we only have like .5 murders a year. It isn't the most amazing place but it is safe. Also no one gives a shit if you smoke weed which is nice and the summer is pretty damn amazing, no poisonous animals, and most of the dangerous ones don't come out of the woods ever. All in all I love it.

Here is a link to google images which most are from where I live.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Monct...w=1366&bih=683
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2014-05-08 at 11:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see far too many people for my liking where I live. A nearby farmer just sold his farm to a developer so now They are going to build houses about a mile away from me, so where I once had no neighbors to annoy me for a 5 mile radius, there are going to be like 12 houses a mile away I would love to move somewhere more remote like the middle of Wyoming but there isnt much work there. And since I cant afford my own Island not subject to any government, Wyoming is one of the states with the most freedom, lowest taxes, and least amount of people

15+ Year Old Account
    On the other hand, Vancouver doesn't have David Cameron, so... Maybe that's worth a clock tower or two.
    True But Canada has Steven Harper, so that probably cancels out
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Indeed, but when I retire that's where I'll be moving to, somewhere nice and quiet.

Depends on what you want to do. Make a business and create jobs for others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, I live in a town like 1 hours train from london, populated, has everything from a mall, shopping center and amenities you could ask for. Also train service and bus service is good and far reaching.

I might sometimes complain about there not being enough things, but honestly I've jack shit to complain about, I'm a white british gay guy living in the u.k, I couldn't be in a better area in current times (apart from the economic decline, but that was felt all over)
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm not a fan of the States, but I did love Alaska and Hawaii when we were assigned there. Right now I'm living in Massachusetts and I hate it. Not just because it's America, but because the people are terrible - they have the nickname "massholes" here. And the driving in this state......don't even get me started.
    masshole
    1. For residents of Massachusetts, it is an achieved title for drving faster, being wreckless, cutting other drivers off often, and having no patience for other drivers on the road.

2. For non-residents of Massachusetts, it is a term of dislike for the people of Massachusetts that drive like an asshole.
    #boycottchina