Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Looks like mythic geared raiders are gonna be stronger in pvp than PVPERs

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/461316609617846272

so much for PVP gear being better than PVE gear looks like there already going back on there word of pvp gear being good
    Last edited by mmocf0a8756358; 2014-05-11 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    and we are not even out of alpha yet
    Found your problem.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowForge View Post
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/461316609617846272

so much for PVP gear being better than PVE gear looks like there already going back on there word of pvp gear being good and we are not even out of alpha yet
    That isn't what he said... He said Mythic > Honor gear. Which makes sense considering gear changes make Honor gear take very little time to get, what with the bags and all. But Mythic will NOT be better than Conquest, as it should be.

Mythic gear will scale down in pvp so it won't be better than conquest gear... If you are going to complain about something, the least you could do is be informed about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Mythic gear will scale down in pvp so it won't be better than conquest gear... If you are going to complain about something, the least you could do is be informed about it.
    That's not how we do things around here. There is a maximum allowance of three sentences read from source material before complaining. :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Honor gear ≠ Conquest gear

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I think itll be the other way around actualy, PvP gear will be scalled up on instanced PvP (I remeber somethign about a higher gear lv for PvP gear on instanced PvP) but I might be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    I think itll be the other way around actualy, PvP gear will be scalled up on instanced PvP (I remeber somethign about a higher gear lv for PvP gear on instanced PvP) but I might be wrong.
    Ye and world pvp, as long as you are in pvp combat your pvp gear will get upscaled.

Umm what? Of course Mythic gear is better than Honor gear. It's Honor gear. Come back when they say this about Conquest gear.

Deleted
    Isn't that what PvP power is for?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvP gear, both honor and conquest scale up when you hit instanced PvP or engage in PvP combat. They effectively have two iLvLs, one for PvE and one for PvP. They are worse in PvE, but scale up to eclipse equal difficulty reward PvE gear.

Heroic gear for instance has a much higher PvE iLvL than honor gear but the moment you engage in PvP combat the honor gear either eclipses or is equal to the honor gear.

Mythic is basically the same as conquest gear once you engage in PvP combat, or conquest gear slightly eclipses it. Even if mythic gear has a slight iLvL advantage (which I'm not even sure of), it's likely conquest gear will be better when you factor in trinket bonuses, glove bonus and set bonuses into the mix.

I am pretty sure they did away with PvP power and resilience altogether. PvP gear just scales up massively as soon as you do, well PvP. This encourages PvE gear in PvE and PvP gear in PvP. Although you're still able to functionally use high iLvL of either sets in both PvE or PvP without feeling gimped.

This just in, conquest gear will beat questing gear, pvp will triumph in pve over pve'ers! Get your sky protection gear ready as it is about to fall, yet again!

And high level PvP gear will beat LFR gear in PvE.

Neat huh?

Basically if you want to start trying something new you don't have to start right at the bottom of the gearing process.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the gearing curve for PvE won't be too quick in the start of a season, I don't see why anyone should care whether mythic gear > honor gear.

Heck, I wouldn't care if mythic gear = conquest gear once everyone has full conquest gear.

Better than honor gear doesn't mean stronger than PVPers. It means stronger than some PvPers. This is going to increase the number of people involved in RBGs and Arenas, I'm sure. Why is that a problem? Now, if it ends up being competitive or even better than Conquest gear and obtainable at a faster rate, naturally, grab your pitchfork. Nothing he said indicates that, though.

Dude save it. You know how little small the amount of players with Heroic gear there are, period? Let alone deusch'ing around in PvP? Ya maybe you will run into one random mythic punk once in 1,000 bg's. and that will be like 2-4 months after the release lol. Less qq more stfu

Looks like OP needs to L2 read.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodjunky22 View Post
    Looks like OP needs to L2 read.
    I'm wondering where OP's pve counterpart is to complain about conq gear being more powerful in pve than lfr gear.

LFR raiders should be making threads raging about how conquest PVP gear is better than LFR gear for PVE, to counter this thread.. lol.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    LFR raiders should be making threads raging about how conquest PVP gear is better than LFR gear for PVE, to counter this thread.. lol.
    That will probably make Blizzard revert PvP gear to pre-MoP era item level budgets, where PvP stats would take part of the budget, making PvP gear even more inferior.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II