Thread: DPS meter

10+ Year Old Account

Question DPS meter

Good day all.

Was wondering if there could be a possability of a dps meter, like in wow, to make it so you can see what skills does a bit more dmg and what skills does a bit less. It is just so much trouble to go and do the math each time something just looks half interesting.

Deleted
    Oh no you didn't....
    Hope you realize what is to come of this thread!?

oh and i am not aware of any "offical DPS Meter".
    Blizzard have stated quite recently it is something that is unlikely to be implemented.

There is no Addon support of any sort or combat log data that is available to the client.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    Oh no you didn't....
    Hope you realize what is to come of this thread!?

oh and i am not aware of any "offical DPS Meter".
    Blizzard have stated quite recently it is something that is unlikely to be implemented.
    Do you know of any good hiding places? *slowly starts to turn around and run, yells thank you over the shoulder*
    Last edited by GoKs; 2014-05-08 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Grammar

Deleted
    Campaign Mode, A Shattered Crown (Talk to the blacksmith Haedrig Eamon), difficulty level torment 6.

Get a stopwatch and have it ready. Start up the game, talk to Cain, talk to Haedrig, kill the zombies, get ready with the stopwatch. Once you can target Mira, start timing, blast her with whatever kind of damage you want to measure (all you've got, no cooldowns, no pets, whatever), take a look at her max health and make a mental note of that. Just avoid her poison bolts she spits out every now and then and do whatever little movement is required. You can use the templar without gear and he can taunt some for you.

When she dies, stop timing. Divide her health by the time, in seconds, it took you to kill her, and voila; your actual DPS. She's easy enough to kill on T6 to do a lot of testing this way, yet she has a decent amount of health, so you'll get pretty accurate results.

As far as an actual in-game DPS meter, there is none, nor will there ever be I'm guessing.

Addons are not supported nor intended to be in Diablo.

Also, damage between classes and even specs is very different - damage source vary a lot and many of them aren't even counted in the damage display ingame.

Best option you have is the way Sydänyö explained above.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

There is a dps meter, as said before it's not really supported by blizzard. But i think it isnt an ingame one. Ill leave the google research for you to find it.

Personally i dont see the point of a meter for this type if game, like having badass gear and destroying mobs isnt enough for the epeen already. If you want to see someone elses performance in a group, just watch them and when you get to a pack dont attack to see how they do vs it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightsorrow12 View Post
    There is a dps meter, as said before it's not really supported by blizzard. But i think it isnt an ingame one. Ill leave the google research for you to find it.

Personally i dont see the point of a meter for this type if game, like having badass gear and destroying mobs isnt enough for the epeen already. If you want to see someone elses performance in a group, just watch them and when you get to a pack dont attack to see how they do vs it.
    As I stated in the OP, it is not to measure D*ck size, it is to see what gear works best, since sheet dps tells me next to nothing, I want to see if I swop X wit Y if my dps increases, or doesnt it. Or if I swap out Skill A for skill B how bad does it affect my dmg or how good does it affect my dmg. Nothing epeen bout that, just like to fiddle arround with the playstyle, since I dont use any specific build to work toward. But Thanks for the info on the meter, will go google it at home.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Thanks for the info on the meter, will go google it at home.
    You might want to be aware that Blizzard doesn't look kindly upon people modifying the game clients, and Warden has been known to throw a hissy fit over certain third party programs even if they don't modify anything (which in this case it surely has to, by injecting something, else how is it going to get the data?)

So just be aware of this as you go looking for a DPS meter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You might want to be aware that Blizzard doesn't look kindly upon people modifying the game clients, and Warden has been known to throw a hissy fit over certain third party programs even if they don't modify anything (which in this case it surely has to, by injecting something, else how is it going to get the data?)

So just be aware of this as you go looking for a DPS meter.
    Thanks for the warning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    As I stated in the OP, it is not to measure D*ck size, it is to see what gear works best, since sheet dps tells me next to nothing, I want to see if I swop X wit Y if my dps increases, or doesnt it. Or if I swap out Skill A for skill B how bad does it affect my dmg or how good does it affect my dmg. Nothing epeen bout that, just like to fiddle arround with the playstyle, since I dont use any specific build to work toward. But Thanks for the info on the meter, will go google it at home.
    Pretty much this.

I would never want an actual in-game meter, but a combat log that we can parse would be golden. We already have damage and toughness spreadsheets but they only go so far. It is sometimes very difficult to tell the difference between runes or skills and how they affect your performance. A feature that would let us examine them closer would be a very welcome upgrade.

A DPS meter comparable to a plug-in or addon is probably not going to happen in Diablo 3. It's pretty unlikely Blizzard are suddenly going to include addon support for Diablo 3 and just not been telling us about it after what is years now.

However, a few other APRGs did have a "target practice" dummy in town players could wail on. It's like attacking a mob with infinite health that just stands there. Torchlight 2 had the most recent example I can think of. The target dummy even spits out your overall DPS after a few seconds of attacking.

Something similar could be added to D3 at some point. Full blown addons- unlikely at this time.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is already DPS meters available for the public. They are free to use, but they come with the warning that Blizzard might ban you if you use it.