Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ATVI went up to 21 dollars the day after the financial report

For those hoping ATVI would fall back to a $ 17.5 value (huge buying point) will be dissapointed to know that the stock rocketed 8% after the report.

Apparently Blizzard's 40% gain in revenue countered the expected revenue loss in Activision Games.

Next sales point to me is $ 24, but that's not going to happen in the first 6 months I am afraid.

In the meantime Hearthstone will be the driving force behind new WOW subs and more revenue gains.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    In the meantime Hearthstone will be the driving force behind new WOW subs and more revenue gains.
    Not sure about that. How many do you think are ultimately going to play Hearthstone? How many are playing now? It's a card game...

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Not sure about that. How many do you think are ultimately going to play Hearthstone? How many are playing now? It's a card game...
    Quite a bit actually. It's F2P. And you underestimate the iOS market. There aren't that many quality games on that platform besides Hearthstonep

According to Bobby Kotick himself at the press conference yesterday Heartstone has over 10 million PC only players. Since it was launched on the iPAd in April (after the report), it has been constantly being in the top 10 of most grossing games on that platform, beating out other successful games like Minecraft and even Farmville 2.

Conservative stock broker estimates were already around the 100 million dollars revenue. I think they are wrong since the free to play game will launch "soon" TM on Androids, Iphones and other mobiles.

As such it will be a main driving force behind new revenue and new "Warcraft" recruiting from a complete different player base.

The iPAd has an installed user base of around 100 million people. I won't even count smart phones totals as these run over 2 billion machines. Not all are powerfull enough though to run HS.

The only NEGATIVE about it is that Hearthstone needs PVE content asap because it is too niche PvP. That will come hopefully by June/july with the Naxramus Raid content for the card game.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-05-08 at 11:47 AM.

10 million are playing Hearthstone.

Many. There isn't even an android version yet and mobile shit gaming is huge. People are just really into crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno - Hearthstone was the first card game I ever played and anything other card game I've tried so far hasn't been fun. I love Hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    First, 10 million isn't much for an F2P game. The conversion ratio is brutal.

Second, do you have a source? I'd be surprised if they had 10 million now. Maybe 1 million?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Pretty sure the correct word to use is that 10 million HAVE played hearthstone, not are playing.

I listened to the call and i'm sure I heard one say the game hasn't monetized as much as they'd hoped so far.

Blizzard are blatantly propping up Activision at this point. Its quite amusing. A seperation is needed, I think. Somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I listened to the call and i'm sure I heard one say the game hasn't monetized as much as they'd hoped so far.
    On the contrary, it's monatize better than they thought:
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morhaime
    I can say that it's monetizing very well compared to other free-to-play games, at least from what I've seen.

Pretty sure the correct word to use is that 10 million HAVE played hearthstone, not are playing.

I am sure you heard this:

Quote: "Heartstone already has registred OVER 10 million PC players accross all regions with STRONG engagement and monetization. The game launched on iPad in April and quickly occupied the top spot for iPad downloads and also became a TOP 10 grossing iPad game in numerous countries around the world, including the United States..."

transcipt: http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/call-tran...all-transcript

The quote came from Bobby Kotick himself and was confirmed by Mike himself later on (see post above).

So next time: please do not tell lies while hating Blizzard.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-05-08 at 12:06 PM.

I am sure you heard this:

Quote: "Heartstone already has registred OVER 10 million PC players accross all regions with STRONG engagement and monetization. The game launched on iPad in April and quickly occupied the top spot for iPad downloads and also became a TOP 10 grossing iPad game in numerous countries around the world, including the United States..."
    That's not 10 million playing the game. That's 10 million who tried to play the game during its current lifetime. There's quite a difference.

The word "STRONG" doesn't mean anything without numbers.

In sum, I don't think Hearthstone will be much of a factor. It's a gimmick and going to stay a gimmick with relatively little money compared to other Blizzard projects, unless they pull a miracle - and I don't think they pulled it.

Deleted
    I played 3 games of hearthstone for the steed and uninstalled after (like 90%+ of my guildies) . I'm sure blizz included all of us in their statistic.

That's not 10 million playing the game. That's 10 million who tried to play the game during its current lifetime. There's quite a difference.

The word "STRONG" doesn't mean anything without numbers.
    Apparently you missed the point where it said Blizzard had a 40% increase in revenue during the last Quarter. To be exact 132 million dollars extra.
    And HS was only launched officialy during March 2014 on PC and the iPad was version was even published in Apr (or not yet included in the finances).

So I guess the daily Apple grossing charts are faked by Blizzard too ?

I mean: comon guys, you HATE Blizzard with a vengeance, but your attitude is ridiculous.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-05-08 at 12:19 PM.

Apparently you missed the point where it said Blizzard had a 40% increase in revenue during the last Quarter. To be exact 132 million dollars extra.
    How much money did Hearthstone bring?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    I played 3 games of hearthstone for the steed and uninstalled after (like 90%+ of my guildies) . I'm sure blizz included all of us in their statistic.
    Exactly. 10chars

Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    I'm sure they did. I haven't played in several months but we are technically still a player. If you think about it, it was perfect to offer the mount in WoW for playing HS because now they'll get a huge surge of players and then they can say hey look at us, we've got 10 million players on our free game, give us money!

But seeing as this is a BenBos topic I'm sure he'll come in and white knight blizzard again seeing as how he posted essentially this exact same topic in the HS forum a bit ago.

Signature Created by Jassinta

First, 10 million isn't much for an F2P game.
    No matter how it may have turned out in regards to retention, 10 million is a LOT for a game that had only been publicly freely available for two months at the point in time the quarterly report takes its numbers from.

- - - Updated - - -

How much money did Hearthstone bring?
    The high-end streamers and competitors alone have been pumping money into packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    No matter how it may have turned out in regards to retention, 10 million is a LOT for a game that had only been publicly freely available for two months at the point in time the quarterly report takes its numbers from.

- - - Updated - - -

The high-end streamers and competitors alone have been pumping money into packs.
    Actually the game was only officialy launched one month (March) and the 10 million was cited as PC players. The iPad figures were not even included yet as it launched after the report in April.

But every day now for 30 days long, HS has been in the top 10 of most grossing games on the iPad in my region (Benelux). Beating out such blockbusters as Minecraft and Farmville 2.

As stated: I guess Apple daily sales charts (grossing value) are fake too ...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-05-08 at 12:27 PM.

This just in, Blizz still crying poor.