Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad if he was actually funny or if was the place for it. Comedians can do what they do because 1) they are actually funny 2) they are in the right setting/people understand the context.

Otherwise you just ending up looking like an ass.
    It's exactly WHY the have Barkley on, is for the entertainment. I guess you've never really watched the show. All they do is crack jokes, talk a few about the NBA, and then it's Shaq dissing Barkley, and Barkley talking trash about everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....Is that a real organization?

I don't have a problem with fat people but I see it in the same light as smoking. It is an unhealthy lifestyle choice that we should be strongly discouraging, not accepting.

National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance
    What the...
    If an organisation like this was angry with me, I'd be proud of it. I'd probably tell everyone.

"One would think being a black man," well not that i agree with the fatties in the first place but that right there.. boom goes the dynamite.. cant argue in america and say anything remotely like this or you lose.

btw being fat is not the natural state (btw.. im kinda fat)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    It's exactly WHY the have Barkley on, is for the entertainment. I guess you've never really watched the show. All they do is crack jokes, talk a few about the NBA, and then it's Shaq dissing Barkley, and Barkley talking trash about everyone else.
    For sure, but when those two are going back and forth you understand the context. When you tell a joke at someone else's expense and they aren't in on it or in a haha kind of move then easy for you end up looking like an ass. Barkley overstepped his comedic boundaries.

The lady is blowing shit way out of proportion ( a slight pun there, I know it's lame) but Barkley also wasn't very funny, crude even.

i await the NBA's decision to ban him....

15+ Year Old Account
    Fat acceptance, seems rather stupid tbh. Respect them as persons, yes of cos but saying its okey to be unhealthy without a medical condition as reason? No thanks.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Are they also offended by fit people? Ban fit people!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you choose to be fat, you deserve to be hated and insulted.

Not so if you choose to be gay, though. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    For sure, but when those two are going back and forth you understand the context. When you tell a joke at someone else's expense and they aren't in on it or in a haha kind of move then easy for you end up looking like an ass. Barkley overstepped his comedic boundaries.

The lady is blowing shit way out of proportion ( a slight pun there, I know it's lame) but Barkley also wasn't very funny, crude even.
    I thought it was funny : /. Comedians absolutely destroy introverted nerdy skinny types like me, but I don't go starting an organization for the advancement of nerd acceptance. In fact, I laugh at the jokes because I can enjoy them probably more than someone who isn't me. Its why so many WoW players enjoyed the wow episode of south park.

And if you're going to say that there is a difference between being fat and being a nerd, my brain is just as predispositioned to be an introvert as their thyroid is for talking a walk instead of a run.

Edit: also wanted to highlight something someone else said earlier, Barkley in the past few years has lost a TON of weight. People rag on him all the time about it, including on that show.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post

Not so if you choose to be gay, though.
    Go figure.
    When did you decide to like vaginas?

Someday in the not so distant future Americans wont be able to talk with each others without being fired, banned and shamed....
    all that PC shit is crazy, you cant even have your own views or your own likes or dislikes, you have to like and think whatever the PC police tells you to..
    You have to like gays, you have to like blacks , you have to like Fat people,etc..
    and if you have diferent likes or views or toghts you are a racist or are offending someone....
    And this shit is spreading to the rest of the world also.... slowly but steady

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    When did you decide to like vaginas?
    This is the seed to an argument where Randec says a bunch of radical crap and throws off the thread, so do you think what Barkley said is unacceptable? Bleh.

That's the dumbest association I've ever heard of. Yes, jokes can be offensive, grow up and get over it instead of crying for an apology.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    Someday in the not so distant future Americans wont be able to talk with each others without ebing fired, banned and shamed....
    all that PC shit is crazy, you cant even have your own views or your own likes or dislikes, you have to like and think whatever the PC police tells you to..
    You have to like gays, you have to like blacks , you have to like Fat people, and if you have diferent likes or views or toghts you are a racist or are offending someone....
    Don't have to like them, but you can't discriminate against them.

Having opposing thoughts along the lines of "Gays can't marry" is bigoted. Or thinking blacks are less intelligent because of genetics or culture is bigoted.

Just not liking them is not bigotry, I for example find Germanic women attractive, but have no inclination for tanned or black women. Preferences are personal, policies are societal.

I'm sorry, I find no controversy here, just tumblr brand "body acceptance" bullshit. I understand there is a line between wanting to motivate people to be healthier and just wanting to belittle them. but this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    This is the seed to an argument where Randec says a bunch of radical crap and throws off the thread, so do you think what Barkley said is unacceptable? Bleh.
    Actually, I'm choosing not to respond in a way that will potentially derail the thread. Just a comparison that I felt was valid.

Do I think what Barkley said was unacceptable? Not really. I'm totally tired of the kind of PC BS whining and personally feel a "fat acceptance" group is a bit silly, I'm just not as outraged and hateful as most here toward fat people and I'm not afraid to call out some double standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Apologize or what, fat women will stop watching the nba?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post

Not so if you choose to be gay, though. Go figure.
    Yeah, because people decide to eat so much cock that they slowly become gay.....

I loled
    Also, exactly 0 people who are not a part of these organizations care about what they have to say, except as free comedy fuel.