Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    This the most perverse example of self-delusion and -consolation I've ever seen.
    Seriously, what's next. The "what's next? Cancer pride?" one hits it pretty much on the button.
    Believe it or not it can get worse

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Maybe the new HAES can be Healthy at every Stage instead of Healthy at every Size. Just because I'm Stage IV doesn't mean I'm not healthy, shitlord!
    "Fat people are empirically unattractive".

Yes...yes they are. What is the f*cking point here?
    I don't know if this display makes me want to laugh, cry or get angry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post

Oh god, I've seen it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Fat people are empirically unattractive".

Yes...yes they are. What is the f*cking point here?
    I don't know if this display makes me want to laugh, cry or get angry.
    What's stopping you from feeling all 3 emotions?
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account

*reads. Re-reads*

Yeaaaahh..... Butt hurt that a fitness trainer is in SSB, when Mario himself is a fat Italian plu--- wait never mind. This isn't even worth a reply. Because I really care what someone who idolizes the Flash (enough to know what the Speed-Force is) but can't get up to run, thinks. /sarcasm

Poopinthespeedforce indeed.

10+ Year Old Account

If Tumblr has taught me anything, it is that someone, somewhere, will be offended by any utterance of sound or action taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Looks like they have all their bases covered. If you relegate legitimate criticism to spots on a bingo board that means they're illegitimate.
    I can't be the only person who enjoyed the bottom left hand red square... That fat people threaten our national security. At all the things one could complain about, at all the arguments one could make against being overweight, I would have never of thought of that.
    They must not have seen the picture of the overweight guy with a oxygen tank, mickie D's and a 50 cal I think on top of his rascal. If we had lots of overweight people rolling in those, I think the bottom left hand square would be null and void.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    I do think there should be protections at the basic level of so you cant deny someone a job just cause their fat with no valid reason other then "I hate teh fats"
    That is the way i feel about any type of description of this sort tho i am fine with fat people being denied jobs were their weight would be a issue to getting the job done.
    I think those two things though would be really difficult to make work. Yeah, a desk job might could be debatable, but many holiday factory jobs and stuff would be in a bad spot. I worked at Amazon's one holiday season, it was easy work, picking and packing for extra money, I maintained roughly a 140 percent plus rate of work and it wasn't challenging. The majority of the people there who stuck around until the end of the season were mostly thin people to somewhat husky. Most people lost a fair bit of weight to be honest, it was upwards of 90 plus degrees and 10 hours a day really 9 considering lunch and 2 15's. But I saw numerous people I would consider obese and I'm not exactly one to sling that around, but I don't think any of them stuck it out.
    So, if I would have stayed there, and became a manager one day, I can't say I would hire someone who was really overweight over a skinnier person since in my experience the really overweight people didn't stick around at all. But they likely could manage the minimal work load, and/or make the complaint that there was other positions they potentially could have filled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Chelly
    Oh god, I've seen it all.
    Nope, you haven't.
    http://thisisthinprivilege.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    If Tumblr has taught me anything, it is that someone, somewhere, will be offended by any utterance of sound or action taken.
    pretty much, whats worse is it's a sink hole of self indignation. people on that site take EVERYTHING at face value. an example is this post about a guy (how suffers from down syndrome) kicking at a black kid in a McDonalds. the post will read "look at how the white man has no problem attacking and intimidating people smaller and weaker then him". AND PEOPLE BUY THIS SHIT. it is the a site filed with people who are looking to be outraged over something.

15+ Year Old Account
    I only got one thing to say to the upset National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance:

But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marika View Post
    Jesus f'in Christ, make it stop. MAKE IT STOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Employment discrimination is the big one. Medicine as well, which I think people broadly agree with, but the disagreement is about whether it's actually a real problem at present or not.

Then there's the weird ones, where people want to be able to take two airplane seats ("I need as much space as I need, it's not my fault your seats are too small"). This is a real argument that exists. I find it utterly bizarre, but it exists.
    I am a bit on the fence with employment discrimination but it really depends on the jobs. There are a lot of jobs that require a person to be able to lift a certain amount, walk or stand for long periods of time. If you are not physically able to do those things then you are not able to be meet the job requirements there is no discrimination in that. Now if people are being denied employment just because people think they look "gross", "disgusting" or "I don't like fat people" that is discrimination.

Now there is a real problem with healthcare because people tend to default to any problem a fat person may have is due to weight. Where as with a normal( I don't know if it is PC to use normal or what) weight person they will run test before assuming what is the cause of the problem. But healthcare is a mess anyway and there are far more pressing issues to deal with right now.

Do they want the two airplane seats free? Are they fat people or just really big people, like football players? Surely no one is stupid enough to argue that they should get a free seat because they are too fat.

We've raised a generation of kids telling them at every turn they are perfect just the way they are and nobody should ever dare criticism them or their choices.

Then these people grow up to be 300 lb blobs and are outraged that society dare judge them for their god awful lifestyle (and the god awful lifesytle they pass on to their children).

Shame can often be GOOD thing. When you behave in a foolish or irresponsible way, you're supposed to feel f'ing ashamed.

If you've failed so miserably at diet, exercise, and health that you're now obese you should be ashamed. We're not talking about carrying around an extra 20 lb and not looking like a model here, we're talking about being clinically obese. There's no excuse for that. You didn't wake up one morning 100 lb overweight. At some point in time you were 20 lb, then 30lb, then 40lb, etc.

And now you wanna play the VICTIM? BOO HOO society should be nice to me and not point out all my failures.

Great, now our children's self esteem has never been higher, along with their cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar.

What these fat advocates don't realize is that they are instigating more "oppression" than would exist without them. God bless them though, the things in this thread have made me laugh numerous times.
    Last edited by diddle; 2014-05-10 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    It's really quite amazing that people can be like this and still maintain a beating heart. I mean, the human body is far from a perfect design but to take this kind of abuse and keep on ticking is extraordinary.

Ugh. As a resident of San Antonio, Charles Barkley's beef has been milked way too much. This is the 3rd year in a row (if I am remembering correctly) that he has "bashed" the residents of SA as being "fat". I like Charles Barkley normally, but this whole thing is just annoying.

Also, the city has taken itself off of most fat lists. It's not as common to see fatsos in the last couple of years.

Anyways, back to the debate about fat shaming.