0/21 rerolling crit chance to Manald Heal and counting.......

Manald Heal is a legendary ring. There's something like 11 different reroll properties you can get. Is it normal to not get the reroll you're looking for 21 times in a row? Could this possibly be broken?
    Final Fantasy XIV info= Star Swirl on Behemoth AKA Best-hemoth AKA The Cool Kid's Table
    WoW info= Gareth- Uldum Horde

Deleted
    ya, it's not that many, i went through 750+ marquis gems before getting lightning damage on my SoJ.

honestly though, manald heal? i can only speak from a monk PoV but it's really really unlikely it's worth putting gold into - there are much better rings out there

Just wait, you'll finally get the stat you want but it'll roll the lowest value... then you'll try another 20 times to get the value you want, or you'll go broke and just accept a crappy roll.

Went through this last night trying to get CHD on a Leg neck that dropped for me... in the end I got pissed off and just salvaged the bloody thing. Without atleast 80% CHD it was worthless and it kept rolling crap stats or like 50% CHD.

If I still remember what I learned in math class correctly, the chance of that happening is around 13.5%.
    So.. RNG is RNG.

I think the biggest problem is that you can get two of the exact same stats with just different values, would be nice to have the first stat locked out when it rolls...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    I think the biggest problem is that you can get two of the exact same stats with just different values, would be nice to have the first stat locked out when it rolls...
    On the other hand, it's also nice to get "crit chance 8.0%" followed by "crit chance 10.0%". I saved a reforge there.

Would be nice to 2 separate options.

Re-roll the stat
    Re-roll the value

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Would be nice to 2 separate options.

Re-roll the stat
    Re-roll the value
    That's probably less random than they'd like it to be, and you'd still have to get the stat you want before even bothering with the value, so it wouldn't really change that aspect of it. The value part would be nice though, it's such a pain to have to rely on getting the same stat again, but meh, at least they give you 2 rolls instead of 1, good enough imo.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by insanedruid View Post
    If I still remember what I learned in math class correctly, the chance of that happening is around 13.5%.
    So.. RNG is RNG.
    21 tries with 2 options per try makes 42 possible rolls
    given 11 total stats and assuming all of them have the same roll chances (which trust me is a lie, i tried to reroll lower level requirement on a Flail and got only +maxwrath in 20 rerolls) we have:

p = (10/11)^42 = 0.01826 (1.826%) to not see a crit roll

currently the mystic is a piece of rng shit and doesnt differentiate between stats. if u have 4 options like vit/ life regen/ armor or crit chance.. she'll just pick vit/vit or life regen.. wont offer u crit chance no matter how obvious it is that people want it. i had to reroll my barbs reaper wraps 12 times for crit chance, finally gave up and made 2 more pairs, then got 6% crit chance 3 rolls later. (around 20 souls in total)

Deleted
    If games like these supported more convoluted systems, systems that will actually require someone to take two seconds to understand them, then there could be a system where you could for example pay 10 souls (and whatever gold) to get a 100% roll to a specific stat, meaning you'd choose crit chance, say you're paying 10 souls, and you'd get a crit chance roll. Of course, that crit chance could then be the worst possible crit chance, but still.

I mean, why the hell would there not be such a system in place? Item/gold sinks are good for the game, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I mean, why the hell would there not be such a system in place? Item/gold sinks are good for the game, after all.
    Enchanting is a gold/item sink. I like that idea, but it may be taking too much of the RNG out. I like the current system -- the ranges aren't too big (4 - 6% chance, 350 - 415 mainstat, etc), but some slot have too many possibilities; I'm looking at you offhand. Maybe a third possible roll for those slots?