Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I Keep Getting Kicked from LFR!!!

For the last few months I have been playing my way through LFR and I constantly get kicked! I'm always top dps but every time I try and throw some advice their way I instantly get kicked. Does this happen in other people's LFRs?

I think the moral of this story is that people in LFR are not interested in some guy telling them that they're playing their class wrong in ez mode LFR. If I were you, I'd just be quiet and carry the dps. Is it really worth getting kicked?
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Three things are going to happen in this thread.

1. "OP isn't telling the whole story"
    2. "OP was being a douchebag and thats why he got kicked"
    3. "OP was not pulling the numbers he says he is pulling and got kicked for it"

I have been kicked from LFR for queueing as damage and topping both healing and damage meters as Ele, it happens, just try to ignore others mistakes and go with the flow, its the best way to avoid getting kicked

Yeah, the best thing you can do is just keep quiet throughout the run. Just last night people kicked the mage because he was "talking too much".

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been kicked, but I have witnessed plenty. Without knowing more about what actually happened there isn't a way to know why you were kicked. Maybe it's your tone, maybe it's the groups you happen to be in, they might just not want to hear anything. As this has apparently happened more then once it leads me to think you were doing a bit more then just giving some advice, you should probably just keep quiet.

Honestly all I did was like them an achievement mentioning I have done the boss (on heroic mode) and that I could offer advice they simply kicked me

Linking achieves from harder versions of the content are not going to endear you to the LFR community. It's best to just not type to them except to say you're ready or whatever. LFR is a very backwards place... it's the Mos Eisley of World of Warcraft. Nothing but scum and villainy.

All I did was showboat by linking meters/achievement or called people out, y get kicked? Even if you are (or were) reasonable, you will get kicked for making people feel bad about being craptacular.
    Stay salty my friends.

I run LFR every week on 3 classes.

The only kicks I see are as follows:

AFK
    Abusive
    Useless in an important role (i.e. Tank) after several warnings. (Seriously rather push on with a shit tank then wait 30 minutes for another one).

I've seen Tanks get 1 shot to mechanics, Healers failing at assignments (i.e. Towers) or DPS tunneling. Even then, they don't get kicked. It's only after they get told what they're doing wrong and they proceed to abuse the entire raid with colorful language illustrating "how pro their main is" that the votes start getting thrown around.

It takes a few people to /vote kick you before it gets put to a raid vote, ergo, you're pissing a few people off... so it's on you. People in LFR don't need to know how pro you are, or how they "would of been 1 shot in Heroic" for getting hit by some mechanic. Yes, some special snowflakes get offended when they cause a wipe and someone tried to educate them, but 1 person having a cry isn't enough to get you kicked.

Just shut up and shoot the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Three things are going to happen in this thread.

1. "OP isn't telling the whole story"
    2. "OP was being a douchebag and thats why he got kicked"
    3. "OP was not pulling the numbers he says he is pulling and got kicked for it"

I have been kicked from LFR for queueing as damage and topping both healing and damage meters as Ele, it happens, just try to ignore others mistakes and go with the flow, its the best way to avoid getting kicked
    I don't doubt that happened. But how many times you accomplished that, and how many of those times you got kicked?
    I'm going with number 1 option.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing in LFR you could do was not to chat, not to look at anyone the wrong way, not to sneeze. They're like a twitchy, shy, scared and scarred alien race that will shoot everything that moves. Including you.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2014-05-09 at 04:52 AM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    I don't doubt that happened. But how many times you accomplished that, and how many of those times you got kicked?
    I'm going with number 1 option.
    It happened once during ToT, I was getting yelled at because "you queued as DPS and you are healing"..... I mean really they couldn't even check the other damage meter, and before ya knew it... bam I was kicked because no one checked anything they just press yes.

I think it has something to do with the influx of boosted toons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Claws View Post
    I think it has something to do with the influx of boosted toons
    lol. no. it doesnt. you are offering advice to those that did not seek it. you probably come across as elitist to others. you are not the target audience for this difficulty. keep your hands and feet inside, and dont talk to anyone. do what you signed up to do and you wont get kicked. draw attention to yourself in raid chat and well, you see the results.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

It happened once during ToT, I was getting yelled at because "you queued as DPS and you are healing"..... I mean really they couldn't even check the other damage meter, and before ya knew it... bam I was kicked because no one checked anything they just press yes.
    Meters are a joke... You're argument hinges on them being super important. People like to see people do what they're supposed to do. People who don't know better think they need all of those healers. Would it have killed you to que as DPS? No. Would it have killed you to just heal? No. I mean really... yeah ToT was easy but people new to it or don't know any better are going to spaz out, especially if a wipe happened they'll blame lack of healing. Meters are garbage in the real game and they're garbage in the side show joke that is LFR.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't even hardly make sense, since it's usually the "You queued as a healer but are DPS'ing" issue. Seriously, why would someone think anyone would queue for the MUCH longer DPS role to heal instead of just going healer?

As to the OP, it is clear they are leaving pertinent information out, so meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try not to be a twat about it.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Default UI doesn't have a damage meter.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    lol. no. it doesnt. you are offering advice to those that did not seek it. you probably come across as elitist to others. you are not the target audience for this difficulty. keep your hands and feet inside, and dont talk to anyone. do what you signed up to do and you wont get kicked. draw attention to yourself in raid chat and well, you see the results.

Most likely this.

Odds are the OP came off as a douchebag and got the boot for it; its entirely possible to be helpful without being condescending and smug to the person or persons you are trying to help. Most don't bother because they want the epeen points for talking down on someone. I vkick abusive players all the time; never gets old.