Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't get nearly as many as I used to get. I've also noticed that it usually is the same account that will spam you more than once for many days if you don't ignore them, so that should help.

I've seen gold spam from names that look like hacked accounts rather than the usual nonsensical gold spam accounts. I'm afraid there's been another rush of hacked accounts and emails. I would basically ban logins for western accounts from China without over the phone confirmation if I was ANet at this point. Of course, that's extra work and any solution may be extra work.

Deleted
    Yes I also noticed this, the few people that did whisper me were actual players with 1k+ AP. My guildies have noticed the same thing. It is kind of scary, because this means they succeeded to hack actual players for gold. And since Anet made a special post about this lately, it must be a real problem.
    Before I didn't care too much about reporting every single one that whispered me. But now I do care since I realize it might be someone's account.