Quick question. Jedi Consular vs Jedi Guardian

Title.

I'm mostly interested in pvp. I love all sorts of pvp including duels so what are the pros and cons of each, and ultimately which one is I guess more op given the player is equal at both classes? I know it all depends on your playstyle and all so I would also be interested in which type of playstyle fits best, I mean I honestly don't mind healing or dpsing or tanking in pvp it doesn't really matter.

Guardian by far, consular story is boring, and sage and shadow is worse, stick with the knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have only played up to level 30 or so, and I hated the playstyle of knight that I dropped it around 25 and started consular, as a sage, like it a lot more personally. Probably just more of a personal feel kind of thing.

Sage/consular is like a caster, sage/shadow is stealthy, knight is is mostly a "run in smash" type class imo <.<
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll64 View Post
    Guardian by far, consular story is boring, and sage and shadow is worse, stick with the knight.
    Lol could you go into further detail of why??

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I have only played up to level 30 or so, and I hated the playstyle of knight that I dropped it around 25 and started consular, as a sage, like it a lot more personally. Probably just more of a personal feel kind of thing.

Sage/consular is like a caster, sage/shadow is stealthy, knight is is mostly a "run in smash" type class imo <.<
    Yeah I noticed this, I'm playing both and I can't decide which I like better I'm leaning towards the Guardian.

But still I would like to know which is better for 1v1 ( against what classes also) , battlegrounds, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Assassin/Shadow has always been the superior duelist (1v1) against any and all classes. They have the tools to beat any class and can heal a tremendous amount by using the cheap tactic of using Vanish, Sap, and Meditate.

If 1v1 is your primary concern, then I would recommend Assassin Shadow. However, their playstyle requires a lot of finesse and patience. If you prefer something a bit more direct, Guardian/Juggernaut is a solid alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by sebackers View Post
    Lol could you go into further detail of why??
    The consular story is actually pretty good. IT's a political type story with some interesting moments. It is not the best of all the stories but it's not bad.

Yeah I noticed this, I'm playing both and I can't decide which I like better I'm leaning towards the Guardian.

But still I would like to know which is better for 1v1 ( against what classes also) , battlegrounds, etc.
    1V1 I would go the shadow. They have a nice bag of tricks for PVP.

The guardian for me is a close second though.

Quote Originally Posted by sebackers View Post
    Title.

I'm mostly interested in pvp. I love all sorts of pvp including duels so what are the pros and cons of each, and ultimately which one is I guess more op given the player is equal at both classes? I know it all depends on your playstyle and all so I would also be interested in which type of playstyle fits best, I mean I honestly don't mind healing or dpsing or tanking in pvp it doesn't really matter.
    Shadow/Assassin have a ridiculous number of useful tools in PvP that lets them excel in 1v1 fights. You have Stealth, Vanish, Sap, a sprint, a stun, a knockback, a snare, an incapacitate(and a few other tools depending on spec)...these same tools also make them useful for taking and defending nodes in warzones, carrying the ball or supporting the ball carrier(guard helps with this too) in Huttball, etc.

Just to point out though, there really isn't such thing as 1v1 in this game unless you're just dualing somebody. Someone else ALWAYS joins the fight in the PvP matches. Both of them have their pros and cons, Stealth is a huge advantage for some things, but so is the leap that Guardians can do....depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

Regardless, pick the one you like the best and go with it, you'll enjoy yourslef more that way because the performance difference between the two aren't enough to make one more OP than the other...they both have strengths and weakneses.

thanks for all the awesome replies .

I'm on the westcoast pvp server , name=sebackers

Lightside