Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    im serious. not trolling. why cant we use imperial? what is so wrong with imperial?
    Illogical
    really really small minority
    large adoption much harder than changing from imperial to metric

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah..okay...except in America. And all over the world for TV screens we still like to count them in inches.
    Actually I work in a warehouse, Most TV's these days have their Measurements in Cm in large print and then in inches inside of small parentheses next to it, for you know, the retards that come to look at TV's that still use imperial.

10+ Year Old Account
    that doesnt answer my question. why is our system backwards? i believe the burden of proof is on you.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    im serious. not trolling. why cant we use imperial? what is so wrong with imperial?
    Because it's completely illogical and a mix of various weird measures?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Looking at that map surprised me. I thought the UK used the imperial system. Whenever I've watched Top Gear they always use miles and gallons as measurements. Is that just the show or are some things in the UK imperial and some metric?

that doesnt answer my question. why is our system backwards? i believe the burden of proof is on you.

Because once size gets to a small enough measurement it is illogical to use Imperial, when using Metric and a power of 10 system is far more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalis View Post
    Looking at that map surprised me. I thought the UK used the imperial system. Whenever I've watched Top Gear they always use miles and gallons as measurements. Is that just the show or are some things in the UK imperial and some metric?
    The vast Majority of the UK, especially in reference to distance, is still imperial.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

They use both in a mix

10+ Year Old Account
    i think these charts seem to be biased.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    They use a mixture of those two, in addition to their own weird measurements as well. Like stones.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

"I know lets measure in rat testicles, horse legs, as far I can throw this ball and the furthest I can walk in 20 minutes" or something.

"We'll say 16.6 rat testicles to a horse leg, 78 horse legs to the ball throw and 11 ball throws to the 20 minute walk, that seems sensible"

This is why imperial is pointless.
    Yes, the English invented it (probably at least helped) and your fore fathers took it with you when they sailed to the new world as risking death by disease/starvation was better than the shitty life/facing the rap sheet they had in Europe compared to the smarter folks but we had the good sense to ditch it for something that worked nicely in 10's.

Now if this isn't a fantasy-creature-vulnerable-to-fire-regenerates-health thread I'll be amazed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    They use a mixture of those two, in addition to their own weird measurements as well. Like stones.
    Stones is apparently 'Imperial' that none of the other imperial using countries ever adopted. Apparently 14 lbs is 1 stone.
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    Pictures like this lead me to believe Americans are purposefully retarded just so they can remain special snowflakes to the rest of the world.

i think these charts seem to be biased.
    I think "obviously contentious, baseless, illogical counter argument" now reply MOAR, MOAR!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade Paladin View Post
    Pictures like this lead me to believe Americans are purposefully retarded just so they can remain special snowflakes to the rest of the world.
    Comments like this make it clear just how jealous you are.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Troll? Why do you guys cling to this utterly arbitrary conversion system anyway? I could understand if you guys had your own "base meter" in some vault and everything after that were a sensible linear scaling of it, but you just use random shit to measure stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I wish we would swap to metric. Sure there would be lots of bitching after the change but I think we would get over it eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imperial is a stupid measurement system. Metric's base 10 system is so, so so much simpler.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Comments like this make it clear just how jealous you are.
    I doupt the rest of the world is too jealous of that extra chromosome

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-05-09 at 01:32 PM.