State of the game

Heya,

I've played wow from the early days till march 2012 (with a few stops near the end of expansion) but i have always came back to it.
    Mist or Pandaria didnt interest me for some reason so i never bothered with it. Most of my guildmates ended up not playing MoP aswell.

The reason of my posting is: it starts to itch again, i kind of want to check in on my characters and see whats what
    Upon inspecting it looks like my old realm (Neptulon) is near death but it states that (PvP) Darksorrow / Genjuros / Neptulon have been "connected". Does that mean they are merged into one server with 3 namespaces or?

Anyway, would you reckon its worth renewing wow currently or should i just wait for WoD.

They are connected servers. Technically you are all one community now, though you retain your original server in your names to distinct your origin.

MoP was pretty good once you reached lvl 90. There's a lot to do and a lot to see.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is far better then Cataclysm and WoD might be best expansion yet, so shame not to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

7+ Year Old Account
    After months of patch 4.3, MoP was a great breath of fresh air for me, and even now in the pre-expansion lull, I still log every day and can find something to do in Pandaria. The free boost to 90 when pre-ordering WoD also gives an easy way to get back into the game and experience the Pandaria content before WoD drops. I'd say now is a good time to renew.

Deleted
    If I were you I'd resub during summer (unless it's full on holidays for you) you'll have just about the right amount of time between then and WoD to experience all of MoP in some kind of fast-forward manner (pve / pvp / world wise) and have fun during the pre-expansion event (let's hope it's fun) and then you'll be all up to date to enjoy what's to come with WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Neow View Post
    If I were you I'd resub during summer (unless it's full on holidays for you) you'll have just about the right amount of time between then and WoD to experience all of MoP in some kind of fast-forward manner (pve / pvp / world wise) and have fun during the pre-expansion event (let's hope it's fun) and then you'll be all up to date to enjoy what's to come with WoD.
    So what class should you pick if you started again after 2 years? I've got a few lvl 85's: Druid, Priest, Mage, Hunter, Pally, DK, Warrior
    I didnt really fancy rogue/druid combo point style dps, Tanked on dk/warrior. Always liked healing, but leveling sucks with a healer class..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    MoP is far better then Cataclysm and WoD might be best expansion yet, so shame not to play.
    Subjectional opinion is not a fact...

IMO Cata was much better than both MoP and WotLK..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

If your connected, that means you've been merged. However, everyone keeps their names.

Three reasons to return to WoW before WoD:

1. For the RP. Moon Guard's server wide RP-PvP and RP events are getting back up again, and they are great! Also, Wyrmrest Accord has some pretty awesome events.

2. For the PvP. WoW pvp is actually pretty deep, and were about half way through the season. Even if you have grievous gear, you should do just fine, though if you don't it may take a few hours of random BGs and WGs to get geared up for it.

3. For the PvE. There is only a few more months left to get your challenge mode golds for your characters that you really want to have the armor before it's too late. Also, if you finish SoO on normal before WoD hits, you will get a special mount. Lastly, SoO is a pretty fun raid, and you have a lot of time to gear up for WoD. Even if you do SoO flex right now, your gear will last you at least until the WoD normal dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Subjectional opinion is not a fact...

IMO Cata was much better than both MoP and WotLK..
    I feel like I need some elaboration on this. I can't wrap my head around Cata beating Wrath no matter what angles I try to look at 'em from.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I heard the Vale is all destroyed. Is that place phased for questing content, or did they just get rid of it all and make the destruction permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I heard the Vale is all destroyed. Is that place phased for questing content, or did they just get rid of it all and make the destruction permanent?
    Yes; half the vale's quests were removed, several NPCs died (All of the Golden Lotus were killed, then their souls tortured), and so on. Blizzard said that there might be a post 5.4 quest that would restore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    3. There is only a few more months left to get your challenge mode golds for your characters that you really want to have the armor before it's too late. Also, if you finish SoO on normal before WoD hits, you will get a special mount. Lastly, SoO is a pretty fun raid, and you have a lot of time to gear up for WoD. Even if you do SoO flex right now, your gear will last you at least until the WoD normal dungeons.
    Could you explain what this "challange mode golds" is? I've heard about it before but am unsure how it works. Time limit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I feel like I need some elaboration on this. I can't wrap my head around Cata beating Wrath no matter what angles I try to look at 'em from.
    1: All 3 raid tiers in Cata was better than T7, T9 and T10 in WotLK
    2: Cata had much less grinding for mats.
    3: Better and harder 5mans in Cata
    4: MUCH BETTER implementation of lore in Cata.
    5: 64bit client improved performance greatly
    6: Much better levelling zones in Cata
    7: World rewamp
    8: Guild perks

Just a few things that made Cata better than WotLK.. Could probably mention a lot more, if I had the time (at work)..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/