Thread: Heroic Gary

  1. #1
    Field Marshal sphinxhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    52

    Heroic Gary

    Hello

    So the main question I need to ask, in ToJS intermission phase + second set of warbringers in P1, how should Binding shot be positioned to stun all. I usually get most but almost always miss one same with the other hunter in the team.

    Also could use help with spreading the team into 5 groups to most effectively deal with intermission P1.

    Prot Pala
    Guardian Druid
    Holy Pala
    Ret Pala
    BM Hunter
    BM Hunter
    Sub Rogue
    Warlock
    Disc Priest
    Ele Shaman

    THANKS MUCH LOVE
    xxx

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    You can stun middle pack and two packs close to the boss with Binding Shot. Works every time, even though the skill description says otherwise.

    Here are sweet spots:
    http://i.imgur.com/ZJud7wW.png
    http://i.imgur.com/jGQisn5.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/4jUEuzU.png

    It is also possible to stun first two packs. I did this few times but it was rather luck. I can't find "sweet spot" for them.
    here are some excellent pics for you

  3. #3


    for front right

    Nnug#6921
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion
    Why don't you just glyph distracting shot the boss?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sphinxhunter View Post
    Hello

    So the main question I need to ask, in ToJS intermission phase + second set of warbringers in P1, how should Binding shot be positioned to stun all. I usually get most but almost always miss one same with the other hunter in the team.

    Also could use help with spreading the team into 5 groups to most effectively deal with intermission P1.

    Prot Pala
    Guardian Druid
    Holy Pala
    Ret Pala
    BM Hunter
    BM Hunter
    Sub Rogue
    Warlock
    Disc Priest
    Ele Shaman

    THANKS MUCH LOVE
    xxx
    You have 4 aoe silence/stuns (3 paladins, 1 warlock) + 2 hunters. Assign those 4 and if you're having issues just assign single target interrupts. There's no reason to split into 5 groups in 10 man.

  5. #5
    For ToJS, throw binding shot when they start casting. If you stun two but miss one, counter shot the one you missed. If you stun one but miss two, counter shot one and one will get a cast off. It's not gonna wipe the raid if one cast goes through. If you miss all three, play hearthstone.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    For ToJS, throw binding shot when they start casting. If you stun two but miss one, counter shot the one you missed. If you stun one but miss two, counter shot one and one will get a cast off. It's not gonna wipe the raid if one cast goes through. If you miss all three, play hearthstone.
    There is actual spots where 3 are stunned 100% of the time.

  7. #7
    I do back left TOJS phase with a mage partner, so this should work with any class even missing one mob (With practice it becomes easy) since i believe he only has one interrupt, You open with a binding shot, Aim so the circle is on the one closest to garry on one side and the one closest to you, this will also stun the back one, (if one goes off you can intterupt) Then there is this item (High powered bolt gun) We both use it when they start casting as a fail safe but you dont have to only need one, then at that time one is alive, might get start casting if were behind, he interrupts that, if there are two up I interrupt the other one. and then if a fourth cast goes off your group is probably wiping it due to energy.

    EDIT
    Heres a picture I made to help visualize where to lay the binding

    Last edited by Strydr0; 2014-05-11 at 12:40 AM.

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,649
    High powered bolt guns are engineer only, if that's a method you want to think of using.

  9. #9
    In 10m you should do the first 3 packs, then back two. You only need 1 aoe stun/interrupt per group, if you need more you're going too slow anyway.

    Nnug#6921
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion
    Why don't you just glyph distracting shot the boss?

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,649
    Yeah, in 10m it's important to note that the back packs don't do anything until someone is in aggro range of them. So you can safely do the front 3 packs until dead, then engage those two packs in the back.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Dhryke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ohio, US
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yeah, in 10m it's important to note that the back packs don't do anything until someone is in aggro range of them. So you can safely do the front 3 packs until dead, then engage those two packs in the back.
    Out of curiosity, does this apply to 25m as well if you so chose to handle it this way? We have no problem with the phase as we have plenty of stuns/interrupts, just wondering.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    Out of curiosity, does this apply to 25m as well if you so chose to handle it this way? We have no problem with the phase as we have plenty of stuns/interrupts, just wondering.
    Yes, but in 25 Garrosh gains energy significantly faster so you have to split into 5 groups to make it before 25 energy.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Yes, but in 25 Garrosh gains energy significantly faster so you have to split into 5 groups to make it before 25 energy.
    You don't have to. Some guilds do it the same way as 10man.

  14. #14
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,649
    I know some 25s who do it so people in the back don't get screwed if no bubbles spawn on that side. It's rare, but it happens enough. And it happens all the time that one side or the other doesn't get a bubble and has to run across an annhilate to get it, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •