Thread: High CPU temps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    You can download Corsair link from their website and check rpm there again. I keep my h100i on the cpu header and asus Ai shows pump rmp correctly but it might not be the case with your h60. I would say that corsair's own software might be better to check the pump rpm or at least its another way to double check pump's rmp. Also afaik pump's rpm is fixed, so you wont be seeign it going up and down in rpm depended on temp.

Ended up going to a store and picking up a new heatsink as I absolutely needed this working by tomorrow. Ended up getting an H100i, wiped off the thermal paste left on the CPU, hooked everything up, all cores are between 25-43 at idle. Such a relief to see those numbers again. I will keep monitoring it to make sure but it appears to have been the H60 crapping out.
    Case: Cooler Master HAF X - Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition - PSU: Cooler Master 1000W 80+ Gold - CPU: Intel i7 4930K - GPU: EVGA GTX690 - RAM - G Skill Ripjaw 16gb (4x4) @2133 Cooling - Corsair Hydro H100i - HDD: Western Digital CB 500gb and 1TB - SSD: Intel 128gb

15+ Year Old Account
    If you wanna stress test it and get reliable results for monitoring purposes, download Intel Burn Test. Easy to use and doesn't take longer then 10-20mins for a test.

Good to hear you got it resolved. Shame you had to replace the H60. Just FYI, Corsair has a 5 year warranty on their AIO Coolers. Should you still have the paperwork from your build, you could get either a replacement, or refund. Most likely a replacement, which isn't all bad. Never can go wrong with a back-up cooler laying around.
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    If you wanna stress test it and get reliable results for monitoring purposes, download Intel Burn Test. Easy to use and doesn't take longer then 10-20mins for a test.
    Awesome. I will download it and give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravewyrm View Post
    Good to hear you got it resolved. Shame you had to replace the H60. Just FYI, Corsair has a 5 year warranty on their AIO Coolers. Should you still have the paperwork from your build, you could get either a replacement, or refund. Most likely a replacement, which isn't all bad. Never can go wrong with a back-up cooler laying around.
    Thanks for letting me know about that. I'll see if I can find the paperwork.
    Case: Cooler Master HAF X - Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition - PSU: Cooler Master 1000W 80+ Gold - CPU: Intel i7 4930K - GPU: EVGA GTX690 - RAM - G Skill Ripjaw 16gb (4x4) @2133 Cooling - Corsair Hydro H100i - HDD: Western Digital CB 500gb and 1TB - SSD: Intel 128gb