Thread: Cyber-stalking

Cyber-stalking

So, me and a friend are in a very odd situation at the moment and i was curious if anyone has had similar experiences and what has been done or what could be done.
    Me and a girl from our guild became good friends and i guess it showed that we get along well, she is married and there is nothing romantic going on between us other than a sincere friendship, neither has made a move on the other and we just enjoy bullshitting and playing games together but thats where it ends.

Our guild has a website via enjin and recently both her and i started getting emails from a random (obviously fake account) saying some weird shit telling me that shes cheating on me and telling her that i dont care about her and that im only playing her....so whoever this person is obviously has made the assumption that we are involved simply because we get along.
    Things were weird at first but we didnt pay much attention or minded but not is getting freaky.

Since this person is not registered to our site we cannot link him to any profiles from any of our members and we cant also see his IP address to cross reference it with any of our registered members.

Can enjin release his IP address so we can link him to a profile from our members? how bad does it have to be in order to be taken serious enough to contact the law?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

R

Unless there's death threats or something like it involved you won't get much from court. Maybe if you live in a country that is known for issueing weird court orders. But outside that, just ignore it.

What good is coming from going to court if you can just ignore the guy? Don't feed him any more attention.

Deleted
    That's pretty weird.

You can always ask, maybe they won't give you it but no harm in trying.

If they don't give it to you, maybe you can figure out who it is. Feed specific bits of information to specific people one by one. Something that they would react to if they were the person sending the emails, and don't tell anyone else.

So like say your guild has 3 people who speak to you both regularly, Steve, Alice, and Bob. Like, tell Steve that you guys are gonna like, meet up or something, tell Alice that you're gonna buy her some expensive present or other and tell Bob that, I dunno, you're getting married. I dunno, get creative. If they all think that the thing they've been told is common knowledge then like, maybe you'll get emails being like "She slept with a stripper on her Hen Night" and you'll know it's Bob who's sending it because like, no one else thinks she would be having a hen night.

Sounds really bizarre and trolly, but I doubt it's illegal or anything actually dangerous.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricg View Post
    So, me and a friend are in a very odd situation at the moment and i was curious if anyone has had similar experiences and what has been done or what could be done.
    Me and a girl from our guild became good friends and i guess it showed that we get along well, she is married and there is nothing romantic going on between us other than a sincere friendship, neither has made a move on the other and we just enjoy bullshitting and playing games together but thats where it ends.

Our guild has a website via enjin and recently both her and i started getting emails from a random (obviously fake account) saying some weird shit telling me that shes cheating on me and telling her that i dont care about her and that im only playing her....so whoever this person is obviously has made the assumption that we are involved simply because we get along.
    Things were weird at first but we didnt pay much attention or minded but not is getting freaky.

Since this person is not registered to our site we cannot link him to any profiles from any of our members and we cant also see his IP address to cross reference it with any of our registered members.

Can enjin release his IP address so we can link him to a profile from our members? how bad does it have to be in order to be taken serious enough to contact the law?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

R
    Someones just jelly. I've come across people like that before. I'd confront the people in the guild about it, bring it up and tell everyone about it.

It has to be a lot worse than that before you contact the police, it has to transfer into real life and/or include threats to your person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her husband is jelly... How much time does she spend playing games online, with you or otherwise? Jelly...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi