How does the fire and sawblades work on Siegecrafter Shredder?

Hi,

I have a question about the Shredder + fire + sawblades from Siegecrafter.

How does the fire and sawblades work on Siegecrafter Shredder in HC 25?
    How much dmg does the Shredder get from standing in fire or in a sawblade? For how long does it get dmg?
    How to maximise the dmg?

The damage taken is definitely not what's displayed in the tooltip; it appears to be effected by the add's 90% reduction buff. On one random kill, I saw that the add took 1.93m damage from the sawblade, averaging 49k/tick - 90% redux. Some people might say, "2 million damage, big deal, that's the size of one global crit during DFA," and they'd have something of a point if environmental effects were in any way detrimental. Provided you're moving the add out of the raid, then there's no reason to not use sawblades and fire. It's free damage, and supposing you mangle the DFA somehow, it could save you from an accidental, extra overload.

You'll have plenty of opportunity - as your guild wipes on the boss in other ways - to experiment with positioning and placing the add for maximum damage.
    Last edited by trystero; 2014-05-09 at 04:52 PM.

Having the add stand in sawblade/fire is a small damage increase bonus. Remember that anything without the boss's stacking debuff will deal 90% reduced damage on a shredder on heroic mode, including environmental damage.

So you say, that the shredder might get about 2mio dmg?

How about standing in fire and sawblade? double dmg?

I have noticed, that the shredder glows red in the first few seconds and then it changes to normal colour, if its like not getting any dmg from sawblade or fire, while standing in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    So you say, that the shredder might get about 2mio dmg?

How about standing in fire and sawblade? double dmg?

I have noticed, that the shredder glows red in the first few seconds and then it changes to normal colour, if its like not getting any dmg from sawblade or fire, while standing in it.
    what we do in the guild, is place 2 sawblades in the middle, and then if they are placed properly, u can tank siegecrafter in both sawblades and he'll take quite some dmg, but i never get fire in there so i can't say for the fire. GL with the fight its amazing

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sawblades damage does not stack, I.e. one sawblade or ten sawblades will deal the same damage. We found while helpful, the saw/fire were less important than getting the add out of healing range and laying into it asap. The damage you do before dfa is just as important as what you do after. Depending on how you're managing debuff stacks, I've killed the shredder before he even leaps.

One thing about the fire. It stacks the same way it does on players. The only way to really get decent fire damage on the shredder is to have it in the fire long enough for it to stack to a decent amount. If you manage to tank him in fire for long enough, when he lands from dfa hell take quite a bit of damage during his stun.
    Sinthetik, Blood DK, BM Monk, GM, Exiled From Hell, US Premiere Daytime Progression Guild. 7/7 Mythic HM, 10/10 Mythic BRF. 12/13 Mythic, 13/13 Heroic HFC.

overload 5th, 15th, 25th, 35th sec.
    5sec to run to sawblade, 1 sec before 4th overload, 3 sec shredder in the air = 21 sec + 5 sec double dmg

sawblade 600k dps -80% = 120k dmg *21 + 240*5 = 2520 + 1200 = 3,7mio dmg ??

Sawblade does dmg the whole time?

----------------------
    so if its 90% that it would be about 1,9 mio dmg
    Last edited by HeroicMythic; 2014-05-12 at 11:00 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    overload 5th, 15th, 25th, 35th sec.
    5sec to run to sawblade, 1 sec before 4th overload, 3 sec shredder in the air = 21 sec + 5 sec double dmg

sawblade 600k dps -80% = 120k dmg *21 + 240*5 = 2520 + 1200 = 3,7mio dmg ??

Sawblade does dmg the whole time?
    It only does 600k dps on heroic (if that) and you have 90% reduction there, so it's far less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sawblades only a slight help, though can buy you a couple of GCDs.

Fire stacks up the same way as it does on players, and I think it does roughly 100k/sec once it's stacked up (after the 90% reduction). If the shredder has full fire stacks when he is in his 5 secs of DFA it's a HUGE help. I've always prioritised fire over sawblades for this reason.

What if sawblade and fire team up? 2x the dmg? Or does only 1 work?

fire dmg with 1 stack: 70k dmg -90% =7k dmg

after 20 sec of fire you would reach the max of 20 stacks. 7k+14k+21k+28k+...
    7 * (20*21)/2 = 1,4 mio
    +
    140k*2(doubledmg) * 5 sec = 1,4 mio this is double dmg after death from above with if shredder has 20 stacks of fire
    +
    few seconds with full 20 stacks * 140k = 0,5 mio

looks like fire does twice the dmg than a sawblade?

I'm not sure why you're so obsessed about the environmental damage on this fight. Yes, it's a DPS increase, but a marginal one. Manipulating the shredder in such a way to land in both fire and sawblades is exactly the kind of thing which makes using the environment a net loss. It's a gain only when "you might as well," not when you have to sacrifice downtime, positioning, etc.

If you're interested in the amount of damage the environment does, go look at some logs instead of trying to do these strange calculations. I told you earlier, from my log sawblades did about 2 million damage to the shredder. Fire's close to that.

After getting quite a few SC-heroic kills under my belt as a tank: if it costs you more than 2 million damage (10% of its health on 10H, don't know health values for other difficulties off the top of my head) to position the shredder in the fire, don't bother and just tank it so that you have an escape route to avoid DFA without running in fire or missile turret zones. Missing an ability when the add is stunned is more damage lost than the fire or sawblades will ever do, and you really want to avoid that 5th Overload.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    The damage taken is definitely not what's displayed in the tooltip; it appears to be effected by the add's 90% reduction buff.
    That explains a lot, lol..

thanks for the info haha