Page 1 of 2
LastLast

13th human sneaker with severed food inside found washed ashore

Mod: please edit food > foot

Does anyone have any crazy explanation for this? Since 2007 in the NW region of Seattle, sneakers have been washing up ashore with a severed foot inside. They just found another one a few days ago. I remember watching a short video about this on William Shatner's show with really not much conclusion, but it still boggles me that theyre still finding sneakers since and that they were discovered to be dismembered naturally not by a killer or whatsoever. And why just sneakers? Why not other body parts that could just as easily float?

http://www.bustle.com/articles/23841...y-and-so-weird

Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2014-05-09 at 06:20 PM.

Deleted
    Well... There's a good chance there'll be a 14th one as well.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mad scientist cloning feet to drive authorities nuts. It's the only reasonable explanation.

Deleted
    Well, my best guess would be that someone kills people cuts of their feet (or all limbs) and dumps them in the ocean.

Also, a lot of people where sneakers.

The thread title confused me so much.

I'm in a conference call and I'm halfway listening to it, and my brain just could not parse "severed food found inside washed".

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a viral ad campaign by Nike. Serial killin', "just do it"!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Probably people who've committed suicide in the water. Their bodies decompose and the foot is eventually severed from their body. They're wearing sneakers because you don't give a fuck what you look like when you're going to kill yourself.

Seattle has a very high number of attempted suicides every year.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2014-05-09 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Well, my best guess would be that someone kills people cuts of their feet (or all limbs) and dumps them in the ocean.

Also, a lot of people where sneakers.
    they were examined and found to be dismembered naturally, most likely being underwater for a longer period of time. but its still hella weird they are only sneakers and no other parts have been found

Is is fast food?

something strange is afoot

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Is is fast food?
    Not quite fast enough apparently

Things in the ocean eat stuff they find and bodies decompose. Perhaps sneakers' buoyancy make the foot more easily drift ashore instead of falling to the bottom like the rest of the corpse. I think the feet can easily have been severed post-mortem, so I don't see how it must necessarily be a killer that has a thing of cutting off sneaker-wearing-people's legs and throwing them into the ocean. Might as well be the remains of a person that drowned in an accident.
    Mother pus bucket!

Next time on Criminal Minds!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echelonl View Post
    Next time on Criminal Minds!
    Actually... Bones did an episode on this entitled "feet on the beach".
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    For some reason my mind cannot process what a NATURAL dismemberment would be.
    Your skin and ligaments, being softer tissues, decompose and basically lose tension on holding your bones together. Once they've loosened enough for the natural buoyancy of the shoe (usually air bubbles in the rubber) to produce enough pull, they break loose and the shoe/foot washes away.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Maybe a serial killer who leaves severed feet in sneakers as his calling card?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Does anyone have any crazy explanation for this?
    UFO's? The illuminati?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salish...ot_discoveries

Looks like suicides and 2004 asian tsunami
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

The title made me wonder

Are there non-human sneakers?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

could be people who have drowned and their bodies decaying to the point where they have fallen apart at the seams and thus allowing the sneaker with the foot inside to wash ashore.

Sneaker protects the foot from things eating it and floats really well? The cause for this many being in such a small location is interesting.