Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Best..say 3 champs in each lane

I have been out of ranked for a few months and I haven't been keeping up with the pros, and I'm getting back into it. To my surprise the feeders have gotten worse. So instead of playing the champions I actually like I'll bite it, and play only champs that win. Who cares about fun in a game though right? lol

What 3 champions in each lane win right now.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    If you go to http://www.solomid.net/ you can see the ''free and populair'' picks right now. I guess that should help you along quite nicely.

But to awnser the question with the lane I like the play most, Support. These champions work for me and are not necessarily working for others (although Morg and Thresh are prety FOTM).

Morgana
    Thresh
    Lulu

Top: Renekton, Jax, Shyvana
    Mid LeBlanc, Ziggs, Kassadin, or Syndra if you're good with her
    ADC: Lucian, Caitlyn, Graves, or Twitch depending on your team
    Support: Morgana, Leona, Thresh
    Jungle: Jax, Pantheon, Shyvana, Udyr, Warwick, Nocturne, Lee Sin, Master Yi if he isnt banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    Top: Renekton, Jax, Shyvana
    Mid LeBlanc, Ziggs, Kassadin, or Syndra if you're good with her
    ADC: Lucian, Caitlyn, Graves, or Twitch depending on your team
    Support: Morgana, Leona, Thresh
    Jungle: Jax, Pantheon, Shyvana, Udyr, Warwick, Nocturne, Lee Sin, Master Yi if he isnt banned
    Udyr? Seriously? I would love that he is my favorite champion. Pantheon is up there on my list too. I already play several of those champions.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I have been out of ranked for a few months and I haven't been keeping up with the pros, and I'm getting back into it. To my surprise the feeders have gotten worse. So instead of playing the champions I actually like I'll bite it, and play only champs that win. Who cares about fun in a game though right? lol

What 3 champions in each lane win right now.
    I know for top you can pick Ryze if they pick almost every melee top laner and just crush them providing you don't die to ganks early. Renekton and Shyv are always safe to first pick and Trundle is very good to counter pick people with. When I jungle it's usually Pantheon, Vi, Kha. ADC Lucian 100% of the time if you can get him, Cait if not. Support it doesn't really matter but Thresh, Leona, Morgana, Karma are all good to pick. Orianna is one of the safest mid laners in the game to play which will also be huge in team fights. Leblanc and Lulu are still really good too but I'll admit I don't play mid as often so I don't know who the staple picks are. Kassadin is solid again after they buffed him in 4.6(?). You could make an arguement for Swain if we're talking solo queue only, snowballs stupidly hard and is a nightmare to deal with unless you feed.

TLDR

Top: Renek, Shyv, Ryze/Trundle for counterpicking.
    Jungle: Vi, Kha, Pantheon
    Mid: Orianna, Lulu, Leblanc, edit: Forgot about Ziggs, very hard to lose your lane with since hes so safe with long range poke and easy CSing with his passive.
    ADC: Lucian, Cait, Twitch
    Support: Thresh, Morgana, Leona
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-05-09 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I know for top you can pick Ryze if they pick almost every melee top laner and just crush them providing you don't die to ganks early. Renekton and Shyv are always safe to first pick and Trundle is very good to counter pick people with. When I jungle it's usually Pantheon, Vi, Kha. ADC Lucian 100% of the time if you can get him, Cait if not. Support it doesn't really matter but Thresh, Leona, Morgana, Karma are all good to pick. Orianna is one of the safest mid laners in the game to play which will also be huge in team fights. Leblanc and Lulu are still really good too but I'll admit I don't play mid as often so I don't know who the staple picks are. Kassadin is solid again after they buffed him in 4.6(?). You could make an arguement for Swain if we're talking solo queue only, snowballs stupidly hard and is a nightmare to deal with unless you feed.

TLDR

Top: Renek, Shyv, Ryze/Trundle for counterpicking.
    Jungle: Vi, Kha, Pantheon
    Mid: Orianna, Lulu, Leblanc, edit: Forgot about Ziggs, very hard to lose your lane with since hes so safe with long range poke and easy CSing with his passive.
    ADC: Lucian, Cait, Twitch
    Support: Thresh, Morgana, Leona
    I used to play the crap out of Pantheon jungle. What suddenly made him a good jungler that made people start playing him? Before when I played him I was seeing "report Panth for trolling".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to play the crap out of Pantheon jungle. What suddenly made him a good jungler that made people start playing him? Before when I played him I was seeing "report Panth for trolling".
    I don't really know tbh. People sort of just started playing him in S4. I used to spam him mid when I wanted elo because he shits on most common mage picks and ult on CD Bottom lane means your team gets fed. I think Lizard got buffed maybe? I took a break around that time but my friend told me some EU dude started playing it and it just caught on. Makes sense though, has amazing lvl 6 ganks still quite good pre 6 ganks. Tons of damage, a stun, decently tanky. Pretty much anything you want in a jungler.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I don't really know tbh. People sort of just started playing him in S4. I used to spam him mid when I wanted elo because he shits on most common mage picks and ult on CD Bottom lane means your team gets fed. I think Lizard got buffed maybe? I took a break around that time but my friend told me some EU dude started playing it and it just caught on. Makes sense though, has amazing lvl 6 ganks still quite good pre 6 ganks. Tons of damage, a stun, decently tanky. Pretty much anything you want in a jungler.
    Yeah I love how people arew with that. I play him and I'm trolling. Someone popular plays him suddenly he is a super great champ. lol

Udyr? Seriously? I would love that he is my favorite champion. Pantheon is up there on my list too. I already play several of those champions.
    Phoenix Udyr is ridiculously good with feral flare. FF and TF and rest tanky, and you'll do a shit ton of damage, while being tanky as fuck.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I love how people arew with that. I play him and I'm trolling. Someone popular plays him suddenly he is a super great champ. lol

Fuck da haters man. If you do well with a pick don't even listen to people questioning it. They can cry at the end of the game when you do well with it. Unless you just feed with it, then I don't know what to say . Mute team chat when you solo queue if people are calling you a troll because you picked X champion in the jungle. Not worth the hassle and easier to just ignore the dickheads since 90% of the people who play solo queue overreact and don't understand someone can have a bad game ect. Mute and move on, ping to communicate.

I only support and I really only play Annie. Sometimes I play Sona or Nami. It's funny though. The Annie FoTM wore off real fast it seems, but her engage is so solid and the same can be said of her disengage if you need.

Deleted
    Jungle Pantheon got popular due the fact that the stun from W could be used on jungle creeps. So his sustain in the jungle gotten a lot better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top: Renekton, Shyvana, Jax.
    Mid: Nidalee, Le Blanc, Ziggs.
    Jungle: Kha'zix, Feral flare, Elise.
    AD: Lucian, Twitch, Graves.
    Support: Thresh, Leona, Morgana.

Some noteable things I left off are: Trundle top lane, Corki as AD and Nami as support. As always though, individual skill and how comfortable you are on a champion are what matter more than champion pick up until competitive play.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post

Some noteable things I left off are: Trundle top lane, Corki as AD and Nami as support. As always though, individual skill and how comfortable you are on a champion are what matter more than champion pick up until competitive play.
    As strong as it might be. Thats not a champion. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    As strong as it might be. Thats not a champion. lol
    I'd put xin zhao, master yi, nocturne and warwick in about the same place, so i'm just calling them flare junglers.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    Jungle Pantheon got popular due the fact that the stun from W could be used on jungle creeps. So his sustain in the jungle gotten a lot better.
    He got popular because the spirit stone items got reworked. Same thing happened with Wukong.

some of you suggested Le Blanc. I never liked the look of her, but I picked her up and just played my first game with her. I went 13/3. She isn't as hard to play as she looks.

I'd put xin zhao, master yi, nocturne and warwick in about the same place, so i'm just calling them flare junglers.
    So I guess some of my champions I like are being used now. I got myself into Silver last season with xin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    He got popular because the spirit stone items got reworked. Same thing happened with Wukong.
    Well kool I'll play Panth more.

Its hard to say those top laners are actually the strongest because Ryze stomps Renekton on a hilarious level and Soraka top is a legitimately difficult champion to deal with. There are a lot of competitive ADCs... I'd put them all around equal and then a few slightly lower. Twitch, Lucian, Jinx, Cait>Graves, Corki, Ezreal.

Nobody thinks Evelynn is a top tier jungle really? Maybe Im just good then

I also think Sivir is a very strong ADC especially in solo queue. Amazing engage/disengage. Excellent poke for an ADC. And one of the highest teamfight damage because of her AOE

I would also put Yasuo in the top tier mid/top discussion. Guy gets 2 items and becomes borderline unstoppable

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Nobody thinks Evelynn is a top tier jungle really? Maybe Im just good then

I also think Sivir is a very strong ADC especially in solo queue. Amazing engage/disengage. Excellent poke for an ADC. And one of the highest teamfight damage because of her AOE

I would also put Yasuo in the top tier mid/top discussion. Guy gets 2 items and becomes borderline unstoppable
    Tbh i'd much rather have a feral flare jungler in my team, than an Evelyn. Yeah she's a good jungler i agree, but you'll just get so much more for just going with Noc/Xin/Udyr in the jungle