Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    I absolutely HATE colossus smash.

    It changed my enjoyment of warrior dps as one of the most fun classes to the absolute worst!

    I don't main warrior ever since colossus smash is in the game... if it was to become optional, i would definitely start playing my warrior once again.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Windowflip View Post
    That sounds like more of a lack of planning on your part. Although you want to use CS as much as possible, you generally don't want to CS anything you won't be able to dump 4 GCDs into. IE. If (like you said) you are going to be switching targets, moving away from your target, or your target is about to die (assuming it isn't the Boss...), you'll most likely want to save CS for your next target.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It seems like most people are upset with CS because using it properly takes a tiny amount of thought processing.
    IMHO, those of us that actually care about playing Fury Warriors, love Colossus Smash.
    I wouldn't call it a lack of thought process as I would laziness as I'm just a casual who does heroics.
    Having to micromanage CS to the point that I'll have to pre-plan if I should use it before I have to swap to a totem on Nazgrim, or switch to adds/totems/demolisher on Galakras, or pay any attention on protector's HP to see when they'll switch into desperate measures.. nah I'm good.
    Phase switches are more simpler to pay attention to, but the ones that don't have a timer.. it will happen once in a great while. I'm sure the DPS lost is negligible but popping CS when you're ready to unload.. dang so annoying.

    For the record, I'm not disagreeing with the fact that CS has made Fury more fun and engaging and does exactly the opposite of make me upset.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Sort out arms pve, then maybe CS can be talked about imo. Used to be so facking fun.
    Celestalon ‏@Celestalon May 12
    @lordsetarurare There are significant changes to Arms coming, which you don't know about.

    Celestalon ‏@Celestalon May 12
    @Divine_Namjoo We're planning to play up the differences between Arms and Fury. Arms should be the 'fewer hits but bigger hits' type.

  4. #124
    Herald of the Titans Archimtiros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I absolutely HATE colossus smash.

    It changed my enjoyment of warrior dps as one of the most fun classes to the absolute worst!

    I don't main warrior ever since colossus smash is in the game... if it was to become optional, i would definitely start playing my warrior once again.
    Peace.
    Maybe you will like the new Arms, or Glad.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by hollafame View Post
    I wouldn't call it a lack of thought process as I would laziness as I'm just a casual who does heroics.
    Having to micromanage CS to the point that I'll have to pre-plan if I should use it before I have to swap to a totem on Nazgrim, or switch to adds/totems/demolisher on Galakras, or pay any attention on protector's HP to see when they'll switch into desperate measures.. nah I'm good.
    Phase switches are more simpler to pay attention to, but the ones that don't have a timer.. it will happen once in a great while. I'm sure the DPS lost is negligible but popping CS when you're ready to unload.. dang so annoying.

    For the record, I'm not disagreeing with the fact that CS has made Fury more fun and engaging and does exactly the opposite of make me upset.
    But isn't that the concern of every class to an extent?
    Dot classes? You don't want to waste certain dots on targets that are about to die. Monks don't want to clone targets that are about to die.
    Priests have to manage Shadow Orbs.
    Shaman have to manage their Fire Ele (I know its a much longer cooldown, maybe Unleash Elements after a sort); and make sure it will actually have uptime on the target.
    I'm sure there are more, just reaching off the top of my head.

    If anything that is the good thing about CS. It's only 6 seconds, which is a very short amount of time. If you throw CS down and a Banner pops up on Nazgrim either
    1) Don't kill the Banner that time and let the other raid members handle it, this is obviously based on the competency of your raid.
    2) Storm Bolt Nazgrim, Whirlwind instead of BT and RB both Nazgrim and the Banner.
    Also I barely use CS on Galakras because it is almost all AoE, so if you miss a CS it doesn't really make a difference.

    Really every class is going to have drawbacks for a lazy player, it either pushes you to stop being lazy and try to excel, thats where individual competitive streaks come in; or you are so lazy of a player that you just don't care!

    TLDR: You can't really play a competitive game like this and both be lazy and care about your DPS. The two directly correlate.

  5. #125
    My only other toon that I raid heroic-ly with is a retribution paladin. (Not my choice but the raid leader wanted a class with OS heals.) That kind of management isn't required as inquisition is a personal buff, not an enemy debuff.

    But yes a lot of other classes have those situations to deal with also, and I'm sure if I were to play them I'd be snapping my fingers every time I'd fuck up an alter time, or mismanage SEF, or whatever other micro-managing those classes have.

    I'm not calling for a design change by any means. Just pointing out a tiny annoyance I have once in a while that doesn't really affect my enjoyment of the class as a whole.

    And the value of my DPS is determined by enrage mostly, not by other classes. Blizz did an excellent job this expansion with making different classes shine in different fights. So my innate competitive nature vs. other classes is lost when it's (well it's because they X ability.)

  6. #126
    The Lightbringer Amulree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland.
    Posts
    3,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I absolutely HATE colossus smash.

    It changed my enjoyment of warrior dps as one of the most fun classes to the absolute worst!

    I don't main warrior ever since colossus smash is in the game... if it was to become optional, i would definitely start playing my warrior once again.
    Might I ask what it is, specifically, that you hate?

  7. #127
    Colossus Smash is fine. What's wrong with Fury, is Raging Blow being based around charges, and those charges being gained from getting Enraged.

    Fury gameplay was really good in Cata, and I really don't understand why they went away from that design.

    The same can be said about Arms. Perfect design in Cata, horrendous in MoP (MoP Arms being much worse than MoP Fury aswell).
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Colossus Smash is fine. What's wrong with Fury, is Raging Blow being based around charges, and those charges being gained from getting Enraged.

    Fury gameplay was really good in Cata, and I really don't understand why they went away from that design.

    The same can be said about Arms. Perfect design in Cata, horrendous in MoP (MoP Arms being much worse than MoP Fury aswell).
    i liked arms better, and there's a point to be made about the generation of raging blow charges, but fury is way better now than it was in cataclysm. obviously my opinion, but it's a pretty widely shared opinion. especially on these forums, if you haven't read the rest of this thread.


    If you want to talk to me about wow theorycrafting or anything really: Eranthe#1639

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    If pressing Heroic Strike was what you did outside of CS, then you simply did it wrong.
    I for one was never at the point where I basically did nothing outside of CS. I even used RBs without CS sometimes, can you believe it?
    Sure we had 1-2 empty GCDs once in awhile, but that was nothing gamebreaking.
    Sure but getting a RB was not that common, you could go 4 BTs without a RB maybe even more. And you needed a full rage bar when CS was up so you could unload 4 HS, and 3 RB during that time. It was really boring outside CS. Today though there's plenty to press inside and outside of CS.

  10. #130
    Herald of the Titans Archimtiros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,642
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Fury gameplay was really good in Cata, and I really don't understand why they went away from that design.
    Competitive Fury rotation was horrible in Cata, I dunno what you were playing. >_>

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Competitive Fury rotation was horrible in Cata, I dunno what you were playing. >_>
    I had to go shadow priest for DS, but I thought arms was the shit? I know I ruined everyone whenever I played it ><

  12. #132
    Dragonsoul: The days when Arms was the way to go and I played Fury 'cause I found it more fun!
    Siege of Orgrimar: The days when Fury was the way to go and I played Arms 'cause I found it more fun!

  13. #133
    Sarri is such a special snowflake

  14. #134
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Sarri is such a special snowflake
    It comes with the nose.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Siege of Orgrimar: The days when Fury was the way to go and I played Arms 'cause I found it more fun!
    I'd say that soccer ball to the face knocked something loose that shouldn't be, but that screw was jostling way before it your face was introduced to that ball.

  16. #136
    Bloodsail Admiral Ashtwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Fareham, England
    Posts
    1,000
    I too enjoyed Fury in Dragon Soul, but Bladestorm on the Regenerative Bloods with Gurthalak > Fury AoE <3

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    I'd say that soccer ball to the face knocked something loose that shouldn't be, but that screw was jostling way before it your face was introduced to that ball.
    This comment made me laugh pretty hard.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Dragonsoul: The days when Arms was the way to go and I played Fury 'cause I found it more fun!
    Siege of Orgrimar: The days when Fury was the way to go and I played Arms 'cause I found it more fun!
    Until you had any Gurth Arms was weaker than Fury in DS single target at least.

    Will admit it was amusing to demoralize the Fury Warriors on my alt Warrior cause he had Gurth.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-05-16 at 03:10 PM.

  19. #139
    Have to admit, much of the reasons why I love DS is due to how overpowered and fun Gurth was to play with. Do a mastery-prepull thingy as Fury with 2x Gurth, and then see 5+ tentacles spawn around you was just so heart warming!

  20. #140

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •