About Light/dark side points

I've started a new charachter with my buddy, he's a jugganaut and I'm a sorcerer.
    We've been doing EVERYTHING together with these chars, and we both chose light side choises all the time. yet right now in level 14 nearing 15 he has 1600 light side points and i have 650. now i know different stories dfferent amount of moral choises. but a 1000 point differance?
    so here's my question, do you have any idea why this could happen? like somehow i didnt get the light side points while he did?
    and is there a way to see a log of what quest you reived what points? i kinda dount it but worth a shot. I'm just kinda annoyed becasue i got a very good lightsaber but im missing 450 light side points to equip it while i should have already been able to ):

He might be running crew skill missions that award LS points. That's usually how I boost an alignment on a new character - through Diplomacy for the points.

Quote Originally Posted by upsetshrimp View Post
    I've started a new charachter with my buddy, he's a jugganaut and I'm a sorcerer.
    We've been doing EVERYTHING together with these chars, and we both chose light side choises all the time. yet right now in level 14 nearing 15 he has 1600 light side points and i have 650. now i know different stories dfferent amount of moral choises. but a 1000 point differance?
    so here's my question, do you have any idea why this could happen? like somehow i didnt get the light side points while he did?
    and is there a way to see a log of what quest you reived what points? i kinda dount it but worth a shot. I'm just kinda annoyed becasue i got a very good lightsaber but im missing 450 light side points to equip it while i should have already been able to ):
    If he's a Juggernaut and you're a sorceror, chances are he tanks. Which means it's more likely he has Biochem than any other profession. Which means it's more likely he's getting lots of LS through Diplomacy.
    Then there's also different choices to make during questing... If you choose differently on allignment options, you both get different LS/DS points from that.

Can tell you from first hand experience, sorcs get screwed on light/dark decisions. My marauder was dark 1 by the time i left Korriban, while my sorc was barely even 300 in. Your class story offers very little. I had to used diplomacy to get it to max and multiple hard modes when cap was 50 to get it to dark 5.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Diplomacy crew skill and the number of dark/ light choices in class story can cause this discrepancy. Sith Warrior get tons of these options, Sorceror don't get nearly as many, especially early on.

At different stages of your class story line and with different companions you have chances for dark/light side. Looking at things when you are 14 or 15 isn't a great place to look at any sort of difference. Having said that I have played both and as a sorc i was maxed on dark in the low 30s, so their storyline just might have more choices for that which would mean less for light.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    Can tell you from first hand experience, sorcs get screwed on light/dark decisions. My marauder was dark 1 by the time i left Korriban, while my sorc was barely even 300 in. Your class story offers very little. I had to used diplomacy to get it to max and multiple hard modes when cap was 50 to get it to dark 5.
    Wha? My assassin was maxed dark extremely early, was probably the toon I maxed alignment the quickest(and that was ONLY through questing, no diplomacy, no hard modes).

diplomacy = best way to grind alignment