Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Every single animation is being redone as if it was done today with Pandaren quality. This means your arms and legs and head will bend realistically with an actual sense of bone and musculature underneath, no more stretched shoulders contorted like the Blood Elf male has, he will look like he was designed to naturally stand that way. Every single tiny little animation will have nuance and flavor you've never seen before. Realistic weight distribution, the angle they hold their feet and how they spread their legs and bend their knees, their hands rotating at the wrists, their fingers moving around. It will all be redone like new, just recognizable as the old animation redone. Like comparing Mario Bros to Super Mario Allstars or something. But it will be the same basic maneuver in concept.

These will all look and feel new to you with more dramatic impact and solid satisfying movement and sense of contact, unless you're just painfully literal. For one example, they've now animated the tongue hanging out of the Forsaken head with no jaw to flop and slither around, there will be little touches of flavor all over the place in the animations as if the game were created years ahead in the future. Every single animation you've had.

How can that be minimized so much?
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-05-13 at 04:40 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Every single animation is being redone as if it was done today with Pandaren quality. This means your arms and legs and head will bend realistically with an actual sense of bone and musculature underneath, no more stretched shoulders contorted like the Blood Elf male has, he will look like he was designed to naturally stand that way. Every single tiny little animation will have nuance and flavor you've never seen before. Realistic weight distribution, the angle they hold their feet and how they spread their legs and bend their knees, their hands rotating at the wrists, their fingers moving around. It will all be redone like new, just recognizable as the old animation redone. Like comparing Mario Bros to Super Mario Allstars or something. But it will be the same basic maneuver in concept.

These will all look and feel new to you with more dramatic impact and solid satisfying movement and sense of contact, unless you're just painfully literal. For one example, they've now animated the tongue hanging out of the Forsaken head with no jaw to flop and slither around, there will be little touches of flavor all over the place in the animations as if the game were created years ahead in the future. Every single animation you've had.

How can that be minimized so much?
    I think you're over-selling the skeletons and their effect on the existing animation sets - this is especially true for melee classes.

I mean, yes - new skeletons with more bones and better articulation will undoubtedly look better but I mean, you're still not going to feel THAT much different seeing them in this manner since you've been watching them for the last few years so the general arc is already "tired."

What I'd like to see more than anything is for more than 2-3 basic swing animations for melee classes and less over-use of the "1H Special" and "2H Special" animations; frankly, it doesn't matter how dazzling the re-vamped existing animations look, they're still too few in number and will get tired easily if they're all that's there.

I mean, sure they borrowed the mutilate animation for Fury warriors and they made the moderately weak but still good one for C.Smash and Slam but it'd be nice to see things like the "Death Strike" animation used for T. Verdict spread to DK and Arms/Fury and the like.

All that said, I'm still very glad they're updating the skeletons of the models (they could've left the low-quality exteriors and just did super new skeletons for all I care) so hopefully they'll pump in some new combat animations.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Adding alternate combat animations is easy at least. All they have to do is add a new ModelName0XXX-0Y.anim file where XXX is the anim type and Y is the number of alternate animations minus 1.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    New Melee animations are long overdue its pretty retarded that casters get so much variantion visuelwise while melee got a meager animation update at end cata ( yah real meager just like 3 total animations max or something and each one of the calsses only got 1 of the three how retarded is that.

Not to forget when i play warrior i think of this guy who is mastered in weaponry it doesnt make sense that EVERY SINGLE SKILL HAS THE SAME STRIKE ANIMATION APART FROM CS/SLAM/REVENGE!
    I DEMAND a different animation for mortal strike overpower and the likes... maybe flavour up berserker rage a bit more and let it really look youre angry ( youre character gets buffed) same goes for fury, prot has some variantion tho i gotta give you that with all thier shield slam animations revnge and devastate but its stil so fucking bland without any real oomph that says:YAH! that is a warrior see the sheer force of his strikes?!?!?!

AKA D3 i know its asking much to make it look like D3 but god atleast give it a fucking try because now its just retarded.

Btw dont give me the warriors arent using magic BS who cares if they use a bit of magic as long it looks a bit like D3 Barb than holy shit i wont care what i use and D3 barb dont even use magic they use fury to fuel siesmic power using thier sheer force to do super human things why cant wow warriors do the same?