Thread: World PvP Rant

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    This has been the case since Vanilla and its what you accept by playing a pvp realm, the excitement of facing off against people you bump into and the constant possibility of being one-shot by someone way above your level.

I usually only kill a couple of low levels in order to get the 90s to come out and then I kill them:P But OP, you probably want to just ignore hellfire its not going to get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    This has been the case since Vanilla and its what you accept by playing a pvp realm, the excitement of facing off against people you bump into and the constant possibility of being one-shot by someone way above your level.
    The problem is a lvl 55 had a chance of surviving and escaping against a lvl 60, and maybe even defeating that lvl 60 with a friend or two of the same level. The margin between cap and questing level has become too wide.

I dont tihnk its a critical issue in WoW but should be addressed nevertheless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I don't know how possible it would be to implement, but I actually kind of like this idea.
    They're already working with scaling down gear and levels when its comes to dungeons and raids. I imagine it still wouldnt be very easy to implement this into levelling zones but certainly not impossible in my opinion. I think a solution like that would have alot going for it.
    I'm not too addicted to quit WoW, I've already done it dozens of times.

Once WoD comes, there will be a long period of healthy open world PvP while players level.

World PvP is mostly dead due to exponential gear growth and long late expansion tiers - causing there to be many "maxed" characters with little to do.
    There seems to be more patience to spend hours griefing lowbies, than to withstand one wipe in a boss.

That being said, Blizzard should do something about encouraging players to engage challenging players - even if they lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I think low level players, and Questgiver NPCs need protection from being killed by high level players REPEATEDLY.

The savege ruthless freedom on PvP Servers is neat overall when everyone and -thing is free game but they shouldn't be killable over and over again.

I mean the enjoyment of griefers who kill a lowbee for 5th time can't possibly outweigh´the unfun of said killed player that embodies if they have to wait´for several minutes to respawn and can do nothing about it.

Killing is good, but repeated killing isn't.
    Then say something in my thread on official forums (or re-post it in NA forums):
    New concept of World, Leveling & Immersion

If you ignore meaningful threads in the official forums - well, Blizzard will also ignore you.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2014-05-11 at 04:55 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightstorm View Post
    The problem is a lvl 55 had a chance of surviving and escaping against a lvl 60, and maybe even defeating that lvl 60 with a friend or two of the same level. The margin between cap and questing level has become too wide.

I dont tihnk its a critical issue in WoW but should be addressed nevertheless.

- - - Updated - - -

They're already working with scaling down gear and levels when its comes to dungeons and raids. I imagine it still wouldnt be very easy to implement this into levelling zones but certainly not impossible in my opinion. I think a solution like that would have alot going for it.
    While I agree the margin is wide, I feel a bigger issue is ease of access, the fact that from 89-90 you go from quest greens to full Timeless gear in an instant is quite absurd

I do sometimes gank lowbies in hellfire. Camp them till tey log. Pretty much only time this happens is when i get camped on my alt, so its a cycle of revenge for me. Or if im there on my main mining or herbing, ill gank lowbies if they are on "my" node.

I dont moan about getting ganked, its part of the pvp server as old as that statment might be.
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ Curses!

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    While I agree the margin is wide, I feel a bigger issue is ease of access, the fact that from 89-90 you go from quest greens to full Timeless gear in an instant is quite absurd
    I disagree with that.

Your so called "ease of access", actually helps ALLEVIATE ganking.
    We're so late into SoO that there are a lot of max geared players, and usually those are the ones that gank with impunity.
    How many green geared lv90s do you think is necessary to beat a max geared level 90?
    Take away Timeless Isle gear and you'd see 5 green geared lv90s getting corpse camped by a single max geared level 90.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2014-05-11 at 06:25 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?