Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I find it slightly disconcerting that people are acting like a Human being died. I had a cat that passed away years ago and I didn't feel this sad.
    Good for you, door is that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    So sorry, i know it's horrible as you are with them a long time, it hurts so much when you lose something you hold so dear, all my love :*(

Saw the title and thought of my fiancee and my heart dropped. Clicked the thread, felt more than a little misled. Still sucks, but deep sadness over a really, really old cat dying strikes me as kind of silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it slightly disconcerting that people are acting like a Human being died. I had a cat that passed away years ago and I didn't feel this sad.
    Im more surprised that this thread is on page 3 and, unlike with threads of famous people or just ppl in general that die, where people just theorize the hell out it, we havent seen are derogatory comments

.... specially "oh great, more cats on the interwebz".

I guess people really do love animals than humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Im more surprised that this thread is on page 3 and, unlike with threads of famous people or just ppl in general that die, where people just theorize the hell out it, we havent seen are derogatory comments.
    I made a derogatory comment (Post #16) but no one wants to argue with me or even just insult me. I'm not having much fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Animals tend to be seen as more innocent, "oh no president putin/ obama/ britney spears/ i don't know many famous people died" vs "my pet died" which would you be most empathetic about >.<
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2014-05-12 at 10:05 PM.

Deleted
    RIP I have 2 cats and they're just a bit over 1,5 years old, will be sad as fuck whenever one of them die :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Animals tend to be seen as more innocent, "oh no president putin/ obama/ britney spears/ i don't know many famous people" vs "my pet died" which would you be most empathetic about >.<
    I dont wanna be the one derailing nor is my intention to be a douche to the OP's feelings, but, if i wouldn't care about the death of presidents of major countries, why would i care about the death of someone's pet somewhere else in the world?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont wanna be the one derailing nor is my intention to be a douche to the OP's feelings, but, if i wouldn't care about the death of presidents of major countries, why would i care about the death of someone's pet somewhere else in the world?
    Ones cute and fluffy, the other one is useless, evil or sings bad? :P cute and fluffy wins all the time >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazes me, how some people just can't stick their opinios where the sun don't shine once in a while, and let OP vent and get support from other posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    Amazes me, how some people just can't stick their opinios where the sun don't shine once in a while, and let OP vent and get support from other posters.
    It amazes me how many people post things on public internet forums and then insist that they don't want other people's opinions...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's true. Animals are way better than humans in a lot of ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It amazes me how many people post things on public internet forums and then insist that they don't want other people's opinions...
    Were you asked for your opinion? Can't say something positive or supportive to an obviously deeply upset person - just keep walking, jeez.

Were you asked for your opinion?
    No, but I'm a confirmed shitlord.

Like I said, I actually clicked the thread because I had a sinking feeling when I saw the thread title and thought it was going to be about a person's beloved significant other. Instead, it's about a cat. A cat dying sucks, everyone likes their pets, but it's not exactly on par with a young person being widowed. Maybe the title didn't mislead anyone else, but when I hear, "my darling", I'm not thinking, "an old cat".

10+ Year Old Account
    Awwwww. Sorry to hear about your loss. Letting go can be rough. I've had cats live to 19 & 21 old age, but a couple live only until 7 & 8 due to health problems. I miss each of them in their own way.
    A year ago I adopted a pair of brothers for the first time shortly after my last one passed on from diabetes, I have no regrets. I will always have fuzzy faces in my house.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Were you asked for your opinion? Can't say something positive or supportive to an obviously deeply upset person - just keep walking, jeez.
    He's got a point, come on, it's a public forum so you can't expect everyone to have the same opinion.

Still, sorry to hear about the kitty. Genuinely think I'd feel the same
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    I'm not sure why personal blogs are allowed here, but R.I.P. regardless.

Find peace in the fact the cat lived to be really old.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Is someone holding a gun to your head forcing you to read this thread?

Deleted
    In his defense...this is a forum, you discuss stuff. This is the wrong place to post stuff like the OP, how about we all post whenever we feel sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    He's got a point, come on, it's a public forum so you can't expect everyone to have the same opinion.
    It was always my impression that even a slightly intelligent person knows when it's better to just keep his opinion to himself. But what do i know.