Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Choosing the best Gaming Mouse

I am looking to buy a new Gaming mouse, but how do i choose the right one.

For now i am looking at 2 mouses

1. RAZER IMPERATOR BLACK , it has 7 buttons 6400 DPI
    4G Dual sensors and i can get it for 59 eur

2. A4TECH BLOODY V7 it has 8 buttons 200-3200 DPI 125/250/500/1000 Hz
    i can get it for 17.79 Eur

Could you tell me which one is better and why. I play mmos, fps and dota type games.

Just get the new Razer Naga or Logitech G600, nothing else compares really for gaming.

I have the Logitech G600, it's phenomenal, and unlike my Razer Nagas, has not broken.

I dont think naga or g600 would be good for fps games.Im using a logitech g700 and it has more than enough buttons on it for mmos plus its awesome for fps,at least for me

Deleted
    There is no best gaming mouse. Buy the one that feels the best for you.

Hand size, how you grip the mouse, and types of games going to be played are the key factors. I wouldn't get to caught up in DPI. As long as it isn't utter trash you will hardly notice unless you are at the extream cutting edge of player skill (debatable at that point as well). When it comes to MMO's it depends a lot on how you currently keybind skills for example. I use about 12 bottons on a 600. Some people only use 8. FPS pretty much are based around type of hand grip, hand size, and style.

What I suggest doing is just go down to the box store near you. Put your hand on each of them. Move them around. Click with them. Get a feel for them on a personal level. Buy what FEELs best and meets your functional needs. You can do this at the store OR when you come home from the store on the internet.

I love my razer naga epic, havent had anyproblems with it. I mostly play WoW and ESO on it and it works great.

Regardless if you play MMO's or not, avoid lackluster mouse designs that rely heavily on your thumb to utilize upwards 19-21 buttons are absolutely terrible. They end up being more of a crutch then anything else. For this reason, highly competitive and professional gamers alike do NOT use heavy thumb-key bound mice.

Ideally you want a mouse that fits your specific grip style, while sporting a quality sensor.
    Personally, I'm a fan of steelseries mice, such as the Steelseries Sensei and the Steelseries Rival. Keep in mind, these are some of the mice often sported in professional gaming as well. They sport quality sensors and just feel amazing to use.

SPECIFIC Logitech mice can perform pretty damn well as too. The original MX518 is still considered the most popular gaming mouse of all time, even though it stopped being manufactured some time ago. The G500 was logitech's "improved" version of the MX518, but fell short a bit with scroll wheel issues. The G400 is a go-to FPS mouse, and the price tag is pretty damn impressive as well.

Some other highly recommended gaming mice include the Zowie Gear AM, CM Storm Spawn, and Corsair Vengeance M65. The Mionix Naos 5000 is another extremely popular gaming mouse that performs like a champ but unfortunately is often hard to find.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

I've been using Corsair M95 and love it.

What is best depends on your needs:
    If you want more programmable buttons for MMO/Dota , make sure the mouse & driver software support programmable buttons. Just because a mouse is 7 or 8 buttons does not mean any of them are programmable or support macros. I've often found mice don't have "extra buttons" until you get to 7+ - anything less usually means "Left, Right, Middle, Scroll Up, Scroll Down" for 5 buttons, 7 buttons often means it has sensitivity +/-. So don't assume that with a mouse that claim 5+ buttons you will be able to assign hotkeys.

If you want to shift sensitivity on the fly for FPS make sure the mouse supports it - sensitivity(DPI) +/-.

Don't care for how Razer driver software is now. Can't speak for the A4Tech, but the drop from 6400 DPI to 3200 DPI is probably a drawback for FPS games, but you could also buy 3+ for the price of one Razer. You might try the A4Tech or a similar budget one to see what you like/don't like about it before spending more money on a mouse you might not like - gaming mice come in extreme varieties and are not always easy to love.

Might also check out Roccat - they're over in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG87 View Post
    Regardless if you play MMO's or not, avoid lackluster mouse designs that rely heavily on your thumb to utilize upwards 19-21 buttons are absolutely terrible. They end up being more of a crutch then anything else.[..]
    I assume you're talking from an FPS gaming perspective? There's zero reason not to use a mouse with thumb buttons for MMOs, especially the likes of WoW where you can need a lot of keybinds.

Deleted
    MS Sidewinder x8 for FPS,MOBA etc (prob the best mouse I've ever had)

Logitech G600 for MMOs etc

Can't go wrong with that

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    I assume you're talking from an FPS gaming perspective? There's zero reason not to use a mouse with thumb buttons for MMOs, especially the likes of WoW where you can need a lot of keybinds.
    Willful ignorance despite quoting me.. Let me break it down for you.

"Regardless if you play MMO's or not"

As in all forms of PC gaming that utilize a mouse.

"avoid lackluster mouse designs that rely heavily on your thumb to utilize upwards 19-21 buttons are absolutely terrible. They end up being more of a crutch then anything else."

Your thumb, while invaluable, is far from efficient when navigating thumb buttons of any type on a platform designed to move. Furthermore, this handicap can vary depending on your mouse grip style. Fingertip grip having the largest disadvantage as the thumb plays a crucial role in movement and now has to multitask between thumb-bound buttons.

Do not mistake the concept of convenience for efficiency.

"For this reason, highly competitive and professional gamers alike do NOT use heavy thumb-key bound mice."

Even in the MMO world, professional gamers (being sponsored players, those who actively get paid to play) do not use heavy thumb-key bound mice such as the Naga, Logitech G600 or Corsair M90/M95. That doesn't mean they won't sponsor a product such as the previously mentioned mice. However, endorsing a product and actively using it at the sponsored players highest level of competitive gaming are two completely different things.

On that note, you'd be surprised how many keys you can efficiently bind to a generic keyboard and mouse based on a WASD orientation.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Deleted
    its all a matter of taste - i like my MADCATZ MMO7
    http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/mmo.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Kainara View Post
    I have the Logitech G600, it's phenomenal, and unlike my Razer Nagas, has not broken.
    pretty much this

Deleted
    Genius Gila is okay if your are playing mmos, like 12 buttons, you can adjust a color, weight, 6800 dpi etc

it that one breaks I will try Naga Hex

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Just get the new Razer Naga or Logitech G600, nothing else compares really for gaming.
    You can't even compare a Naga to a G600. G600 isn't Razer, so it's infinitely better.

My Middle Click has broken though, but rather than 2 months, it's survived TWO YEARS of extremely heavy usage and it's still under warranty I believe.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

sporting a quality sensor.
    Steelseries Sensei
    No!

Steelseries Rival
    Yes!

The Sensei uses an Avago 9500 laser sensor, which inherently is has sensor based acceleration due to the fact that it's a laser sensor (there are no flawless lasers on the market atm). The Rival on the other hand uses a Pixart PAW3310 optical sensor (essentially an updated Avago 3090 since Pixart is now the manufacturer of all Avago sensors) which is flawless.

Granted if the OP just tinkers around in FPS games and isn't too competitive, then the acceleration from a laser sensor probably wouldn't matter too much, but if he's competitive with FPS games then I'd suggest he sticks to an optical based mouse for FPS games. It's for this exact reason that I use a Naga for WoW and a Zowie FK for almost everything else.

Deleted
    "For this reason, highly competitive and professional gamers alike do NOT use heavy thumb-key bound mice."
    Unless i read this wrong it says 19-21 buttons on a mouse? What mouse got 21 buttons, cause i havent seen one yet. Cause ie naga got the 2 basic plus 15 including wheel.

And since you mentioned naga, G600 etc, do know this because it is written somewhere? Or are you are pro gamer yourself? I can just claim otherwise.

I use the naga, molten edition still, since it was back then brand new and had 0 problems and its awesome.

Deleted
    I'm using a G600 for over a year now. Its perfect for mmo's and any other game that is not competitive fps really. (I still play bf4 with it without much issues).

In the past I had a razer naga that broke down in less than a year. Some internal parts came loose and it kept making a noise when moving around.
    What I felt was better on the G600 than the naga.
    *Less cheap plastic feeling
    *Better thumb buttons
    *Feels better in my hand due to being a bit bigger and sturdier.
    *No sweat palms whatsoever. The naga always went sticky. Different plastic kind I guess.

Razer in general is just not the great quality it aims to be. There are a ton of good other brands with better gear.

The Logitech MX 518 is a amazing mouse. Sadly they are discontinued and can only get them from certain suppliers on the internet. Well worth the $50. Am in Canada and managed to get one from New York. I'll never use another mouse.