Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs up One of the biggest Gurubashi Arena events

On 10th may there was a big Gurubashi Arena event on Defias Brotherhood-EU. A lot of people participated in this huge free for all fight which later on changed into a massive Alliance vs Horde war.

It was really cool to see (just like in the good old days) an event like this. Hopefully there will be more similar events to this one on Defias Brotherhood, aswell as on any other server.

Let me share a video and some screenshots with you:

Hopefully we'll see a lot more like this in WoD with no flying

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestahli View Post
    ya this looks great! i hope it does! it brings back old memories from Vanilla WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestahli View Post
    Having flying or not having flying has no bearing on this post. It's an example of the cool things than can happen with organized realm events. Kudos to the organizers and participants, looks like fun!

That's some great shit. Who knew server mass murder could be so heartwarming?
    These forums are just a sad echo chamber, and MMO-C is more like an echo outhouse, but fortunately (or maybe I'm just lucky), most people you actually meet in game are not like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Having flying or not having flying has no bearing on this post. It's an example of the cool things than can happen with organized realm events. Kudos to the organizers and participants, looks like fun!

its much more fun when things happens spontaneously like in vanilla, ppl would just meet while questing/farming in the world and started killing eachother

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    its much more fun when things happens spontaneously like in vanilla, ppl would just meet while questing/farming in the world and started killing eachother
    True, but this is about an organized event and has nothing to do with the flying controversy. Having flying or not does not prevent/enable people to set up realm events.

Really cool when people do stuff like this!

your guild vs my guild

meet behind the bike racks after school
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week a man robs a gas station with a BOOMERANG? wtf

It's not just organized realm events that cause things like this, countless times i've seen a spontaneous duel or group vs group questing world pvp turn into massive horde vs alliance battle, all you need is a fight to break out between a couple of people who don't back down and boom you have battles over the dark portal, the bases in hellfire, quest hubs and capital cities, and you can't deny that no flying will allow for more of these spontaneous battles which may evolve into massive slaughters. count me in!

Horde wins again. Blizzard favoritism.

A lot of people had a lot of fun yesterday with a very simple realm event. This kind of thing is really too rare especially now that, at the end of an expansion, people are mostly done with things. Gurubashi Arena doesn't get enough use. Anyway, congratulations to all who participated.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

What if, instead of having the gurubashi chest give some crappy low level trinket, it now gives a crappy low lvl trinket, and 5000 gold. ?
    Pokemon X Friendcode : 5257-9535-0556 - Poison Safari, Drapion - Kakuna - Ariados
    Send me a PM with your code so I can add you back!

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    What if, instead of having the gurubashi chest give some crappy low level trinket, it now gives a crappy low lvl trinket, and 5000 gold. ?
    would be abused.
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    your guild vs my guild

meet behind the bike racks after school
    LOL!! I agree, I guess I'm like a 50/50 dueling, I win half the time, lose half the time

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah: World PVP is awesome, as long as wow can handle it (Client/Server side) <3

This is a pretty small one, seen bigger on private servers.
    I am the one who knocks!

Ah, reminds me of the old days, massive fights in that arena.

Nice little clip to watch, and screenies.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

looks fun I was in a Fatboss Xmas gnome run that ended like this that was a lot of fun hopefully peps do more stuff like this

Quote Originally Posted by TheReptorGekko View Post
    looks fun I was in a Fatboss Xmas gnome run that ended like this that was a lot of fun hopefully peps do more stuff like this
    Quite enjoy, and many times thank the people making these events, makes it all even more fun.

Beats sitting around in the Shrine or Orgrimmar/Stormwind.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!