Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    A lot of people had a lot of fun yesterday with a very simple realm event. This kind of thing is really too rare especially now that, at the end of an expansion, people are mostly done with things.
    I remember that back in TBC and WotLK days those kind of events occurred way more often. That's why the whole Azeroth felt alive and people didn't play this game only to do raids or bgs/arenas.

Maybe WoW community got way more lazy after all these years and that's why we don't see events like this too often nowadays.

Funny, this is what we had often inn vanilla...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

That's awesome. Wish there were events like this on my server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Funny, this is what we had often inn vanilla...
    When there were no BGs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having events of world PvP is the only way to go nowadays. Player driven world PvP just doesn't happen anymore, there is no incentive and people just afk in the main cities. Blizz can make things like tol'barad and wintergrasp all they want, but true world PvP comes when its unwarranted & player driven.

Thats why i love my Defias brotherhood :3 if only alliance side was more active ... meh

10+ Year Old Account
    No flying wont make these events more possible than they currently are already...

people who think otherwise need to take off the rose-tinted goggles
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Thats why i love my Defias brotherhood :3 if only alliance side was more active ... meh
    i love defias as well and i been horde for the last few years on it and decided to transfer my alliance paladin tank to here, leveld him to 90 in the hope of getting more and more people to do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestahli View Post
    Hopefully we'll see a lot more like this in WoD with no flying
    Yeah because there's no flying allowed in STV and that's what prompts PvP like this.

Oh wait...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I wish something like this happened on my server. Good to see community events like this. Hopefully WoD will bring back some world PvP.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was very cool to watch, especially since it's not in a battleground. This should definitely happen on Draenor (Not on Ashran given that's already the PVP place)-organise a big fight between Alliance and Horde members, and then try to increase the size of the battle.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

To all the people saying they wished something like that would happen on their server... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Why do you need someone else to hold your hand to be socially active? Are you the same people who whine about a lack of community? Do you blame flying, LFG and/or BGs for it? Because I have news for you: the community = you!

If you want this on your server, get guildies and friends together, post it on the forums and schedule an event! First time it might just be you and your guildies, but when people realise the event is happening, more people will come and it will be a huge success.

Don't sit and wait for community to happen!

Screen Captured

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    To all the people saying they wished something like that would happen on their server... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Why do you need someone else to hold your hand to be socially active? Are you the same people who whine about a lack of community? Do you blame flying, LFG and/or BGs for it? Because I have news for you: the community = you!

If you want this on your server, get guildies and friends together, post it on the forums and schedule an event! First time it might just be you and your guildies, but when people realise the event is happening, more people will come and it will be a huge success.

Don't sit and wait for community to happen!
    Exactly! It's not that hard to organise an event like this. Just inform your server on the forums and on the trade chat, invite your friends and some guilds and it should work.

Defias Brotherhood EU is my main server, alongside Argent Dawn. Would highly recommend the former over the latter though; it's great server for PvE/PvP and RP alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    When there were no BGs?
    When there were no DKs
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Defias Brotherhood EU is my main server, alongside Argent Dawn. Would highly recommend the former over the latter though; it's great server for PvE/PvP and RP alike.
    World PvP is really alive on Defias Brotherhood and also Alliance/Horde ratio is 50% to 50%. Hopefully we will see more events like this one in the near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty awesome. Always loved the Gurubashi arena. STV was just a great zone all round on a PvP server. Unforgiving for newer players - it was incredibly dangerous and exciting, adventuring forth into that jungle, knowing death could be mere seconds away. Then later on, with the arena and the fishing tournament - just good times all round. I remember doing them for weeks on my 19 rogue for the trinket, the hat and the boots. Great memories.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    That's pretty awesome. Always loved the Gurubashi arena. STV was just a great zone all round on a PvP server. Unforgiving for newer players - it was incredibly dangerous and exciting, adventuring forth into that jungle, knowing death could be mere seconds away. Then later on, with the arena and the fishing tournament - just good times all round. I remember doing them for weeks on my 19 rogue for the trinket, the hat and the boots. Great memories.
    They should make a place like this in WoD. Maybe a Nagrand arena? But with some cool fresh ideas so actually going into the arena would be rewarding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I remember being terrified just to leave booty bay lol. This only proves how the whole Azeroth was alive during vanilla - that's what is missing in the game right now. Hopefully we will see more world pvp in WoD unless they will force people to do it on Ashran...

Oh my dear Defias. Still miss it. Wpvp@Tol Barad. Good days
    It's amazing what you can accomplish with a simple baseball bat - George Carlin.