Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It honestly would fix a lot of things, especially server imbalances.

The only things it really ruins is immersion, and regardless of whether you RP or you don't (I don't) seeing Orcs running around Stormwind or having Worgen frolicking around in Orgrimmar really does break immersion. How important that aspect is will be entirely up to each individual, but it would be a large change. On PvP servers there would be less risk and PvP in the world would effectively be dead forever unless they changed the rules up, which would likely cause more confusion.

As far as queues go, organized raiding or even forming groups goes, well it would make things a lot smoother lol.

What if a third faction was introduced, so both sides could hate them and be at war with them, meaning Horde / Alliance would merge and make amends with each other. That third faction would be npc's but still. Yes, I have no fucking clue about the lore of WoW, never seemed to matter to me, just knew I should hate them and not sure why.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    What if a third faction was introduced, so both sides could hate them and be at war with them, meaning Horde / Alliance would merge and make amends with each other. That third faction would be npc's but still. Yes, I have no fucking clue about the lore of WoW, never seemed to matter to me, just knew I should hate them and not sure why.
    Why? Old grudges (Warcraft 1 & 2) and shoddy NPC decisions that serve no other purpose than to create more hatred, that's why.
    Edit: So that the two faction gameplay system can be preserved and justified. It's 'gameplay over lore,' and as such, it doesn't need to make sense.

Pros: Shorter queues.

Cons: Literally everything else about the game. I play for the faction war, not carebear crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't want treehugger-type people in my trade chat so a big NO to the merge.

i mean, i have a human paladin as well (for the double agent) but i really can't stand the alliance trade chat. if i want to talk with a bunch of do-gooders and charity crowd i would go to a church or something.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Pros: Shorter queues.

Cons: Literally everything else about the game. I play for the faction war, not carebear crap.
    First, gameplay trumps lore. That's Blizzard's words.

Second, where have you seen the faction war? Are you talking about world PVP, lol??? Unrated BGs are the only place where that "faction war" happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really bad idea:
    -it goes against lore
    -this is world of WARcraft
    -what's the point of battlegrounds when we're all one family?
    -I really don't like the Horde, for lore reasons and other, I'm sure Horde players feel the same way about Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    First, gameplay trumps lore. That's Blizzard's words.
    Gameplay does indeed trump lore. And the gameplay of having enemy factions is worth more to me than one side getting shorter queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then it would be World of Peacecraft. Who wants to play that?

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Game would have to be completely recoded.

Warcraft has always been Alliance vs Horde since WC: Orcs and Humans.

You mean so November 23, 1994. Of interest is the fact that WoW released, to the day, exactly 10 years later.
    Gryphons have always been able to fly. Just because it has ever been so, does not mean it must be so.

Deleted
    Would completely destroy what makes Warcraft Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well it would ruin lore, for instance.
    Not necessarily, it could arguably open up a whole new avenue of lore.

I do not get the lore. Seriously, some one give me the TL/DR version for alliance/horde lore. When I play (as Horde) the Alliance mean nothing to me currently, they have zero impact on me in game so why is this so-called barrier put in place, to what end? It serves no purpose at all from my perspective, it adds nothing.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    +I could finally find a casual non-mythic raiding guild.
    +More Roleplayer opportunities
    -Alliance vs alliance or horde vs horde pvp would be stupid
    -I'd never get to kill Jaina
    -No more world pvp
    -No more war in Warcraft
    -Would make both factions look like arse lickers

10+ Year Old Account
    +The entire moral of this franchise seems to be "only by working together can you succeed," yet all we do is kill each other until NPCs step in
    +The Horde vs Alliance conflict is getting stale, and recycling the same tired themes over and over again is just boring and predictable
    +Letting everyone interact would do a lot for the world, for good or ill
    +Huge RP opportunities

-The game was designed as a two-faction experience and it's probably too ingrained to get rid of at this point
    -Just imagine the whining, it'd make RealID on the forums look petty in comparison
    -Orcs in Darnassus? Worgen in the Undercity? Night elves in Orgrimmar?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well it would ruin lore, for instance.
    Except doesn't lore end with WC3?