Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazad View Post
    I cannot believe how many cries am I reading regarding the minor LFR LOOT changes...

Back in the day - casuals got their gear from 5mans, blizz augmented your options a bit to get gear by facerolling an end-content, now they do the reasonable thing by not letting you to get the same gear as the other difficulty of the raid and you're mad about it ? seriously.

Deal with it - you cannot WIN the game if you don't PLAY the game. you don't have time to play the game ? that's cool and ok - then you shouldn't get the tier pieces, and I personally believe you shouldn't even be able to see how garrosh dies outside of youtube videos, but blizzard gave you the option to do so anyway so quit your bitchin'.

I wanna see the first players who whines about how much blizzard should give gladiator set pieces for those who are ganking noobs in the outside world.
    LOL at tier peaces as long as epics still drops i could careless.Honestly i highly doubt ill bother with flex once you beaten the boss on 1 mode i see zero reasons to go back and do it on flex while i done it already on lfr and no tier peaces arent worth it i can always go back and use it for mogging no biggie for me its all about killing bosses and Epics tier or not.

- - - Updated - - -

nice stats i knew lfr was mostlu used
    Last edited by mikencarly; 2014-05-12 at 10:57 PM.

What I find odd is that MMO Champion went to a fair amount of work to do this survey and the posters on these boards basically ignore the results and just keep on with their rather mindless ranting about LFR versus other forms of raiding. The survey is actually quite informative. Why don't we, you know, discuss it?

I'm quite impressed by how little impact Flex has had on raiding and even more flummoxed by the low completion percentage of Flex raiders. I think we were led to believe that Flex was an easier version of raiding intended to replace LFR. Apparently, it isn't easy at all. I don't see it replacing LFR any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    I'm quite impressed by how little impact Flex has had on raiding and even more flummoxed by the low completion percentage of Flex raiders. I think we were led to believe that Flex was an easier version of raiding intended to replace LFR. Apparently, it isn't easy at all. I don't see it replacing LFR any time soon.
    If they intend people to move from LFR into WoD Normal, they're going to have to make WoD Normal easier than SoO Flex. That audience is not going to tolerate much frustration.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Flex numbers are suprisingly good, considering everything it has going against it right now. And LFR numbers are a bit inflated because you still get set pieces and proper trinkets from there. LFR doesn't really need replacing anymore, since it's going to be place for "special" guys with their own little "special" loot, over all they are doing a bit better job at separating raiding from tourist ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    Flex numbers are suprisingly good, considering everything it has going against it right now. And LFR numbers are a bit inflated because you still get set pieces and proper trinkets from there. LFR doesn't really need replacing anymore, since it's going to be place for "special" guys with their own little "special" loot, over all they are doing a bit better job at separating raiding from tourist ride.
    Still won't change much as long as the epics our still better then 5 man heroics people will still be running it like they been doing now.you might get maybe 5% but i highly doubt it that only run lfr to run flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    I agree. If Blizzard really wants people to switch from LFR to flex (Normal in WoD), they have to make Flex a whole lot easier. I was shocked at the low completion rate for Flex. Is it really that much harder than LFR or is it just the problem of keeping an organized group together to the end?
    It largely depends on the boss. Certain bosses in Flex are a huge step up from LFR (Norushen, Sha, and everything after and including Nazgrim) in terms of both mechanics and difficulty. This is good to a degree and helps players learn the ropes...bosses don't really feel like brick walls more than challenges to overcome.

Then there's Garrosh. Now granted, at this point I can grab 9 randoms from my guild and kill him with few problems on that difficulty (hell 10man normal gets rolled now) there is a MASSIVE difference between the fight on LFR and the fight on Flex to the degree they might as well not be the same boss anymore.

I have never seen a group with all 548 or lower ilvl people kill the guy on flex. Ever. He is 90% as difficult as Normal mode which was (and still usually is) done with organized guilds every week at the end of heroic attempts to roll over and get 'looms. Most people I know don't even bother with Flex4, the much crappier BOA isn't worth the hassle of finding enough people that don't have to be carried or sitting dead throughout the fight through OQueue or Other Raids. It's pretty much an expected occurrence to see a group spamming trade for Flex4 require the AotC achievement.

Anyways, as I mentioned...lowering the base health and damage/health buff when they die of the Empowered adds would be a great targeted nerf to start with, since 100% of the Flex wipes I experienced before I joined an actual raiding guild were caused by being overrun by adds. Not that Blizzard gives a shit about current content anymore.

Flex numbers are suprisingly good, considering everything it has going against it right now.
    It doesn't have "everything going against it." It's basically the return of the trade channel pug, which was popular in WOTLK. It's also the only way to progress your character until you get a cloak and a normal raid guild will take you, so yes it's popular.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2014-05-13 at 07:05 AM.

Deleted
    Hmm, less than 1% of players killed heroic Garrosh and less than 10% of players killed a heroic boss at all.
    Logical conclusion is that only a very small minority of players does heroic raiding, and Blizzard should just ditch heroic mode so they can spend more time developing flex/normal mode content!