Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to every and all of the mothers out there. Have a wonderful day.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It's not Mother's Day

Happy Consumerist BS holiday everyone!

Sorry but if you need a 'holiday' to appreciate the people you supposedly care about then you don't really care about them. Mother's day (this goes for Father's day as well) should be any day that you wish to show appreciation to your Mother/Father. But by all means... allow pointless trite 'holidays' dictate when you feel emotion!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    It's not Mother's Day
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%...ound_the_world

Deleted
    didn't Hitler create this day? think he wanted to encourage mamas popping out new soldiers or somethin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    didn't Hitler create this day? think he wanted to encourage mamas popping out new soldiers or somethin
    He gave out medals for mothers, I have the gold and silver ones in my collection.

Very stylish, shame they were issued by such a dreadful regime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    He gave out medals for mothers, I have the gold and silver ones in my collection.

Very stylish, shame they were issued by such a dreadful regime.
    Did you buy them or inherit them?

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post

Sorry but if you need a 'holiday' to appreciate the people you supposedly care about then you don't really care about them. Mother's day (this goes for Father's day as well) should be any day that you wish to show appreciation to your Mother/Father. But by all means... allow pointless trite 'holidays' dictate when you feel emotion!
    Hey! If you're going to be so cutting and sharp, you need a sign to inform people that they're approaching an awful lot of edge.

The modern American holiday of Mother's Day was first celebrated in 1908, when Anna Jarvis held a memorial for her mother in Grafton, West Virginia. Her campaign to make "Mother's Day" a recognized holiday in the United States began in 1905, the year her beloved mother, Ann Reeves Jarvis, died.
    Wow. Such consumerism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Did you buy them or inherit them?
    Brought them, got a great deal on them because the gold was so dirty he thought it was the Bronze, I never bothered to correct him.

Why have any holidays then. Why don't we make sure to stay at the same level of happiness or disappointment over things every single day until we all die.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account

Or, it is an agreed upon day by the international community at large to take ONE DAY out of their busy, slave labor lives to give their employees time to go out and spend time with their loved ones for once, as with a good portion of international holidays.

Some people work to the bone so their loved ones (including their mother) can have bread on the table, and never get to sit at said table because of work, this day is specifically for them.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Or, it is an agreed upon day by the international community at large to take ONE DAY out of their busy, slave labor lives to give their employees time to go out and spend time with their loved ones for once, as with a good portion of international holidays.

Some people work to the bone so their loved ones (including their mother) can have bread on the table, and never get to sit at said table because of work, this day is specifically for them.
    It's always on a Sunday in Britain, so most employers aren't giving anybody anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    My mother can DIAF. Happy Mother's Day to every other mother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    It's not Mother's Day
    Well maybe not for you, but apparently it's the most popular date and all the cool kids are doing it. Time differences also exist...

Happy Mom's Day to the gamer and/or gaming moms here.

Deleted
    For a second I thought I'd stepped into a time machine.

Deleted
    Happy mother's day. Already called my mom, she was very happy
    Love you mom!

'murica, scaring every English person, ever. >.>

Good thing I knew this year!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    'murica, scaring every English person, ever. >.>

Good thing I knew this year!
    Yes, America and like 50 other countries who celebrated it Sunday :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I took my mom out to eat yesterday and we spent the night watching scary movies. Felt like a little girl again.